What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HempKat & The Insane Clone Posse

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
nice lookin' grinder you have there HK. i'd like to see if you can make cleaner hash with it by just using it normally for a while? do you know what screen sizes you have there? the stash boxes with multiple screens make amazingly clean hash.

did you organize a bubble run yet?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
gaiusmarius said:
nice lookin' grinder you have there HK. i'd like to see if you can make cleaner hash with it by just using it normally for a while? do you know what screen sizes you have there? the stash boxes with multiple screens make amazingly clean hash.

did you organize a bubble run yet?

Well I just got done making a nice chunk out of stuff I helped thru there which means more plant matter or less clean. My next goal is to do like you say and just use it normally and not even worry about those lower areas and let things accumulate more naturally. Alas no I do not know the screen sizes they appear the same though. As for a bubble run no, not yet. Pretty much everything is on hold for the next 10 days while my in-laws visit. :smile:

Sleepy

Veteran
HempKat said:
If I can't find a home brewing supplier where would I find 220u screen?
...hiya, hempkat!!

if you are still looking...
dickblick.com or an online art supply store should have any size screen you might need...any silkscreen supply house will have it.dickblick.com

...once the in-laws leave town, that is! :pointlaug

HempKat

Veteran
Sleepy said:
...hiya, hempkat!!

if you are still looking...
dickblick.com or an online art supply store should have any size screen you might need...any silkscreen supply house will have it.dickblick.com

...once the in-laws leave town, that is! :pointlaug

Cool, thanks sleepy. :yes:

HempKat

Veteran
Well as I said, I just got done yesterday making a chunk of what I'm calling Grinder Hash. Here are some pics.

The first pic is to give you an idea of the size. Alas I don't have a weight as I don't have a scale good for doing accurate small weights. The size therefore was determined by what I used as a mold to shape it. Basically I just took the resin I gathered from the grinder, poured it into a small metal tube. Then I packed it down as firm as I could get it. I simply kept doing this until the tube was packed full and then I just pushed the hash out.

9652grinderhash1.jpg

A closer view of the hash

9652grinderhash2.jpg

A view from an different angle.

9652grinderhash3.jpg

Here is the new has next to a similar chunk of scissor hash I made. This helps give you a feel for it's purity. Which going by appearences alone seems about the same as scissor hash which of course means it's not extremely clean.

9652grinderhash4.jpg

GrassRoots

I just went through the grow and I've got to say....F'ING AWESOME! I've got one of your macros as my desktop background. I'm currently working on setting up my first closet grow and your grow is truley inspirational. Thanks for your contribution to the site and I hope we get to see more of your work!

GrassRoots

HempKat

Veteran
GrassRoots said:
I just went through the grow and I've got to say....F'ING AWESOME! I've got one of your macros as my desktop background. I'm currently working on setting up my first closet grow and your grow is truley inspirational. Thanks for your contribution to the site and I hope we get to see more of your work!

GrassRoots

Well thank you kindly :smile:

P

PersonalSmoke

Just curious Hempkat, whatwas the final yield? Great grow and awesome looking buds. You have done what I hope to do in the future. Props to you sir.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to HempKat again.

HempKat

Veteran
PersonalSmoke said:
Just curious Hempkat, whatwas the final yield? Great grow and awesome looking buds. You have done what I hope to do in the future. Props to you sir.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to HempKat again.

Well the yield was rather disappointing for 13 plants, I yielded just over 1 pound of dried, cured, manicured bud. Which is still fine for me but I was expecting about twice what I got. I did have some heat issue at a crucial point during that really warm spell we had in Jan. or Feb. That kind of hurt because alot of leaf was lost.

I'm confident you'll have no problems duplicating or exceeding what I've done. Sometimes with the way we growers are always tweaking things we make this all seem harder then it really is. The plant does all the work we just have to water and feed it. :smile:

HempKat

Veteran
twiztidbudsmoke said:
insane clone posse? lol, dude you crack me up. killer budshots though

I know, it was a long night, and I was struggling to come up with a title :) Glad you liked the pics though :yes:

G

guest5703

i have the same grinder....you can buy them at any gas station haha. Its really a good grinder for grinding. Not for keifing your buds. Get a keif box bro, you have way too much good resin to put it in that grinder! Great grow BTW. PEACE!

HempKat

Veteran
caligreen said:
i have the same grinder....you can buy them at any gas station haha. Its really a good grinder for grinding. Not for keifing your buds. Get a keif box bro, you have way too much good resin to put it in that grinder! Great grow BTW. PEACE!

Oh that's old news, since then I've moved on to a silk screen and hash press. but thanks just the same :yes:

Mr.Kade

WOW!
I dont know what to say. Thats gotta be my favorite grow log i've read yet!
amazing!!! And those are the clearest trichome shots i've seen yet 2!
Very informative.

Anyway i think im of to bed, i just stayd up all night reading this front 2 back.
LOL, my eyes feel like there gonna fall out of my head soon,LOL

Oh ya , almost forgot, how did you water those things? Do you have some kind of watering wand or did u have to take them out of the grow area one by one, cuz thats one thick jungel of Ganj.

HempKat

Veteran
Mr.Kade said:
WOW!
I dont know what to say. Thats gotta be my favorite grow log i've read yet!
amazing!!! And those are the clearest trichome shots i've seen yet 2!
Very informative.

Anyway i think im of to bed, i just stayd up all night reading this front 2 back.
LOL, my eyes feel like there gonna fall out of my head soon,LOL

Oh ya , almost forgot, how did you water those things? Do you have some kind of watering wand or did u have to take them out of the grow area one by one, cuz thats one thick jungel of Ganj.

Sorry I missed this one from when you posted it. It may look like it's thick in there and needs a watering wand, and one may have helped. Alas where my grow is isn't convenient to any water spigots. I need to find one with a pump attached that can be dropped into a large container of water. Anyway as thick as it looks I was actually able to reach the furthest plants by moving one plant in the front and stetching my arm out as far as I could.

Thanks for the compliments on the thread and the pics and all. I try to keep it fun, informal and yet informative. This was an old grow from last year. Hopefully in the next week or so I'll start a new one, with different strains of course.

Latest posts

Latest posts