What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hightimes 2014 AMS

zamzia

Veteran
So the midget was clearing one of the GH cafes of people that didn't have the judges week pass? Jesus. That would be a shame as I liked the atmosphere in one of the GH places (forget which canal road it was on, but pretty sure there were two BullDogs on the other side up and down the canal).

mr.haze420

Veteran
that frickin midgit at the greenhouse, kicked me out many times for not having a pass. You will not get in the greenhouse when it gets busy without a pass, maybe.

One time we (ic crew) had taken over the back room,(@Greenhouse) the midgit, on one of his rounds through the greenhouse noticed i had no pass.
(even though like 20 of us are all spending money having fun)
f@@cker tried to kick me out!! untill Mr Haze magically made a pass appear for me.
:dance013:
proper pissed the midgit off!! haha.

See ya there Jamie shoes! Big G and poss Zam.

always happy to sort out a fellow ic mag member and piss of the security guard lol

mack 10

Veteran
^^Hehe! See ya soon Mr Haze!

@ Zam, that sounds like the red light greenhouse.
the one on Harlemerstraat (spelt wrong) with the fishtank floor
is where the midgit patrolls.

I can't wait!! Woohoo!

zamzia

Veteran
Yeah, was in the red light district ;) Went in 2-3 of the GH cafes as we stumbled upon them.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah in Ams no one wants dollars, so they just switch it to euro for those paying at the door. makes sense they always offer a better price for those getting tickets early.

zamzia

Veteran
Wow, that's quite a mark up on the exchange rate. Someone (think Mack) thought it was 20euro on the door for day.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it will end up costing you 20 euro for a 1 day pass if you buy it now at the 50 dollar price, using the code online.

at the door it will be the full 50 euro for the day pass.

they are happy to get money early, so they offer a better deal for the early birds. but at the door the whole event laminate will cost 250 euro. if you buy it now before October it will cost 200 dollars if you use the code.

the day pass does not include entrance to the parties.

zamzia

Veteran
OK, I've gotten myself mixed up somewhere along the line, sorry! Hmmm, have to have a good think about this then.

mack 10

Veteran
I paid 20 euro on the door @ the expo last year, no sorry the year before.. It said $50 on high times website, but was only 20euro to get in. ( i think that's just the normal exchange rate from $ to e)
The concert was also 20e on the door @ melkweg.
i am not guessing i went to both events.
still want a 4 day pass but would like to see what the planned events are before i dive in.
hope that makes it clear.

zamzia

Veteran
Thanks for clarifying Mack, I did think that was what you said, but I was too lazy to look back, sorry! I'm just unsure whether to stump up that much. Like we said, one day at the expo is plenty and if we get all hook up we don't necessarily need to go to the Melkweg EVERY evening, so one day at the expo for 20 Euro and a few evenings at 20 Euro a pop .... Happy days! :)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Mack, did you use the code at the door to to get that 20 euro price? or they just posted the wrong price on the site? cause 50 us should be 38 euro, so yeah not sure how that worked out. would be cheaper to just pay at the door if it was only 20 euro each time. 20 expo 20 melkweg makes 40 a day, which would work out to 160 euro for 4 day, which is about 200 dollars. seems cheeky to announce higher prices then you are actually charging at the door. not that it really matters, just not used to htcc way of doing business i guess, lol.

mack 10

Veteran
Mack, did you use the code at the door to to get that 20 euro price? or they just posted the wrong price on the site? cause 50 us should be 38 euro, so yeah not sure how that worked out. would be cheaper to just pay at the door if it was only 20 euro each time. 20 expo 20 melkweg makes 40 a day, which would work out to 160 euro for 4 day, which is about 200 dollars. seems cheeky to announce higher prices then you are actually charging at the door. not that it really matters, just not used to htcc way of doing business i guess, lol.

No code Gauis mate. It was my first HT expo, i was expecting to pay 50e, But the lady said, 20e. To be honest it is not worth anywhere near 50e, even 20e is pushing it.

huh?

the site is still selling tickets, no cancellation info visible? you sure? what happened? glad i didnt buy a pass yet, but it looks like i'll be there either way, will be cool, even if no cup.

buyer beware. remember you cannot get a refund, only sell the ticket to somone else.

This is High times at it's best, 2 months to go, no venue, no info about bands, party's ...nothing?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thanks mr.haze, good to know they are still planning an event. i already booked and paid for my place and flight, so ill be chilling in Ams either way if all goes well.

yeah mack, they do need to get on with it. i think if they cancel it, they have to pay refunds. mind you i will wait a bit with getting a pass. i know what you mean the expo is really nothing special, any canna trade fair will show you the same stuff at 15 euro to get in. i was kinda hoping there would be some freebies for laminate holders, samples maybe? otherwise it's a real steep price.

Latest posts

Latest posts