What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hi fellow UK gardeners

G

Are you working outdoor Sal?

Not out door per se but in a garage which is outdoor brick built.

It goes very well for 8 to 9 months of the year but I take a break in winter plus I don't believe in additional heating during the winter months like now.

I can get a couple of weeks headstart by getting seeds going indoors and I'm pretty much at that point now then come March they'll be ready for the tent in the garage.

Just waiting on the snow to clear and get tempson the upward curve then all systems go.

TheDarkStorm

The snow is a pain in the back side right now...I think these temperatures are expected next week too. I once done a grow in someones bare attic....the temperatures were down to minus 10-15 during heavy flowering....dont know how but still managed too pull it off....bit of a reduced yield but still passable...not too much of a fan of very cold temperatures but I guess its one of the unfortunate things we have to deal with over these ways.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Sounds like I'm somewhere between you. It's -2 here and I'm getting more P deficient by the hour. I need some 6s in my lounge.

I wonder if indoor&outdoor varieties might stand up to temperatures better. Perhaps some fast versions of popular strains, as most have some auto in them, which I believe is cold climate genetics (I would have to check)

The Critical Sour might not be on the list, but it's an outdoor I keep on through the winter indoors. It's rather nice. The Crit doesn't really show unless you are looking for it. It's a very light green plant and done in 7-8 weeks. Not strong but an unusual flavour

G

Very pleased to get a delivery this morning.

Ethos feminised.

White Wedding RBx (Wedding Cake x Mandarin Cookies x Crescendo)

Big Detroit Energy RBx (Lilac Diesel x Mandarin Cookies x Super Lemon Haze)

Cheezy Poofs R1 (UK Cheese x GG4)

These White Wedding are hard to get in the UK in 5 packs, even the 10 packs appear to be in limited numbers.

Anyone had any experience with these?

G

Far better temps now for us UK growers now in outhouses.

Makes my bones feel better!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
It was amazing how temps jumped 10c in 48 hours. Getting our wind from the south not the beast from the east (that's air from Russia coming over northern europe to us, for these not from here).
Some time in March we will get our first few 'windows wide open' days. Though as farmers we must expect ground frosts as late as May 23rd in the midlands. Unusual as that is.

I only recognise cheese x gg4. That should have a solid outcome.

Cuddles

It was amazing how temps jumped 10c in 48 hours. Getting our wind from the south not the beast from the east (that's air from Russia coming over northern europe to us, for these not from here).
Some time in March we will get our first few 'windows wide open' days. Though as farmers we must expect ground frosts as late as May 23rd in the midlands. Unusual as that is.

I only recognise cheese x gg4. That should have a solid outcome.
same thing here across the channel. I went out for groceries on thursday wearing my warm winter coat and I swear I was sweating on my way home. it was soooo arm! two days earllier we still had snow but on that day it was all but gone and streets and pavements were 99% dry.

kinda nutty. I wonder: if this is what it´s like in february, what will this years April be like?

madalasatori

Veteran
Last week I couldn’t flush the chain after my morning turnout, I looked in the cistern and it was frozen :-O I love the cold but it’s a pita and stressful this week feels like spring is in the air

G

Finally got some beans wet... a soak for 24hrs then into their small pots until they raise their heads hopefully.

I've started - Punch Log (Larry OG x Purple Punch) from Sun Grown Genetics and Cheezy Poofs R1 (UK Cheese x GG4) from Ethos.

Still a bit too cold ideally but too late now to reconsider, the beans are in soak now.

Coeus

friend finished some of the cheezy poofs and loved them said they was better than his paid for seeds so guess he got them as freebies good luck hunting for a pheno:)

G

friend finished some of the cheezy poofs and loved them said they was better than his paid for seeds so guess he got them as freebies good luck hunting for a pheno:)

Hey thanks, that is good to hear about the Cheezy Poofs. Afterall, a UK Cheese x GG4 cross should is good lineage to stand upon.

I wanted 5 plants....

2 of 3 Ethos Cheezy Poofs R1 germed
1 of 2 Ethos White Wedding RBx germed

I usually have an excellent record for germing but 1 of each failed to even crack upon digging them up after 4 days of nothing. Not to worry, I have more Ethos gear for another time. I did notice thick shell casing on all Ethos seeds and I think instead of 24hrs soak, next time it will be a shake around in a sandpaper envelope and a slightly longer soak.

So, 3 out of 5 Ethos seeds cracked and I still needed 2 plants.

Decided to soak 3 Punch Log (Larry OG x Purple Punch (Reversed) and after putting them in small pots, a later they all showed there head.

Wanted 5 plants and now I have 6..........undecided whether to keep all 6 and not keen on 3 different strains but that is what I have to play with as of now.

At the moment I have 3 seedlings about 5 days ahead of the other 3 seedlings which only broke surface yesterday. Still babies :cathug:

G

How many do I need to DM and why need to?

Message who when it can be done here.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Used to be 50 and 2 weeks, but it keeps changing and now, who knows. Watch yourself in pm though. People will want and offer. Never know who people are. Find and choose people who've stood the test of time if you want to play games. Otherwise the knock on the door may not be the postman.

G

Used to be 50 and 2 weeks, but it keeps changing and now, who knows. Watch yourself in pm though. People will want and offer. Never know who people are. Find and choose people who've stood the test of time if you want to play games. Otherwise the knock on the door may not be the postman.

Thanks for that but after looking about and seeing some of nonsense I'm not bothered about staying.

I'm on another thread which is pure delusional and can't believe who the guy thinks he is.

Just a out and out drug dealer who advertises the fact here in his thread. He thinks he is starting a seed bank but when asked he gets all triggered and flustered then the abuse has come now from his sheeple.

This is not for me I'm sorry to say.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I know the thread. The guy who's thread it is is normally a nice guy, the other guy, well let's say that's par for the course. Ignore it man, I promise that's not the norm for this site. I've been here 18 years, I've fallen out with 3 people in that time, and one of them is there. But there's thousands of people here, and its a strange time for the site at the mo. Let things settle down, you'll see a different side to the place. But don't get fixated on drama. If it starts, walk somewhere else rather than trying to be the victor.

G

I know the thread. The guy who's thread it is is normally a nice guy, the other guy, well let's say that's par for the course. Ignore it man, I promise that's not the norm for this site. I've been here 18 years, I've fallen out with 3 people in that time, and one of them is there. But there's thousands of people here, and its a strange time for the site at the mo. Let things settle down, you'll see a different side to the place. But don't get fixated on drama. If it starts, walk somewhere else rather than trying to be the victor.

Nah, I asked genuine questions only to be belittled and abused.

The guy is simply a 40yr old drug dealer who thinks he can talk shit to all. Look at the facts, grow room is a mess and he is full of shit.

I asked something and he shot off on a defensive rant with his sheeple.

He has nothing at all special and is a low life chavvy drug dealer at 40yrs old with Tracky and trainers ffs.

Mind is made up and even more so regarding the knocking on doors as you mentioned. Fuck that, sounds like a place to avoid and I will.

Thanks all the same and greatful for the info.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm not really sure what you were expecting when joining a site for something that's illegal. But if this isn't it, then we all have to be somewhere we feel comfortable. Take care man

G

I'm not really sure what you were expecting when joining a site for something that's illegal. But if this isn't it, then we all have to be somewhere we feel comfortable. Take care man

Thanks for the heads up.

Blazeee

Veteran

Please feel free to address me by name GMT, theres no need to be shy.

You can even tag me GMT with the new update 😊

'Par for the course', thats rich coming from yourself.

Are you still upset after I Pm'd you telling you to fix your attitude up, with regards to you hating on that guy trying to support a sick Dog?

Judging from that thread, I would say you fell out with more than 3 people on that day alone.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/talk-about-it/toker-s-den/377623-please-help-this-dog-in-need

Latest posts

Latest posts