What's new

Here comes the rain

T

ThirstyKenny

Damn! Thanks Sat x RB. I haven't been able to get in contact with him today. According to the news there are still alot of houses without power.

S

Sat X RB

I love a sunburnt country ... a land of sweeping plains ...dum de dum de dum, of fire and flooding rains ... (sorry Ms McKellar).

well made it into my where my babies were,total devastation,there was some serious water that flowed down the gully and my babies were gone,i walked 50 metres down and found 1,still in its pot,laying on the ground,covered in mud,quick wash in the water,a bit of pruning and lets see if she recovers....

Some relief today a few patches that were 4feet under water have survived well. Apart from some mold and a lot of debris i was amazed. Good fencing and stakes works a treat.pics to come they should be a laugh.

T

ThirstyKenny

Damn rustlin', no good at all mate. How big were your wee lasses?

The m.j gods were smilin' on you bushranger. Good stuff mate!

Kangativa

Veteran
Dont know what I have done right, but I got through everything without to much of a prob and my stuff is on the side of creeks, with some actually in a creek bed and apart from a couple leaning over all was perfect.

Wish I could say the same for the people who were so tragically caught up in the devastion, my heart goes out to them and I pray that it is a long time before it ever happens again.

@kenny,they were around 5foot and were just starting to flower but never mind,im going to pop some beans in and will do a late start...as kangativa said,theres plenty of people suffering real problems and hope they get everything sorted soon for them

Terroir

Epic rain event. Been waiting awhile for one like this. As soon as BOM stated El Nino was gone and La Nada was prevalent i knew we would get a good one. Just surprised at how bloody long we all had to wait to get a drink. SHould stay La Nada / weak La Nina all year and with high sea temps off WA should equal above average rainfall for the SE of OZ. Which basically means to me that its going to rain during flowering and be a cracking year for a bush crop next summer.

Very lucky that we only got the rain and not the forecast 50 knot winds like they did up the coast. that would have given the SES a bigger head ache than they got. I was shitting bricks all night waiting for the wind to come. I was at a friends "bush house" surrounded by massive spotted gums. No fun having one of them come down.

On a side note the waves have been pumping in the morning but its been way to big for me. Im not that crazy.

T

ThirstyKenny

Damn this rotten bloody rain!!! So over it!! Tis like we live in Europe or something!! 3 weeks of wet!! ARAGH!!! How you blokes going with it? :)

T

ThirstyKenny

Yeah, according to the wireless, it'll be around these here parts for at least the next couple of days :woohoo:
Must be infuriating for the outdoor growers heading up in this. Sats might handle it ok

N

noyd666

no rain here, what a pisser. bloody hot though fans flat out, one extreme to the next, grow well ye all.

S

Sat X RB

wet here again. not much rain but overcast and very humid.

noticed one of the young ladies who live in the bush hereabouts had some downy mildew. will have to keep an eye on it.

possible 100 mils predicted here.

cheers!

T

ThirstyKenny

Morning Noydy,Satty.

Whats a wickeup mate. Was gonna bluff my way through but dunno what it is lol :D

Yep keep an eye on it bro. Tends to bloody spread, the shit. Lost a lot in the past outside to mould when growing a bit further down south. My suggestion is to chop the affected area out. Got onto an affi the other day, but got it early and only lost about a gr thank goodness

Latest posts

Latest posts