What's new

Here to Share, Organics Grow Log & Some Art!

X15

Well here’s some X-3 ran from clone. Flowering times seem to be running about a week faster than from seed. Plant height from clone is much more manageable, with plants being shorter by about 10-12 inches. Same bud development just less stretch… much more compact. Veg time was about 2.5-3 weeks from clone root set. (From seed plants got 3 weeks veg time). Out of all the sisters this X-3 is the fastest cloner, sending out roots in 3 days through the top sides and bottom of the cubes. Night temps have not been as cold, as I’d like to know how much temperatures have played into her color change.

ED267180-CBB9-4BC6-B1EF-E07B158B9788.jpeg
FC8A9BD2-4747-4895-954F-FC39724C0C2E.jpeg

X15

Some X-3 coming along nicely. Going to be chopping it a little earlier than the From Seed run, curious to see what her flavors and effects are like with a shorter flowering time.
00CF1BAF-3741-495C-B3D7-E6C65B952E0B.jpeg

Here’s a tomato plant that was a remarkable volunteer. Somehow a seed survived an 7-8 month compost cycle and popped up in one of the pots in the first run of these X projects. It stayed relatively small throughout the whole cycle of veg-flower, growing out the side of the pot… really felt it expressed a sense of Respect towards the cannabis plant it shared a pot with. When I chopped the X I couldn’t bare the idea of killing it and decided to just top dress the pot, clean up some of its foliage and let it do its thing. As the root ball of the X plant slowly decomposed the tomato plant took off! It’s now flowering and seems to be doing good. I’m curious to see what kind of tomatoes it will offer us!
DCFAA094-F85A-4FED-82F0-64A312BF5C52.jpeg

Next to the tomato plant in a fabric pot there is a pepper plant that is pretty small in its stature but has been consistently producing epic peppers. Pretty far from the light it’s doing great for it’s size.
CF9E68B8-3CC6-44F5-A641-B53C95BC50AE.jpeg

X15

I’m into art as well. I’ve been creating mandala designs for a good 20 years now. Here’s one from last weekend. Want to do some full work around it and frame it up. I think I’m going to start posting more of my art here as well for anyone that may be interested.
6E50052D-ADC0-4B51-996E-8C6C59A849C6.jpeg

oldmaninbc

oldmaninbc

Thank you! I suppose some consider it to be a form of mandala art but those ones are not technically traditional mandalas. Kinda why I call it energy art.
I appreciate those kind words. :)
Did an AI search on mandala was surprised by its spiritual nature and it's very old origins. I can see out it would focus attention.

X15

Something I’ve been using for years to help aid in cloning and throughout veg… Lacto Bacillus + phycocyanin. I learned about this through a podcast from Growing With Fishes. It’s a wonderful growth stimulator. So much in fact I stop using it in flower at about week 4-5. After week 4-5 I switch over to standard LABs.
I have tried using it all the way through but it seems to stimulate growth so much that plants don’t want to finish, they just keep building… resulting in flushes of new stigmas.
I use LABs throughout the veg and flowering process because it has proven to prevent powdery mildew, even in uncomfortably high humidity conditions. Dry backs are something I use to control fungus gnats and in combination with this blue LABs plants consistently bounce back stronger.
It’s a great thing for organic soil growing!
E038F2C5-2183-49BF-B3CF-C0735F707B8C.jpeg

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
I am interested in the post X. I'm not familiar with phycocyanin. That podcast sent me down a rabbit hole.
Many articles support adding it to the regimen.

I'm in living soil. Adding phycocyanin seems like a no-brainer.

Something I’ve been using for years to help aid in cloning and throughout veg… Lacto Bacillus + phycocyanin. I learned about this through a podcast from Growing With Fishes. It’s a wonderful growth stimulator. So much in fact I stop using it in flower at about week 4-5. After week 4-5 I switch over to standard LABs.
I have tried using it all the way through but it seems to stimulate growth so much that plants don’t want to finish, they just keep building… resulting in flushes of new stigmas.
I use LABs throughout the veg and flowering process because it has proven to prevent powdery mildew, even in uncomfortably high humidity conditions. Dry backs are something I use to control fungus gnats and in combination with this blue LABs plants consistently bounce back stronger.
It’s a great thing for organic soil growing!
View attachment 18964687

Reactions: X15

X15

I am interested in the post X. I'm not familiar with phycocyanin. That podcast sent me down a rabbit hole.
Many articles support adding it to the regimen.

I'm in living soil. Adding phycocyanin seems like a no-brainer.
It’s really a helpful tool. The phycocyanin, blue color is the result of making the LAB culture with Spirulina. I’ve used spirulina and kelp but use kelp in my soil so feel like I don’t need the extra bits.
Something else it’s helpful with is preventing that green algae growth that cloning cubes.
Do you make LABs @growsjoe1 ? Pretty much the same just gotta mix some spirulina in when you combine the rice wash and milk.
Here’s the culture pre straining.
8BC04395-547B-4BF4-AEDC-1B580F6BBFF0.jpeg