What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HempKat & The Insane Clone Posse

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Thanks JJ and GB, I hope they harvest as great or greater we'll know in about 3 weeks though :D

HempKat

Veteran
Okay here we are at week 5. Everything is running pretty smoothly, the buds are developing thier triches. They are also fixing to go into the final stage when the buds really swell. During this time I like to drop the humidity a bit to encourage trich production. This change is reflected in my temp/humidity pic.

9652C-99-Clones-Week-5-Growroom1.jpg

9652C-99-Clones-Week-5-Growroom2.jpg

9652C-99-Clones-Week-5-Growroom3.jpg

Below are some bud shots, the first three of the smaller bud shot pics are of the 3 clones I added in there just before going 12/12. I also want to apologize but the picture quality is up to my usual standars. I was being lazy and didn't have good light in there.

9652C-99-Clones-Week-5-Budshots5.jpg

D

dre86

:wave: Seems like you're in for a BOMB harvest :yoinks:
Some nice trich shots too, looks really :yummy:
What pots you use, how much liters?
I'm growing c99 too soon so ya, following this! Better late then never! :lurk:

HempKat

Veteran
dre86 said:
:wave: Seems like you're in for a BOMB harvest :yoinks:
Some nice trich shots too, looks really :yummy:
What pots you use, how much liters?
I'm growing c99 too soon so ya, following this! Better late then never! :lurk:

Well I'm not sure what size the pots I finish in are exactly but the ones I start seeds or clones in is one gallon. After about a month I upgrade from a 1 gallon pot to a 3 gallon pot. Then just before flower I transplant to my finishing pots which I know are around 5 gallons or more.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Well it's that tip of the season...

Well it's that tip of the season...

Okay folks, it's that time of the harvest season when the insanity kicks into high gear with the buds budding and the triches triching. This means for you the stone viewer more delicious bud and trich shots then just the once a week drill.

So with no further ado, it is my pleasure, to introduce you all, to Day 38.

HempKat

Veteran
Okay first off I need to clear up something, the last update I reported as week 5 and then there's pics a few days later that are listed as being day 38. A short while ago I was out of town a few days and I guess in getting ready for that and then being gone, I somehow missed an update. So what was listed as week 5 is actually week 6 and what is listed as day 38 is actually day 45. Sorry for any confusion.

Okay now that that's cleared up lets move on to the week 7 update. The buds are in their final fattening up stage and at the rate they are going I am projecting they'll harvest in a week to 10 days. If it takes till then that will mean these plants took as long as the from seed plants to mature. This is a bit of a bummer as I had always heard that clones reach harvest quicker. No big deal though as it's usually only a week or so less and what's a week when at the end you get a bunch of great ganja? :D

Anyway, on to the pics:

9652C-99-Clones-Week-7-Growroom1.jpg

Above the overall grow area and below the temp/humidity. Not the slightly cooler temps and lower humidity, I lower these intentionally during the last few weeks before harvest to help encourage trich production.

9652C-99-Clones-Week-7-Growroom2.jpg

Below are just random views of the grow room at different angles.

HempKat

Veteran
Okay now this week, since the last trichshots were just a few days ago, and since I'll likely be taking more tichshots during the week to judge ripeness, I won't be posting trich shots in this particular update. I do have a nice selection of budshots though, for your viewing pleasure. :smile:

dc105

ICMag Donor
Keep that shit up hemp cat and I'm gonna have to nominate one of yours for pic of the month! Very impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HempKat

Veteran
dc105 said:
Keep that shit up hemp cat and I'm gonna have to nominate one of yours for pic of the month! Very impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, but once I harvest I can't keep it up as I have to tear down my grow room in preparation for selling my house and moving. So after this crop which harvests in a week or so it will be nothing until next spring most likely.

Then again, I'm not in it for the nominations, they're just a bonus. :D

WeedTime

HempKat your plants looks amazing. and you takes great shots.

How do you grow them ? (nutes etc.) those organic buds ?
What is your camera and how do you take orange clear photos from HPS light ?

I really enjoy.
peace

HempKat

Veteran
WeedTime said:
HempKat your plants looks amazing. and you takes great shots.

How do you grow them ? (nutes etc.) those organic buds ?
What is your camera and how do you take orange clear photos from HPS light ?

I really enjoy.
peace

Well first of all those are taken with the lights out, I catch them right at lights out for a few minute photo shoot. I spot light the buds with an LED flashlight and the camera and it's flash does the rest. The camera is a Nikon CoolPix 4800 which is a 4MP camera although they are getting a bit dated and may not be around anymore. Of course hopefully that means even better one's are out now.

I grow them in soil, this round has been organic using the pureblend pro line but I'm currently in a long running test of different nutes so haven't settle on a particular one. PureBlend Pro is okay but I kind of hoped for more with the price you pay. I also supplemented with superthrive in veg especially at transplant and I also supplement with blackstrap molassess and Liquid Karma for the bio-herd. The soil is nothing special Expert Gardener Perfect Potting Mix found all over especially at Walmart for around $7-$9 for 2 cubic feet. It's just a basic enriched potting soil. I mix that with about 20% perlite and 2 tablespoons of dolomite lime per gallon of potting mix.

The are grown in a 5'x4'x8' area in an air-conditioned humidity controlled room lined with mylar. The 1000W light is air cooled to some degree (not a sealed light) and sits approximately 18 to 24" above the canopy. These particular plants are clones from mothers grown from seed. They were slow vegged for two months under an array of 320W of fluoros (4 shop lights each with 2 40W T-8 fluoros. They were then vegged for another 3 weeks under the 1000W after they were transplanted to 5+ gallon pots first. They are now in their 7th week of 12/12 and should harvest very soon.