What's new

Highest terpene strains you’ve grown?

NotCookies503

What are all your takes on highest terpene strains that you’ve grown.

My list:(sure I’ve missed some lol)
1. Road kill skunk
2. ECSD
3. Zkittles
5. Agent Orange
6. Super Boof
7. D J Short Blueberry
8. Willamette Valley Pineapple
9. Dogshit
10. Cat piss

Guess I’ll leave it at 10 lol

Would love to hear your strain choices for high terps

Much love 🤟🏽

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
What are all your takes on highest terpene strains that you’ve grown.

My list:(sure I’ve missed some lol)
1. Road kill skunk
2. ECSD
3. Zkittles
5. Agent Orange
6. Super Boof
7. D J Short Blueberry
8. Willamette Valley Pineapple
9. Dogshit
10. Cat piss

Guess I’ll leave it at 10 lol

Would love to hear your strain choices for high terps

Much love 🤟🏽
Damn that is a lot of strains.

kro-magnon

Veteran
There is one cross who really stood out from all the different seeds I've grown in the smell and taste it was Blood Orange by Bodhi Seeds, a cross of Aeric77 CaliO x Appalachia. The females were not all on the same level but I had one who had the strongest smell and taste I've ever experienced in cannabis, a mix of straight orange with skunk tones. It was smelling so strong it could be overwhelming, I'd like to have it tested to know the % of terpenes but it's not possible in my country. This plant stayed with me for 5 years, it's the longest I've keep a genetic, I wish I'd still have it.
I've grown a few other hybrids made with the real CaliO like Jillybean and Agent Orange from TGA and they all had incredible females with very strong smell/taste of orange/clementine mixed often with a skunk background who could be extremely aggressive.
In second place I'd have the Diesel family for powerful terpenes, I had some White Diesel from White Label who is NYCD S1 they were smelling incredibly strong in veg and it only got stronger with flowers. It was my first experience with this type of gasoline smelling buds in 08 but I was not a fan of the buds. I had better experience with Headbanger a few years later who has also a good % of terpenes and I liked better the finished product.
I was a huge fan of the dutch skunk like Super Skunk in the 90/00's but I have not grown anything from this family since a long time so I don't know what it's worth today.

Last edited:

NotCookies503

There is one cross who really stood out from all the different seeds I've grown in the smell and taste it was Blood Orange by Body Seeds, a cross of Aeric77 CaliO x Appalachia. The females were not all on the same level but I had one who had the strongest smell and taste I've ever experienced in cannabis, a mix of straight orange with skunk tones. It was smelling so strong it could be overwhelming, I'd like to have it tested to know the % of terpenes but it's not possible in my country. This plant stayed with me for 5 years, it's the longest I've keep a genetic, I wish I'd still have it.
I've grown a few other hybrids made with the real CaliO like Jillybean and Agent Orange from TGA and they all had incredible females with very strong smell/taste of orange/clementine mixed often with a skunk background who could be extremely aggressive.
In second place I'd have the Diesel family for powerful terpenes, I had some White Diesel from White Label who is NYCD S1 they were smelling incredibly strong in veg and it only got stronger with flowers. It was my first experience with this type of gasoline smelling buds in 08 but I was not a fan of the buds. I had better experience with Headbanger a few years later who has also a good % of terpenes and I liked better the finished product.
I was a huge fan of the dutch skunk like Super Skunk in the 90/00's but I have not grown anything from this family since a long time so I don't know what it's worth today.
Great strains 👌 oh the good ol 90’s

NotCookies503

The smelliest I've grown weren't the most potent, nor were they the terpiest. Odors and flavors are mostly registered by volatile thiols if it isn't terpenes responsible.

Every strain you mentioned is a thiol-rich cultivar/chemovar.
Great response! I chose to use the word terpenes due to needing the flavor to stay on my tongue for long periods but you are 100% correct brotha

Shua1991

Great response! I chose to use the word terpenes due to needing the flavor to stay on my tongue for long periods but you are 100% correct brotha
"Underground originals" has the best cheese varieties, best blueberry/skunk too. If flavor is your thing, theyre probably top 4-5 breeders for flavor along with "trichome jungle seeds", bodhi, professor p(dynasty genetics).

If I'm just selecting individual varieties?

My own genetics, or something I created by accident I can never find again 😢. I made a freak hybrid once that flowered in 6.5 weeks, smelled like acrid dead tuna on harvest, chocolate macadamia cookies after a long cure. I couldn't grow it after the first harvest for fear of neighbors figuring me out during prohibition era. It was trichome jungles ("sour mandarina" x Jungle Cookies) that I made on accident, herm seeds. Every one of the seeds made by that one sour mandarina was the foulest acrid rotting dog shit in flower and cured to chocolate goodness.

"Sour mandarina" has agent orange in its genetics, one of my all time favorites too. You have very similar tastes, I'd recommend the pineapple hybrids Trichome jungle produced or cherry spice f2.

NotCookies503

"Underground originals" has the best cheese varieties, best blueberry/skunk too. If flavor is your thing, theyre probably top 4-5 breeders for flavor along with "trichome jungle seeds", bodhi, professor p(dynasty genetics).

If I'm just selecting individual varieties?

My own genetics, or something I created by accident I can never find again 😢. I made a freak hybrid once that flowered in 6.5 weeks, smelled like acrid dead tuna on harvest, chocolate macadamia cookies after a long cure. I couldn't grow it after the first harvest for fear of neighbors figuring me out during prohibition era. It was trichome jungles ("sour mandarina" x Jungle Cookies) that I made on accident, herm seeds. Every one of the seeds made by that one sour mandarina was the foulest acrid rotting dog shit in flower and cured to chocolate goodness.

"Sour mandarina" has agent orange in its genetics, one of my all time favorites too. You have very similar tastes, I'd recommend the pineapple hybrids Trichome jungle produced or cherry spice f2.
I have a pineapple fields pheno that tastes and smells of rotten pineapple. Thank you for the recommendations.

Attachments

• IMG_5426.png
    IMG_5426.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 43

Tynehead Tom

if highest terpene is meant to mean most flavorful....... it's a hard one to nail down who rises to the top.
-hashplant (unknown pedigree, it was called hashplant in bc and was indoor only 96 to 2005)
-our old 98 shishkaberry cut.... incredible flavors
-afterthought autos Azure Rocket..... literally smelled and tasted like full on schmuckers strawberry jam
-one pheno of OJSDKB (franchise) ..... also nailed strawberry jam but with more candy on top
-my F3 seeds of Karma's original Biker Kush..... it's biker.... nuff said hehe
-chunkypigs OGKB 2.0 ..... i will never get enough of that flavor
-I recently was gifted a bag of Mendo Purps x Zkittlez (CSI) and that stuff carries it's candy shop/fruitbowl flavors right to the roach. I also have some fresh frozen bubble hash that looks like rosin it's so translucent and the zkittlez flavor is very strong in that too. So I'll have to throw this strin on the flavor rich pile as well. Found a couple bag seed in those buds and both of them are now seedlings in my veg room LOL

I could go on....... there have been many memorable flavor bombs that are long lost to me and my garden.

NotCookies503

if highest terpene is meant to mean most flavorful....... it's a hard one to nail down who rises to the top.
-hashplant (unknown pedigree, it was called hashplant in bc and was indoor only 96 to 2005)
-our old 98 shishkaberry cut.... incredible flavors
-afterthought autos Azure Rocket..... literally smelled and tasted like full on schmuckers strawberry jam
-one pheno of OJSDKB (franchise) ..... also nailed strawberry jam but with more candy on top
-my F3 seeds of Karma's original Biker Kush..... it's biker.... nuff said hehe
-chunkypigs OGKB 2.0 ..... i will never get enough of that flavor
-I recently was gifted a bag of Mendo Purps x Zkittlez (CSI) and that stuff carries it's candy shop/fruitbowl flavors right to the roach. I also have some fresh frozen bubble hash that looks like rosin it's so translucent and the zkittlez flavor is very strong in that too. So I'll have to throw this strin on the flavor rich pile as well. Found a couple bag seed in those buds and both of them are now seedlings in my veg room LOL

I could go on....... there have been many memorable flavor bombs that are long lost to me and my garden.
Love it! Steve’s shishkaberry was always delish and you can’t go wrong with Caleb’s mendo Z cross. Thanks for the reply brotha 🤟🏽

Breed your own. That pineapple was memorable but not loud. Superboof? Modern boof. If kids today can smoke it, it's not flavorful enough. They don't like flavor, these kids. They like pretending.

The smelliest I've grown weren't the most potent, nor were they the terpiest. Odors and flavors are mostly registered by volatile thiols if it isn't terpenes responsible.

Name one weed thiol that isn't a terpene. Skunk? Prenol is the most basic naturally abundant hemiterpene of Cannabis. Just because something attaches to a sulfur bearing amino residue doesn't mean it's no longer a terpene.

"Prenol lipids are synthesized from the 5-carbon precursors, isopentenyl diphosphate and dimethylallyl diphosphate (prenyl phosphate) . The simple isoprenoids (linear alcohols, diphosphates, etc.) are formed by the successive addition of C5 units and are classified according to the number of these terpene units."

In other words, prenol, an isomer of isoprenol, the origin of all terpenes, is still the limiting factor in Cannabis thiols. So why bother segregating. It's all from prenol/isoprene. It's all terpenes, and if you don't know this, then simply call it smell, or taste or flavor like you did 20 years ago. The insertion of technical jargon into the weed scene was an agenda to suss out the fraudulent breeders and alphabet front men more easily, which ended up being all of them. Why smokers think they need technical terminology, I'm not sure.

I chose to use the word terpenes due to needing the flavor to stay on my tongue for long periods

Use the word flavor lol. Using technical words, you might accidentally strike up a technical conversation, which is never fun here.

What youre looking for is called retronasal flavor.

20240118_151146.jpg

Retronasal flavor defines weed that is grown sufficiently and cures well, as the gross Leafly terpenes we all know are ripened into desirable, rich flavor compounds that the flavor industry knows very well, yet the commercial weed/fake terp industry only wishes they knew.

Most breeders cannot appreciate the authentic retronasal tastes of weed as you and I can, the flavors are processed by the taste cortex, not the olfactory part of your brain, despite the protests that smell and taste are the same.

Thiols are not delicate and elusive, as breeders claim. Dip your French fries in sesame marinade and tell me there's no exhale. Or open an empty bottle of Montreal steak seasoning from 5 years ago and tell me thiol flavors are delicate and fleeting, as I've heard from breeders and commercial growers. Oil evaporates slower than water. Don't tell a Boveda user that, it'll start a fight. Oil also synthesizes the aromas.

Breed your own. When I see a 'breeder' cull "mutants" all I can think is "there goes the keepers". They never adjust their nutes. I see failed lipid metabolism as high demand for lipid metabolism and the nutritional adjustment pops into my head automatically. Seedbankers see things different than craft growers. I've never met a breeder who didn't have custies growing better weed than them.

The objectively loudest strain on the west coast (not publicly available, sold to rappers 1200/oz) came from ogxChem4. But it did not have a strong OG effect. Permeated everything, skunky citrus fuel and a fresh perm from the salon. Custies said it smelled like chemicals. That SH perm smell was untapped potential. I eventually found the profile, nearly as loud but a total mind melter. Eventually I stopped listening to breeders and learned to grow. You see, that sulfurous SH smell was untapped potential. The amino half of the prenyl thiol. We were able to hook that extra SH to prenol, since then we can literally say that the best weed on the Westcoast during the entire Cali med history was poorly grown mids. People have no idea how bad the weed is today if they weren't around back before the expert growers mutated Skunk into Chemdog. Nothing but decline since. Does anyone under 40 even know what cotton mouth is? Not if they are buying weed from a weed store they don't. Ironically the loudest modern strain I've grown was from one of the hype growers. Same scenario. Smelled like SH in their room (battery changer, stale garlic) and cured into mid. Totally different in my room. These seed breeders have lost the plot,never had it honestly. And they think sulfur is the answer? Prenol is the answer. Never met a breeder who even knows what prenol smells like let alone how to produce it instead of sterols jasmonics and glvs. I don't know any smoker who's trying to fix their cholesterol and ward off bugs with their weed. I'm trying to attract humans and treat difficult ailments with mine.

NotCookies503

Breed your own. That pineapple was memorable but not loud. Superboof? Modern boof. If kids today can smoke it, it's not flavorful enough. They don't like flavor, these kids. They like pretending.

Name one weed thiol that isn't a terpene. Skunk? Prenol is the most basic naturally abundant hemiterpene of Cannabis. Just because something attaches to a sulfur bearing amino residue doesn't mean it's no longer a terpene.

"Prenol lipids are synthesized from the 5-carbon precursors, isopentenyl diphosphate and dimethylallyl diphosphate (prenyl phosphate) . The simple isoprenoids (linear alcohols, diphosphates, etc.) are formed by the successive addition of C5 units and are classified according to the number of these terpene units."

In other words, prenol, an isomer of isoprenol, the origin of all terpenes, is still the limiting factor in Cannabis thiols. So why bother segregating. It's all from prenol/isoprene. It's all terpenes, and if you don't know this, then simply call it smell, or taste or flavor like you did 20 years ago. The insertion of technical jargon into the weed scene was an agenda to suss out the fraudulent breeders and alphabet front men more easily, which ended up being all of them. Why smokers think they need technical terminology, I'm not sure.

Use the word flavor lol. Using technical words, you might accidentally strike up a technical conversation, which is never fun here.

What youre looking for is called retronasal flavor.

View attachment 18948020

Retronasal flavor defines weed that is grown sufficiently and cures well, as the gross Leafly terpenes we all know are ripened into desirable, rich flavor compounds that the flavor industry knows very well, yet the commercial weed/fake terp industry only wishes they knew.

Most breeders cannot appreciate the authentic retronasal tastes of weed as you and I can, the flavors are processed by the taste cortex, not the olfactory part of your brain, despite the protests that smell and taste are the same.

Thiols are not delicate and elusive, as breeders claim. Dip your French fries in sesame marinade and tell me there's no exhale. Or open an empty bottle of Montreal steak seasoning from 5 years ago and tell me thiol flavors are delicate and fleeting, as I've heard from breeders and commercial growers. Oil evaporates slower than water. Don't tell a Boveda user that, it'll start a fight. Oil also synthesizes the aromas.

Breed your own. When I see a 'breeder' cull "mutants" all I can think is "there goes the keepers". They never adjust their nutes. I see failed lipid metabolism as high demand for lipid metabolism and the nutritional adjustment pops into my head automatically. Seedbankers see things different than craft growers. I've never met a breeder who didn't have custies growing better weed than them.

The objectively loudest strain on the west coast (not publicly available, sold to rappers 1200/oz) came from ogxChem4. But it did not have a strong OG effect. Permeated everything, skunky citrus fuel and a fresh perm from the salon. Custies said it smelled like chemicals. That SH perm smell was untapped potential. I eventually found the profile, nearly as loud but a total mind melter. Eventually I stopped listening to breeders and learned to grow. You see, that sulfurous SH smell was untapped potential. The amino half of the prenyl thiol. We were able to hook that extra SH to prenol, since then we can literally say that the best weed on the Westcoast during the entire Cali med history was poorly grown mids. People have no idea how bad the weed is today if they weren't around back before the expert growers mutated Skunk into Chemdog. Nothing but decline since. Does anyone under 40 even know what cotton mouth is? Not if they are buying weed from a weed store they don't. Ironically the loudest modern strain I've grown was from one of the hype growers. Same scenario. Smelled like SH in their room (battery changer, stale garlic) and cured into mid. Totally different in my room. These seed breeders have lost the plot,never had it honestly. And they think sulfur is the answer? Prenol is the answer. Never met a breeder who even knows what prenol smells like let alone how to produce it instead of sterols jasmonics and glvs. I don't know any smoker who's trying to fix their cholesterol and ward off bugs with their weed. I'm trying to attract humans and treat difficult ailments with mine.
Great read, thank you. Appreciate the insight. Reply anytime brotha 🤟🏽