What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Times Goes Down

Mr. J

Except they never gave them their subscription list. And even if they did what does a subscription list tell them without the information that they would have needed to get from the Hydroponics store? How would they know that somebody bought a light? That information didn't come from High Times, obviously.

You guys are really reaching in this assigning guilt to High Times.

CharlesU Farley

I'm just trying to explain the implications of having access to a magazines subscriber database
Follow the money.
It's 'trail of evidence"' ...the DA (district attorney) and a prosecutor can get the subscribers list...Mudballs let's say. Prosecutor has mudballs as HT subscriber...my address is info in my subscription, to get HT hardcopy delivered. Just find the LED sellers shipment addresses...oh look mudballs received an LED at his address listed on HT subscription...why would mudballs need an LED? "Your honor, we have grounds for a warrant to search mudballs property." It's open shut case brah...
"question was what did High Time have to do with people who were busted"
those busted were probably just delivery intercepts of manufacturers, and it's a topic of interest that HT also had people with matching addresses...of course they had matching addresses, that's how the enduser found the LED advertising
Glad you had the time and patience to explain, I'm a little short on both today. (y)

I'm beginning to think everybody thinks the DEA and smugglers, seed sellers, etc all play by Marquess of Queensberry Rules of etiquette, when they're fucking fighting just to stay out of prison, or put people in it.

See this portion of the thread to get a hint of how the DEA _really_ operated back in the day, in the real fucking world. And no doubt still do, it's just they're focus isn't on cannabis anymore. They've got more important things like meth and fentanyl to worry about now:

That times they are a changin'... for the better! At least for us cannabis users versus the DEA anyway. ;)

I Care

I don’t want to stir up any propaganda, but is this receivership thing possible to release any information? I got a Hugh Times like 5 years before I ever took my first puff. I was surprised the guy sold it to me cause it was back there with the nudie mags. Come to think of it, I was a dumb child, I should have came back later and tried buying the nudie mags.

Investigators put cameras on hydro shops to help collect evidence too. That was one of the contributors to me taking break at one point.

Mr. J

Follow the money.

Glad you had the time and patience to explain, I'm a little short on both today. (y)

I'm beginning to think everybody thinks the DEA and smugglers, seed sellers, etc all play by Marquess of Queensberry Rules of etiquette, when they're fucking fighting just to stay out of prison, or put people in it.

See this portion of the thread to get a hint of how the DEA _really_ operated back in the day, in the real fucking world. And no doubt still do, it's just they're focus isn't on cannabis anymore. They've got more important things like meth and fentanyl to worry about now:

That times they are a changin'... for the better! At least for us cannabis users versus the DEA anyway. ;)
Nice way to avoid explaining yourself, but you left out the part where the guy you quoted agrees with me that High Times couldn't have had anything to do with any convictions that resulted from Operation Green Merchant.

igrowone

Veteran
to be fair to HT, or whatever they morphed into
I can't say I've seen the smoking gun of collusion of HT with government alphabet agencies
more of records surrender that they didn't contest as much as they might have?
which would have cost a good deal less than a fight to death in the court system

mudballs

Yes perhaps, but even so the advertisers were advertising their activities publicly so it would not have been difficult to figure out who they were, just call the number in the ad and order something.
Maybe they meant seed advertisers and DEA can't just open a case by entrapment? The quote i found didn't mention what advertisers really defines does he.

RobFromTX

I call the magazine "bend over times". They accept money to advertise well known grifters like BC bud depot who turn around and screw everyone they can. Haven't read it in many years but i hope they're crashing and burning. Couldn't happen to a more deserving magazine

Latest posts

Latest posts