What's new

High times Cannabis Cup 2011. Who's going?

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Thank you guys !

I did met a guy from Trinidad yesterday.

Greenhouse have been shooting strains hunters there. He told me they want to be back in the main growing islands in the carribean to share their GH seeds.

The local from Trinidad I met could not wait to grow Cheese, Super Lemon Haze and on in the carribean because their landraces genetics are "weak". He told me that I should go to Trinidad know because it will not last long until they all grow GH.

Man if you read me I beg again you to reconsider, you have heard my arguments already, dutch weeds are nowhere superior to the carribeans, and the genepool is already too fucked up this operation could put an end to it. Try to smoke whatever you can while you are in Holland, and maybe you will understand what I mean.

Franco if you read this I am looking forward to your input on this, would love to hear your side of the story and your plans. I beg you as well not to introduce more dutch genes in the carribean then there is....

+++

i would be interesting to see what if anything Franco has to say about this.

For your reference, this was already discussed on the italian board, you can refer to this thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=224850

Among the other posts here's a reply (and my translation) from Franco on the introduction of gh genetics between landraces:
ciao Magio

non c'e' il minimo rischio.
1) in Malawi non abbiamo introdotto nessuna genetica
2) in India abbiamo introdotto pochi semi, femminizzati, che non possono in alcun modo influenzare la genetica locale (area contenuta, e numero IRRISORIO di semi se paragonato al numero di piante locali).
3) in Marocco, dove da piu' di 20 anni sono state introdotte genetiche di tutti i tipi (a decine di chili di semi alla volta, da Pakistan e Afghanistan) ancora oggi si trova genetica marocchina pura.

Viaggiando per il mondo e visitando posti dove si produce cannabis su larga scala e dove ci sono landraces, e parlando con i coltivatori, ci si rende conto facilmente che dopo 2-3 anni la landrace prende sempre il sopravvento.

Per riuscire ad avere dell'erba di qualita' superiore a quella locale in molti posti i grower introducono semi "high-grade" europei o americani, ma se non ripetono il processo ogni 2 o 3 anni non c'e' piu' traccia delle piante high-grade...

Vedrai, tutto questo si capisce molto bene dai documentari in Marocco (gia' uscito) e Trinidad-St.Vincent (in uscita 2012)

;-)

grazie per seguire le nostre avventure!!!

Hello Magio

there is no risk.
1) in Malawi we have not introduced any genetic
2) in India we have introduced a few seeds, feminized, which can't in any way affect the local genetics (small area, RIDICULOUS number of seeds compared to the number of local plants).
3) in Morocco, where for more than 20 years have been introduced all kinds of genetics (tens of pounds of seeds at a time, from Pakistan and Afghanistan) there is still genetically pure Moroccan.

While traveling the world and visiting places where cannabis is produced on a large scale and where there are landraces, and talking with farmers, one realizes easily that after 2-3 years landrace always prevails.

To be able to have better quality weed than than local one in many places the farmers introduce "high grade" European or American, but if they not repeat the process every 2 or 3 years there is no more sign of the high-grade plants...

You'll see, you can understand all this very well from documentaries in Morocco (already 'out) and Trinidad-St.Vincent (out 2012)

;-)

Thanks for following our adventures
!

We already strongly debated those arguments on our forum so i'll not comment this (crap) anymore... sorry for the OT

Peace & happy cup

=K

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hey guys, leaving my place in an hour, can't wait to see you all tonight ! Cheers !

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
For your reference, this was already discussed on the italian board, you can refer to this thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=224850

Among the other posts here's a reply (and my translation) from Franco on the introduction of gh genetics between landraces:

Hello Magio

there is no risk.
1) in Malawi we have not introduced any genetic
2) in India we have introduced a few seeds, feminized, which can't in any way affect the local genetics (small area, RIDICULOUS number of seeds compared to the number of local plants).
3) in Morocco, where for more than 20 years have been introduced all kinds of genetics (tens of pounds of seeds at a time, from Pakistan and Afghanistan) there is still genetically pure Moroccan.

While traveling the world and visiting places where cannabis is produced on a large scale and where there are landraces, and talking with farmers, one realizes easily that after 2-3 years landrace always prevails.

To be able to have better quality weed than than local one in many places the farmers introduce "high grade" European or American, but if they not repeat the process every 2 or 3 years there is no more sign of the high-grade plants...

You'll see, you can understand all this very well from documentaries in Morocco (already 'out) and Trinidad-St.Vincent (out 2012)

;-)

Thanks for following our adventures
!

We already strongly debated those arguments on our forum so i'll not comment this (crap) anymore... sorry for the OT

Peace & happy cup

=K

thanks for that post and the translation. franco might not want to comment this (crap) anymore, but i am sure there are others who would care to discuss it...

BUT, this thread is not the place...

i'm waiting for more stories from the cup :dance013:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
It just got raided--

Police Raid Shock At 2011 High Times Cannabis Cup!!

Posted on: November 23rd, 2011 by admin 4 Comments

Just one hour ago 150 to 200 uniformed police officers stromed this year’s Cannabis Cup, our sources at the Cup say.

The Cannabis Cup, undoubtably the largest gathering on the planet to celebrate, discover and judge all things marijuana, has been raided by the Dutch police. Such police interference is unheard of in the 24 years of the Cup.

Our crew inside, Ali Bongo’s company directors and manager, jetted off to the Cup at the start of this week, intent on rooting out the hottest new strains on the market and bringing back the best new smoking materials and accessories back to our store. After several days of exploring, smoking, circulating, smoking, networking and smoking, they returned to the Cup this morning for more intrepid head-shop work. And some smoking.

The frantic telephone report I just received from the boss himself was that as they were leaving the Cup, 150 or more uniformed police advanced upon the venue and entered. Our crew managed to leave the venue, but report that people behind them were being stopped and searched.

Whilst a large amount of the police were in full uniform, our source says that many were also plain-clothes officers. The police were all carrying evidence bags.

The cup changed venue this year to the Leidseplein area of Amsterdam, and perhaps this may be linked in to police action, we’re unsure.

And that’s the word of the moment right now: we don’t know. The Cannabis Cup was in full swing with a full crowd there when numerous members of the Dutch police force decened upon the venue. We shall update as we know more.

This just in from the boss:

At the very least, it won’t be going on tonight. Who knows when or if it will be able to start back up. We could be witnessing the end of the Cannabis Cup; the end of an era.

“Amersterdam is changing.” Is the word from the boss, who’s out there now, relaying this news by telephone, “the Red-Light district has all changed and the whole feel of the ‘Dam is very different from previous years. It’s sad times.”

So sad times at the High Times cup.

Another contact INSIDE the venue just contacted us with this update:

The police are advancing under the pretense of some kind of Opium law. The Cup is usually not subject to police action, but they are stopping and searching everyone here.

The police are confiscating, bagging and impounding everything from everyone, but are taking no names or hauling no one into custody so far, at least that I’ve seen.

Our source believes that it is the that fact the Cup has moved location that could be the catalyst for the police raid. He has indicated that the local authority (The Mayor?) of this particular area is unhappy with The Cup’s presence in his duristiction and has sent police in.

Whilst the police continue to collect and confiscate any illicit matterials (bear in mind this is The Cannabis Cup so they could be some time!) the people inside the venue are smoking up as quick as they can. A circle of smokers is growing and people plan to blaze up whatever they are carrying before it gets taken from them by the local forces.

This is all we know for now – you’ll have more as we hear it.

The boss from the ‘Dam:

“Ok this is not a wind up. Closed down event. People being searched on exit. But this way BIGGER than that. More updates to follow”

Sensi Seeds inform us: “Police directly targeting event & attendees! Searching patrons, arrests for possession of more than 5g of cannabis”

So the Dutch forces are now implimenting a 5g limit on everyone attending the cup, is the amount you have on your person exceeds 5g, further action will be taken.
http://www.alibongo.co.uk/blog/competition-give-aways/police-raid-shock-at-2011-high-times-cannabis-cup

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
HTC RAIDED!!!

200 officers, whats the deal?

My buddy is there, saying tons of cops are searching everyone for no reason, people with more then 5grm (allowed possession amount) are getting arrested!!!!!!

SGS

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just heard about this 'raid' on the ganja-grape-vine ,,, :no:

We can only hope that all the peaceful cannabis people involved are safe and well and unmolested :friends:

Peace dL :joint:

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Last year Gipsy's decision to cancel the cup was already scary but this is fuckin ridiculous!
Goverments should spend their money and time against real crimes and problems!
Amsterdam era is ending...

Best vibez to all the people involved

=K

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Should we start a bail fund for Moonshine - Cause you know he'll say the wrong thing or fight back. - Im half joking - I really hope he was no were near the convention

And hopefully Karma's is able to leave unscathed.

I also see a future dutch media event where on a table in front of the speaker are all the confiscated items to sway opinion towards more support for the anti MMJ crowd.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Oh man that is fucking bullshit! This is really getting out of hand, like seriously DUTCH cops raiding the HTC?????? ahhhh I really hope everyone gets out ok, and vibes from NY to ADAM.

aod

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
The thing i dont understand is why they would do this to their own economy??

makes no sense,, what are they going to replace the revenue with if people can't go there for the cannabis tourism??

SGS

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
what a fucking load of bollocks, i can't believe it. really really sad news... i hope people just chuck whats more then 5g before they get searched. ah man.....speechless.....

T

Toes.

[youtubeif]<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/mbRLiV47oJ0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/mbRLiV47oJ0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/youtubeif]

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
holy moley
is anyplace safe? this is crazy
seriously tho, if anyone has video, there must b some out there, please post a link!