What's new

High Times cannabis cup Denver April 20th 2014

paint4420

Im curious to find out whats going on outside of the cup. I dont want to go to the cup amd I dont want to go downtown. The crowds are far to crazy for me. Im just sad ill miss out on getting to meat B.O.G :(

After reading some of these stories, I'm kinda glad I opted to upgrade my grow rather than going. Next year, I'll be sure to get a VIP ticket.

Cannagirl

Last year I gave away my ticket and wristband for the second day. The first day was ridiculous! Stood in line for many hours only to get in and see the backs of jackets. Hoodlab was great, hung out with friends there and met the Kottonmouth Kings (cool guys) but I'm sure this year will be better... at least I hope so for everyone's sake.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
So it seems like it's worth checking out at least once, but it won't be worth hanging out. We'll see how it goes. All in all I'm excited anyway.

There's a cunninlynguists show, a gem show, and a huge cannabis based event. I'm going to take it easy and try and enjoy the experience.

Cannagirl

Absolutely go for the experience. I wanted to be a part of the very first U.S. held Cannabis Cup, that's why I went. It was like making history, something I could always remember... and will. Honestly you'd think they would have learned from their mistakes last year so keeping fingers crossed for y'all. If you can, get out of the city and visit Garden of the Gods down by Manitou Springs -- not far and simply stunning!

Thanks. I think I'll try and show up early to check it out before it gets too crazy.

There is also a gem/mineral/fossil show going on that weekend right near the Denver Mart for anyone who might be interested. I'll be checking that out as well.

Colorado Mineral & Fossil Show (Spring), Denver, CO
http://www.mzexpos.com/colorado_spring.html

Where is the best pizza in Denver?

Hops, and pie on Tennyson Street. They also have hella beer options. Hands down the best pizza I have ever had anywhere. Chicago included. Get their pan crust(it would be like a deep dish kind of), and you won;t be disappointed.

It does get packed as hell at night, and sometimes you will have to wait an hour or more if you don't show up early. Well worth it though.

That mineral show looks awesome. I may have to go there instead of the cup.

HOVAH2.0

F#ck the RedNicks in Denver!

racist pieces of shit!
and I hope Patton Mannings gets Aids up his ass!

StoneyK

Veteran
F#ck the RedNicks in Denver!

racist pieces of shit!
and I hope Patton Mannings gets Aids up his ass!

Now theres a big ol fat racist remark...
Funny how you can complain about racism while being completely racist yourself.
Ignorance... aint it grand!!!

StoneyK

Veteran
If you guys want the full blown cup experience make the trip to sf in june...
I went to sb and there was more weed, dabs an and vendors than you could wnjoy in one day... you could EASILY smoke enough free dabs to pay your ticket price back I was turning them away all day.
I was lovin the prerolls an grams had so many new bomb nugs... it was amazing.
Walking around with a 2 ft bong hitting bowls like it was the thing to do...

StoneyK

Veteran
If its like sb... nope.
Technically yes they say that to get in the medication area but I didn't pull out my rec not once
Not to get in the med area not to buy grams or prerolls...never
I dont know why it would be different in SF.
im definitely planning on making the trip up.
You can hang with me canna girl I got ya covered ;) lol

Abja Roots

Veteran
Looks like the San Fran event this year is going to be in Santa Rosa from the email I just received.

There's a ton of other events going on this weekend. Some comedy, art, food, gems, music, and herb everywhere.

The Dab Hotel sounds like a crazy idea. With an E-Nail in each room. That place is going to be a gold mine if the feds don't shut it down for some reason.

Warning to drivers going to Cannabis cup.

Warning to drivers going to Cannabis cup.

If you are driving to the event don't speed in the ajoining states to CO. Not even 5 mph over as they will pull you over for 79 in a 75mph zone.

Yesterday at least 3 people were out of the car as popo was going through there stuff looking for contraband. I stopped counting after 29 hits of radar in kansas. They were using all the dirty tricks too using personal cars unmarked with opposite direction moving radar to check speed.

And a radar detector will not save you against there Ka band super fast radar. They use pop radar to that is so fast it doesn't even register on a radar detector. They also use laser and K band handhelds in personal cars going the opposite direction and in construction zones. (Trucks and 4 door regular cars) All together saw about 10 people pulled over. Just set the cruise control at 77mph or less. That goes for all states connecting to CO.

The popo knows this event is taking place and are using everything to catch people. Don't speed through kansas if you didn't know!!!! They also use signs saying drug check point ahead and if you exit the highway they will pull you over and search your car. Don't give them a reason to pull you over. Don't speed. I heard the other states are just as bad on the opposite side of the state from the west.

Abja Roots

Veteran
I won't be driving at all while I'm out there. Thought about renting a car, but decided I'd rather take UBER or a cab.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Just barely managed to scoop a ticket for Sunday. Anybody know if they are going to be selling seeds anywheres?

azez

Veteran
Just barely managed to scoop a ticket for Sunday. Anybody know if they are going to be selling seeds anywheres?
forget buying seeds, tons of peeps are giving them away
easyrasta will be there high as a mother fucker
lol
peace
ez