What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HGO's Vertical Coco Run To Waste

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hi guys, I must say I enjoy going over this thread from time to time, the love here is unbeatable. Thank you to all that chimed in and followed along. V2 is currently getting sorted out and I hope to have it all done by Friday week. Got some big plans. The suicide cheese kicks ass, some very very good weed but unfortunately I lost the cut from moving grows and such, I'm gutted because she is a very very nice cut.

For all looking the final weight you can pm me if your still curious, I don't like putting numbers up these days. But I done good, the white mustangs let us down in the yield but the smoke was AAA+

The V2 I'll be working with the following strains...

SSSDH
Chem D cut
Giesel
Dirty Harry
Abusive OG Kush

I know, I know, another damn multi strain grow :spanky: but because I've split from my growing partner and other complicated crap, that's just the way it's going to have to be.

Anyhow, thanks to all for following along, I hope someone learned something. :friends:

HGO

D

DHF

Respect Bro.....Everything I`ve ever seen you run was upfront honesty regardless of the results......

Numbers are sacred in Laylow places like I`ve been in all my life , so no pm`s required my buddy.....

I know you know what you`re doin........Look forward to your next runs HGO.......

Peace...DHF....:ying:......

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HGO - gratsz on the grow I'm sure you did just fine, I found that my 1st run of UK Cheese was VERY surprising in terms of it's yield and potency. I think I am going to try it outdoor next year to see how it runs their.

Again congratulations!

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
DHF and Mega, thank you! The cheese was a kickass yield and hell if I could do it all over again I'd go fully cheese, very very nice smoke and yield, she's a abit viney but came through kicking right to the end. Some silica and a few extra fans, better training, skys the limit.

Thanks again.
HGO

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Ok folks my Vertical Coco V2 is currently getting built, I'm expecting my equipment at the drop tomorrow so I'm hoping to get the room finished by tomorrow night, all depending on what time I get the equipment at.

You can expect some big changes, I'm going with a modified (Ghetto Style) Marlo Screen©, thanks bro, for each plant. I'll start with some topping, lst, and a lil supercropping if needed.

Running 3800w...

SSSDH - 1K
Dirty Harry/Killer Chem - 1K
Chem D - 600w
Giesel - 600w
Abusive OGK - 600w

And I also have, SDIBL, 4SD, and The White S1 to play with too.

I'd like to run the Chem D at 1K but I'm a lil concerned with the TMV or whatever the hell it is, I've been told that it makes the Chem D a lil light sensitive because of the reduced chlorophyll and as we all know with vert growing we get a lot closer to the bulb vs horizontal, but this is my first time running the Chem D cut, what do you Chem D growers think?

It's gonna be a bitch training all these girls, but I've got the time on my hands to do this right, all the cuts are under CFL at the minute and hell that abusive is already stretching like a mofo. I'll be running 6 plants per bulb, run to waste, 3 feeds per day veg and 5 feeds at flower followed by a 2 week flush.

Next grow I want to run 1 strain only so I'll see how the strains perform this run and decide what would work best, but I also have some other cuts that need tested to see how they do...

Pre 98 Bubba Kush
Lonestar's Killer Queen
Chem 4D - Herbs cut
Ghost OGK

So it might be another damn multi strain grow next run but I'll try not to put myself in that position if possible.

Anyhow I'll save all the specifics for the actual thread, just thought I'd keep you all updated.

HGO

bobblehead

Veteran
I think the ChemD grows huge buds next to a 600w lamp... I can only imagine what a 1kw lamp would do... I've never noticed any TMV issues. I don't smoke cigs either...

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Thanks mate, I'd have preferred to run 6 x 600s but I can only fit 5 4x4 trays into the room, that's why I went with the 2 x 1Ks. Yeah the D has some weird thing going on where it doesn't make a lot of chlorophyll, but I've been told that this is reduced big time when the D is looked after properly, I'm very tempted to run her with the 1K.

Do you see any signs at all of TMV on your D mate? I'll get some pics up of my D to show ya what I'm working with.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
your killin' it as always HGO.

Man, you have a sick line-up HGO, ya got me a bit jealous, lol. Good luck with your next grow.

bobblehead

Veteran
I found this on google...
images

and no, I haven't seen this. I just treat her nice, and she grows super vigorous. There's a reason DHF monocropped the D. It's some bomb-ass weed. All around great plant. Just a little finicky...

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Yeah that's what I've got going on too my man, they aren't getting the ventilation that they should in the tent and they are a lil hungry, holding out on them a bit to I get them into their new home then I'll make sure they get everything they need. Pics of my Chem D with it's damn TMV aka whatever the fuck is sucking the life out of my CD...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And just for fun I snapped a pic of the Chem D and Abusive OGK together to show how much the Abusive is stretching, these were the same size when I got 'em, rooted in the same time, this abusive is going to be a full time job I can tell that already but I'll take that challange.

picture.php

She also looks to be a nute hog.

HGO

D

DHF

Bro.....Notice how elongated internodal spacing is with the Abusive from lack of concentrated lumens , not to mention the purple stems showing clear and definite Cal/Mag deficiency....but...

It`s hard ta dial each run with multiple strains , and I know you`re on the path to Nirvana once yas get enough rooms to run each variety in it`s own dialed feed and environment for max gpw`s........

I had the true Clone only Chem D and she showed variegated leaf tendencies every run , but once dialed it didn`t mean dick as far as her yield and performance per cycle went......

Bitch was and is a Cal/ mag whore and will yield her ass off once hooned in , just sux gettin her ta root.....Bitch won`t root fer shit , but I liked her style......Chem 4`s supposedta be the best of all worlds in that lineage for ease of grow and end results..........

Lookin fer good things soon HGO .....Handle it......

Peace....DHF....:ying:......

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
DHF, thanks for chipping in, your knowledge is always welcome here. It's a major pain, the cuts have been vegging for about 10 days, I was meant to have my room built up, and everything in there last week but I had to wait about for equipment that got delayed, it will be here tomorrow all going well. The tent has big plants, medium sized, clones and I only have 1 20Ltr bucket to hand water everything :biglaugh: PITA, not to mention that I have 9 different strains in there. But I fed them all tonight and give them a dose of mag and cal, here's to hoping :friends:

Yeah the AOGK is looking for more nutes, I'm already giving the clones 1.0EC and some of the others strains are getting burned a lil, her stems are bright purple and leaves are light yellow she just looks very hungry. I agree she is stretching big time, I've also got sssdh cuts right beside her (same age) and they are half the size, sssdh is a BIG stretcher so it's got me thinking that maybe I should run the abusive with the 1k because she looks to be a light HOG. But this grow is for #1 Yield so I'm want to put my 2 biggest producing strains around the 1K. Between a rock and a hard place.

I'll keep y'all updated on the Chem D situation, started the cal mag tonight and I'll give it to 'em every watering, she looks very deficient atm. Thanks for the heads up on the Chem #4 I'm expecting her very soon, I think she is the gem that my garden has been missing.

I'm away to 'handle it' :jump:

HGO

bobblehead

Veteran
Ok, so all this talk about the D having TMV got me thinking... if mine really is the clone only ChemD, I should have TMV... and I do! Yeah buddy! ha ha... I've never been so happy t have my plant infected with a virus. You can see the variegation isn't very noticeable on mine, cause I keep her well fed... but she needs a bigger pot, and the stems are all purple from cal/mag issues.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1527.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 21
D

DHF

Once stretch was over , all the weird fan leaves got stripped anyways , and the leaves produced out the nug swellage never had time enough to variegate as far as I ever saw , and I ran that bitch up a flagpole once dialed......

The True D is some serious old school shit.........But if someone figures out howta root her faster , Help the community out cuz she`s worthy of savin IME......

Haven`t run # 4 but want to......Hint hint.....

Maybe she`s as good........Hope so..

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

theherbalizor

Veteran
The key to the chem d is to keep her growing fast. As soon as she starts to slow, infrequent waterings etc she starts to throw up the leaf variegation. I have been running her for ages, always had rooting issues and if nt vegged she performs badly.

Put her in coco on a very regular feed interval and she will grow to show no variegation, she clones in down to 7-8 days. Still slow but not bad. But flower her with drippers and she is really fat. A serious weighty bitch. I have never ran her with added calmag. Not needed ime, but may be my water is hard enough that it contains above normal base rates of cal mag.

You know what c4d cut you have mate?

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Congrats bobble, let a big RC Yeah buddy out for ya bro! :biglaugh: I need to get mine in bigger pots too, I'll move them into 6.5Ltrs when they get transported up to the grow, I think I'll foliar feed the cal mag at the start because it looks like she can handle pretty high amounts and I don't want to burn my plants anymore. I have a bottle of calcium and magnesium, not cal mag in one bottle, I put 1ml/Ltr of each and it brought my 20Ltr bucket up to 1.7EC alone without any other nutes. :jump:

DHF, I'm looking forward to running the D, and everything else. It's gonna be hard work getting everything dialled but it always is with the 'elites'.

Herb, good to see ya mate and thank you for getting your C4D cuts out to the masses, they have somehow magically ended up in my lil Irish garden :biglaugh: Ireland thanks you :D Thanks for info on the Chem D, very useful. When I got the cuts there was no leaf variegation but there is now, I took a look into the tent this morning and already they are looking a bit greener, stem is still purple but that never goes away once it manifests.

I'm going to be feeding 3 times per day, an hour after lights on, an hour before lights off and one in between. Once Flower comes I water 5 times per day. The growth rate with all them feeds is damn incredible, I never got anywhere near the same rate in soil, you can really get a lot of nutes into your girls with drip fed coco, I love it.

Herb I have the large yielding Chem#4 pheno that you dug out, I wasn't sure but I hit up my bro to find out which pheno it was, I was so happy to hear it was the #4 leaning cut, I've read your thread in Rez's forum about 3 times already, I'll test out the cut and see what I think of her if she's as good to me as she is to you then I could see her taking up a lot of the juice in my new room. Any tips, are you still growing her out? I need infos :biglaugh:

Thanks all

HGO

bobblehead

Veteran
Congrats bobble, let a big RC Yeah buddy out for ya bro! :biglaugh: I need to get mine in bigger pots too, I'll move them into 6.5Ltrs when they get transported up to the grow, I think I'll foliar feed the cal mag at the start because it looks like she can handle pretty high amounts and I don't want to burn my plants anymore. I have a bottle of calcium and magnesium, not cal mag in one bottle, I put 1ml/Ltr of each and it brought my 20Ltr bucket up to 1.7EC alone without any other nutes. :jump:

DHF, I'm looking forward to running the D, and everything else. It's gonna be hard work getting everything dialled but it always is with the 'elites'.

Herb, good to see ya mate and thank you for getting your C4D cuts out to the masses, they have somehow magically ended up in my lil Irish garden :biglaugh: Ireland thanks you :D Thanks for info on the Chem D, very useful. When I got the cuts there was no leaf variegation but there is now, I took a look into the tent this morning and already they are looking a bit greener, stem is still purple but that never goes away once it manifests.

I'm going to be feeding 3 times per day, an hour after lights on, an hour before lights off and one in between. Once Flower comes I water 5 times per day. The growth rate with all them feeds is damn incredible, I never got anywhere near the same rate in soil, you can really get a lot of nutes into your girls with drip fed coco, I love it.

Herb I have the large yielding Chem#4 pheno that you dug out, I wasn't sure but I hit up my bro to find out which pheno it was, I was so happy to hear it was the #4 leaning cut, I've read your thread in Rez's forum about 3 times already, I'll test out the cut and see what I think of her if she's as good to me as she is to you then I could see her taking up a lot of the juice in my new room. Any tips, are you still growing her out? I need infos :biglaugh:

Thanks all

HGO

This is just my $0.02... So take it for what it's worth... but... You don't need to feed your plants before lights off. Fred's told me this. At night, humidity rises, right? The plants are expelling CO2, and with it comes some H20 in the form of water vapor. Also moisture being absorbed into the air as the temperature drops... Personally I feed my plants at lights on, and then every 2 hours, and I stop 2 hours before lights off. The plants need fertilizer and light together in combination for photosynthesis. No light= no juice necessary.

Give it a go and I promise you'll be happy.