What's new

Hi Fi's 2010 grow :)

So this is my first ever official grow :) Ive done it a couple of times just screwing around not really caring about what came of it...and nothing ever came of it LOL :(

This time ive dropped 18 random bag seed, 16 of them germed. I placed them in jiffy pellets as soon as germanation had occured. I had originaly planned to grow outdoor but changed my mind after playing around with one of my lamps and my wardrobe haha they are currently in my cupboard which is aprox 3m by 1 m but have made a section that is about 1m x 70 cm and about 1.5 mieters high. I have 1 light on them, a 26 watt fluro that is about 10 - 15cm away from the plants. I plan to get antoher light on them tomorrow :) I have them all in 16 ounce cups, 6 of the cups have 2 seeds in them as i didnt have enough to have them all in one of there own.I decided to keep them inside to veg and then in a month or 2 will put them outside :)

I have used seed raising soil mixed with some slow release nutes, not sure if its the best stuff to use but seems to be goin ok :) im using half strength seasol mixture as well.
All trial and error I guess, especially with my first proper grow.

I have some photos of them from germing to what they are now. Hopefully they stay healthy and stuff, any info you wanna give or whatever will be greatly appreciated :) will have more pics up in a week or so :)

HiFi xo

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
yay your first logged grow :)

think you need to get 50 posts b4 it will let you post pics babe :) I have seen the pics and you are off to a great start... :)

Kangativa

Veteran
So this is my first ever official grow :) Ive done it a couple of times just screwing around not really caring about what came of it...and nothing ever came of it LOL :(

This time ive dropped 18 random bag seed, 16 of them germed. I placed them in jiffy pellets as soon as germanation had occured. I had originaly planned to grow outdoor but changed my mind after playing around with one of my lamps and my wardrobe haha they are currently in my cupboard which is aprox 3m by 1 m but have made a section that is about 1m x 70 cm and about 1.5 mieters high. I have 1 light on them, a 26 watt fluro that is about 10 - 15cm away from the plants. I plan to get antoher light on them tomorrow :) I have them all in 16 ounce cups, 6 of the cups have 2 seeds in them as i didnt have enough to have them all in one of there own.I decided to keep them inside to veg and then in a month or 2 will put them outside :)

I have used seed raising soil mixed with some slow release nutes, not sure if its the best stuff to use but seems to be goin ok :) im using half strength seasol mixture as well.
All trial and error I guess, especially with my first proper grow.

I have some photos of them from germing to what they are now. Hopefully they stay healthy and stuff, any info you wanna give or whatever will be greatly appreciated :) will have more pics up in a week or so :)

HiFi xo

Good luck Hi Fi.....Yes you need to get those 50 post's up....its no fun without the pics.
Lol....so many grows to watch this summer, Ill never get off the comp:)

aww yeah i only realised i couldnt do pics till after i posted it ... DAMMIT *shakes fist* will just have to post post post till i get to 50 :)

thanks for ya support

hifi

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
My only advice would be to clone everything when you can. Then sort out who are the girls, get some mums going for future grows unless of course you want a male for breeding. I haven't done seeds for about 8 years and would probably struggle but I can clone. Best of luck in your new venture Hi Fi.

thanks mate :) just figured it out :jump:

not very exciting... but I got a bit excited when they started to actually work lol still small but im sure i can turn them into something awesom :dance013:

will update soon once they get a bit bigger

:wave:

Attachments

• chemo sensistar adam cadmon 040res
    chemo sensistar adam cadmon 040res
    76.3 KB · Views: 20
  • SAM_0282.JPG
    SAM_0282.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_0293.JPG
    SAM_0293.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_0284.JPG
    SAM_0284.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 12
i was actually wondering if you guys could help...

ive noticed that the leaves on a few of my seedlings are very droopy. Is this normal or am i doin something wrong??

thanks in advance :)

:whistling: But i didnt over water them :whistling: hehe

nah that makes sence cos when i checked em today the bottom of the cups were sitting in water.

hopefully they get better :)

thanks squiggles

My only advice would be to clone everything when you can. Then sort out who are the girls, get some mums going for future grows unless of course you want a male for breeding. I haven't done seeds for about 8 years and would probably struggle but I can clone. Best of luck in your new venture Hi Fi.

thanks High Country

will def be cloning if all goes well and it would be awesom if i could keep doin it from cloning and not have to grow from seed. its annoying tho cos this was just random bag seed so i have no idea what strains they are or anything D'OH :(

Squiggles

thanks High Country
will def be cloning if all goes well and it would be awesom if i could keep doin it from cloning and not have to grow from seed. its annoying tho cos this was just random bag seed so i have no idea what strains they are or anything D'OH :(

Hehe some of my best plants have been unknown bagseed
i wouldnt let it annoy me its fun growing an unknown the whole grow
is like an adventure

ive got my fingers crossed for you HiFi

High Country

Veteran
Pick em up every couple of days, if they feel light water them, that's what I do with my mums. If they are over saturated there is no O2 getting in to the roots. They will stagnate and rot. In every grow method O2 is vital. You will be surprised how they power along with a bit of neglect.

High Country

Veteran
thanks High Country

My strain was bagseed and I've managed to maintain it for 8 years. A full on indica pheno. Despite the odd spider mite attack it is very reliable, clones very easily, no hermie tendencies at all, a full on hash plant. I've tried NL#5 x Haze and others but this is my keeper, bagseed.

Hehe some of my best plants have been unknown bagseed
i wouldnt let it annoy me its fun growing an unknown the whole grow
is like an adventure

ive got my fingers crossed for you HiFi

nawww thanks squiggles :D

And High Country thats what Shroomy said, but i may have let it go in one ear and out the other lol my bad!!!

Helloooo :wave: So here are some updated pics of my babies.
Due the the plants stretching in the small beer cups I had them in, I put them in a bigger pot that was deeper. I will have to look for single pots to put them in this week some time.

They look like there doin well! Apart from the biggest one in the middle, one of its lower leaves is goin yellow on the tip. Shroomy says its fine so I shall trust him. :bump:

Cheers :gday:

Attachments

• SAM_0378.JPG
    SAM_0378.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_0379.JPG
    SAM_0379.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_0384.JPG
    SAM_0384.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 18
Just letting you guys know that im planting 4 of these babies outdoors in bout a week. So far so good, there looking really healthy :jump:

The 4 left in the pot, I am keeping under the light for a little longer. Just untill they get a bit bigger. Some of them look really weird... really deformed leaves, but there still kickin along :D

The others in the beer cups are Shroomy's Fairylights, just gettin started on those but should be good. They have really weird root growth, im sure shroomy will make a thread or something about it.

Anyways catchya laterzz :wave:

Attachments

• SAM_0445.JPG
    SAM_0445.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_0444.JPG
    SAM_0444.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 12
  • My Choices
    My Choices
    116.7 KB · Views: 25
  • SAM_0439.JPG