What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High yield. Good selling

JusB

Ok. So, I'm about to grow outdoor.
I need high yeild and great selling strain.
My situation has changed from indoor growing to what must now B str8 guerilla grow.
So. No selecting .I have to use what's useable from seed
I am an experienced grower. It's been my passion and livelyhood my entire life. I'm 49. I started outdoor when I was 15 and bought my first sack. I eventually moved indoor. I have grown many different ways and numerous strains.
The thing is...I have been out of the game since 2013. Soooo many new advanced strains now.
I am at heart quality number one.
I will move back indoor with the proceeds from this gurila grow so you see... this grow is important.
So from seed I need a crop of winners and weight.
I am asking for help in strain selection.
Outdoor environment is prime.
JusB

hamstring

Veteran
Alabama
Well, many strains will finish for you but it also depends on humidity and rain. Here in the midwest we start getting rains in late Sept to early Oct. This makes it very hard to harvest Oct finishing strains with out but rot.

I would plant a few different strains and one of them would be a early sativa like the ones that Vermont Man sells. These finish mid Sept to early Oct. This strain can handle high humidity due to the structure.

Lots to learn about guerrilla growing thats for sure. To me anyway, guerrilla growing is less about strain selection and more about understanding your surroundings.

NUMBER #1 for me.
Entrance and Exit strategy: Way more important than strain selection. Doesn't matter what strain you pick if your plot is found. Guerrilla growers have to be willing to brave the thorns, stinging nettles, rose bushes, mosquitoes , ticks , hauling in large heavy packs of amendments. Getting up at 4:00am to head to your plots. Keeping your head on a swivel.
Before I even looked at strains I would look at many different plot choices. It puts a huge knot in your stomach to put in all the back breaking work in for 4 months to show up at the plot to find everything gone. This is something you must experience first hand because its tough. Losing your plot sucks but you also have to consider how they found out about it. Do they know who grew the crop? Are they going to come back to my house where I may have a indoor grow?

Do you plan on watering them?
Are you going start seeds outdoors? Thats a whole new learning experience.
What types of fauna do you have to contend with?

Again NUMBER #1 for me: Entrance and Exit strategy. Can I get in and out of the plot without being seen. Do I have to ride a bike or take a kayak to this location? I'm telling you from many years of experience any plot thats easy for you to access is probably a bad choice. Thats where most people go wrong. They want something thats easy to access. Easy for you easy for others.

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Keep in mind it will be august when you will put them outdoors, so they will start to flower soon after and probably stay small. Don't expect miracles.
I would go with something like blue dream or gg. Or just get some fast amnesia and you're good.
Best of luck

dirty-joe

Keep in mind it will be august when you will put them outdoors, so they will start to flower soon after and probably stay small. Don't expect miracles.
I would go with something like blue dream or gg. Or just get some fast amnesia and you're good.
Best of luck
Yes, even for Alabama, seems July 10 is a bit late to just be thinking about getting seeds. If you could find local rooted clones that would help a lot.
I mind the heat, so was just thinking, I would not want to be digging holes in the woods today, it's about 90 F here today.

JusB

So Hamstring..yeah..I understand everything you said. I'm not new to this.. I've just been away for 10 years and strains have advanced. I have grown guerilla b4. I agree with everything you said about that. Entrance. Exit. No leaving of trails...
I have the plots.... I understand the challenges. I grew this way 4 years b4 moving indoor
As 4 u Koondense... I'm not going to b moving them outside in no August. If I had an indoor grow right now I would not be thinking of outdoor anything. They will b planted outside in late March early April for full term outdoor grow season.
I will have experience in dealing with crop success issues such as bud rot and many other issues like insects... animals... and.. well..I know the area I'm in so someone stumbling upon them isn't much likely.
So really for me it's the strain selection that I am needing help with because I haven't kept up to date on new strains or advancements. I will be starting them outdoor but in grow treys with peat moss pellets for germination so that I get all or most of my seeds sprouted b4 moving them to there grow spot.
It's this way bcuzz I will b living in a tent for the entire season in the woods and my daily hikes will take me on my journey visiting all of my different plants. One here. One there. U get the idea right.. there may b a lot about my situation u don't understand and that's ok but this is the way I will grow next spring through until harvest.
Yep. All by myself. Supplies will be dropped for me every two weeks at a hike from my tent. My days will be full hike making my rounds and back to my tent. I'll tote water when necessary.
I agree with several different strains. I was thinking 5 different ones.
I am going to be working approximately a 100 plant grow. Lots of work. I know. I've dun it. This is my full time job. Has been.
I'm just not up to date on strains since 2013 is when I last grew. Circumstances just got really fucked on my end. No need for too much back story just I'm in a situation now where this is what I'm about to do. I wanna get my strain selection right. Thanks for everyone who has responded.

goingrey

Best of luck
Is there a good seed release of Blue Dream?

What do you mean with GG, Guerrilla Gold or Gorilla Glue?

Koondense

Veteran
Gorilla glue, the gold is a great outdoor plant but not sure about how would it sell.
Blue dream should be good by Nirvana. Can't say about American made seeds or where to get them locally...I live in Europe and order online.
Cheers

goingrey

Nirvana says their dream is Blueberry x Haze #1 (an old haze hybrid they used to sell). Could be a good one but it's fake Blue Dream.

DJ has Azure Haze but very expensive and in limited supply.

JusB

I will b ordering my seeds I have no good local source. I am looking for something that will be not as much that I have to throw out. I usually don't use feminized seeds because I breed when I am indoor growing and select and I appreciate strains with variation for the selection process. I don't have that option this time. I used some dynafem once in the past and got excellent results. It was there power kush. I was indoor at the time.
So I will use feminized this grow to maximize my harvest and a uniform great plant is what I need from seed.
I do need to avoid bud rot. So I don't need a plant that's prone to that but I do have a little preventative help for this issue so...I was looking at strains these last few days I just haven't heard of a lot of these new breeders.
And I see these damn 37% the strains and I'm like man whatever I grow has got to compete well u know.
I was thinking of a Medicine man from Mr. Nice
A strain from dynafem
One or two from Green House
I also noticed one or two sites said like sorry we can't process orders at this time. Just. My genetic seed selection is my delima.

goingrey

I will b ordering my seeds I have no good local source. I am looking for something that will be not as much that I have to throw out. I usually don't use feminized seeds because I breed when I am indoor growing and select and I appreciate strains with variation for the selection process. I don't have that option this time. I used some dynafem once in the past and got excellent results. It was there power kush. I was indoor at the time.
So I will use feminized this grow to maximize my harvest and a uniform great plant is what I need from seed.
I do need to avoid bud rot. So I don't need a plant that's prone to that but I do have a little preventative help for this issue so...I was looking at strains these last few days I just haven't heard of a lot of these new breeders.
And I see these damn 37% the strains and I'm like man whatever I grow has got to compete well u know.
I was thinking of a Medicine man from Mr. Nice
A strain from dynafem
One or two from Green House
I also noticed one or two sites said like sorry we can't process orders at this time. Just. My genetic seed selection is my delima.
Yeah Dinafem got busted about two years ago and since then their site has said cannot process orders. They also operated under some other names. Shame, they were really good. I also grew their Power Kush indoors a long time ago, got it as a freebie, great producer.

Rodehazrd

I’m in the hills at 38 we get the same weather as midwesterners
Pineapple Express by G13 is reliable grow here some rot late but it’s ready by then. I get fems
Bangi Haze by Ace also perform well and no rot or pm
Good luck I got the Bangi and PE from Seedsman

JusB

Yeah Dinafem got busted about two years ago and since then their site has said cannot process orders. They also operated under some other names. Shame, they were really good. I also grew their Power Kush indoors a long time ago, got it as a freebie, great producer.
Thanks see that's what I need is the knowledge of things like dynafem getting busted. I have totally been out of the loop for the last decade.
I also got my dynafem power kush as a freebie. Then I went and ordered a hundred of them bcuzz the product was so good. Excellent high
Beautiful Bud. So no more dynafem. Damn.
Anymore news like that from the last 10 years I need to know guys. Thanks so much. See. I came here to this site bcuzz I used to be a member before my disappearance in '13. I always used Seed boutique but it seems there have been sum changes there as well.

hamstring

Veteran
Hey brother first sorry for jumping the gun on your experience. I hate when people attack someone without even asking a few questions. I just did that and I apologize. Sounds like you have a good idea of guerrilla growing.

Second you have to check out,"Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds" in the vendor forums. Pick one of Vermont Mans gear for one of your strains. Read Vermont Mans description on his strains. There are some good ones and they are suppose to be real good with rain and humidity. This is my first year growing them, I want you to know that up front , but seems to plenty of peeps who have grown them and agree with what i am saying.

Since you are from the US you will have to go through Real Gorilla Seeds to get them.

I'm at 52 degrees north so my season is much shorter. I have had good luck with La Con but its hard to find anything but fem seeds in this one. Its always "out of stock" for the regular ones. Good potency, thats always my first ask of any strain. Try attitude seeds for this one. Always had good luck with attitude.

I am wondering if a Haze hybrid will finish for you. A good haze also has good potency.

Good luck next season and I hope you document your grow. Plenty of people would love to see it and learn from it.

Last edited:

Red October

Some other seed sellers to have a look that are US based would be rare dankness, bodhi and CSI humbolt, karma also has some great gear that's reasonably easy to get states side. CSI Humboldt you can have a look at his Instagram page to get an idea of the work he does and he gives good discounts and loads of freebies if you order directly from him.

Doc D also does a lot of work with good cuts and is very well priced but you need to order directly from him via email.

Personally I would say as you are growing for the American market is to stay with the American breeders as they have more stuff appreciated by the buyers you want to sell to them, the European breeders are a bit of a crapshoot and you have to run multiple seeds to find good plants from them in my experience

If it was me I'd rather get proven cuts and grow those out even if you have to do a bit of a roadtrip to get them. It's like you said in your initial post that things have advanced a lot over the last few years especially since things got more legal and people are spoilt for choice.

JusB

I been looking at different sites today. Any thoughts on Humboldt seed company? I also like some of the suggestions you guys have given me as to strains.

therevverend

Veteran
You've got a late start but there's still just enough time to get a crop in. The problem you'll be dealing with is mold because your humidity is high. When it starts to cool down in the South in October and November it hits right in the botrytis sweet spot. You should be looking for strains with at least some mold resistance.

Humboldt Seed Company has good stuff, they have a strain called Lemongrass you may be interested in. It's got decent mold resistance, a friend grew it in California a few years back and said it did great while his other stuff went to rot. I'd look for a seed company in the states because you need to plant now.

If you order from Europe, for instance one of the Dutch companies like Greenhouse, it'll probably take two weeks at least and you don't want to be pushing into August. They won't get big enough. If you start now they'll be at least 3 feet tall when they start to flower, that's enough to make it worth your trouble. I'd order the fastest shipping possible. I think seedsherenow is in the States and reputable. Of course if anyone else knows otherwise they should mention it. Plenty of other choices to go through as well.

I'd get at least 2 or 3 different strains, when you go guerrilla you never know what's going to do poorly and what's going to succeed. Usually takes a couple years to get dialed into a new spot. At least if one strain goes up in flames you've got other ones that could succeed. I think you're far enough south a later flowering time, end of October or early November for instance, might actually help. Since it won't auto flower immediately in August when the days start getting short. Good luck I hope it works out!

Latest posts

Latest posts