What's new

Highest terpene strains you’ve grown?

Asentrouw

I had to cut a pearl pheno from LBHs Super-Auto Copacabana Haze because you could smell it miles away from the garden. Really unbelievable strong skunky smell even in early veg.

Also many strains containing blueberry smell quite strong. Some are not even containable with a scrubber.

NotCookies503

Blue cheese and sweet skunk s1 spring to mind.... pungent beyond pungent........... altho old school at this point ...the right pheno of blue cheese can produce extraordinarily strong smells ....you've been warned ;)
Agreed, harder to find the right pheno these days but when you do it’s super potent and smelly for sure. Much love 🤟🏽

NotCookies503

I’d say tangie is up there but I agree all the classic strains like northern lights, super skunk, jack herer.
It’s seems that dank pungent aroma is slowly being bred out! It’s really hard to find good examples nowadays
The tangie is delicious, that classic cali o it came from was pretty legendary when grown correctly. It is hard to find a classic JH from what I remember and haven’t had a true SS since the very late 90’s. We called it the narco cause you could have a charcoal filter scrubbing the room with another one on the exhaust as well and still smell like a family of skunks were massacred a block away. What I see today called SS isn’t what I remember sadly. The one I remember wasn’t from the Dutch though either, it was from Massachusetts.
I like what you said in your last statement. “It’s seems that dank pungent aroma is slowly being bred out!” So many of the best classic strains with pungent aromas had that slight herm trait if it was stressed and sadly those traits were one of the first people bred out and when that first cut or cuts or whatever are gone…. My lil rant, opinion of course.
Much love 🤟🏽

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ecsd and Original Diesel
Chemdog d offspring
Cheese
Strawberry Cough clone offspring
NYCD Red grapefruit cut ( someone's must still have this gem ?)
Haze's ( Colombian phenos Spicy , pepper , Incense etc etc)
Haze's ( Thai phenos, Pine, Lime , Lemon etc etc)

NotCookies503

https://reports.mcrlabs.com/product...totalterp-desc&location=&page=1&searchString=

Looks like out of about 2100 flower samples tested by MCR Labs, 8 of the top 20 terpiest are Gorilla Glue or Gorilla Glue hybrids.
Isn’t MCR Labs just testing Massachusetts though? The mass scene has too many gg hybrids in their commercial scene but the consumer drives it so it is what it is I guess. Thank you for the post, very interesting info and makes me think.
Much love🤟🏽

Looks like they have labs in Maine, Massachusetts and New York.

I just quickly sorted by name and counted the number of flower samples with names beginning GG or Gorilla that were tested for terpenes and I got 71. That's out of roughly 2100 samples.

https://reports.mcrlabs.com/product...r=samplename&location=&page=127&searchString=

There's plenty of competition there and you'll see a lot of Diesel, Cookies and related strains in the top few hundred. True, this is not a controlled study showing which strain is the terpiest but this amount of evidence suggests to me that Gorilla Glue is a contender.

By the way, I'm not a fan of Gorilla Glue although I've only tried it once or twice.

NotCookies503

I just quickly sorted by name and counted the number of flower samples with names beginning GG or Gorilla that were tested for terpenes and I got 71. That's out of roughly 2100 samples.

https://reports.mcrlabs.com/product...r=samplename&location=&page=127&searchString=

There's plenty of competition there and you'll see a lot of Diesel, Cookies and related strains in the top few hundred. True, this is not a controlled study showing which strain is the terpiest but this amount of evidence suggests to me that Gorilla Glue is a contender.

By the way, I'm not a fan of Gorilla Glue although I've only tried it once or twice.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Definitely nothing wrong with the strain for sure

Wnikk

Super interesting list, It’s great people are trying to keep the pungent stains alive.
Same here, I’ve only had gorilla glue a couple of times and both haven’t been the best examples! I’ve always wondered what the fuss is about really. Finding the best example of a strain is hard work

NotCookies503

Ecsd and Original Diesel
Chemdog d offspring
Cheese
Strawberry Cough clone offspring
NYCD Red grapefruit cut ( someone's must still have this gem ?)
Haze's ( Colombian phenos Spicy , pepper , Incense etc etc)
Haze's ( Thai phenos, Pine, Lime , Lemon etc etc)
I like your taste. That ruby red nyc was so mouth watering delicious tho maaaan. I remember when Soma won the HT cup with it I was “what the hell is NYC diesel? Sounds like a money grab off the ECSD in the NE states to me” 😆 but I went in on a 10 pack of regs with a buddy for like $300 I think it was 😂 The one that stood out was so lip and tongue smack delicious though, reminded me of the old school grapefruit pheno from BC back in the 90’s that turned super pink and lavender when ripening and dripped sweet pink ruby red grapefruit funk before everyone watered the strain down of course.

NotCookies503

The jack’s cleaner dom agent orange cultivar
I only seen it in a run twice, so out of about 40. The cross is actually orange velvet x jack the ripper so the 2 most common phenos showed expressions like their parents, some stretching a bit more like a sativa but not crazy and one shorter and colored more in the last couple of weeks. If I remember correctly, the taller one was bit more glistening. Anyway, the pheno I’m talking about stretched like a sativa, very vigorous, took much longer like 14 weeks but yielded pretty well actually. The smell was super pungent meyers lemons and havarti cheese and finished with not a purple but more of a lavender colored calyx scattered all over. The tricomes were more velvety but more concentrated as well if that makes sense. The flavor when smoked definitely had the cheesy pungent lemon on inhale but tasted like an old school haze/lambs bread, which is why I’ve always remembered it as the jacks cleaner leaner. The high hit you in the face and tickled your brain when it rushed through you. Sorry for the long post but writing about it brought up some delicious memories.
Much love 🤟🏽

NotCookies503

I was up to 11 cuts in my library.. dropped down to 9.. most had something to do with Cannabis Cup.. then dropped all the way to zero.. didn't feel like working that hard anymore :)
Agreed, very hard work to keep a certain cut for long periods. I definitely don’t have all of those on my list now and probably could only get 1/3rd of them back from friends due to seeds not being exactly the same as special cuts, yes I’m weird 😆