What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Helpful Answers and Thread Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok yes I guess Kharmagirl has expliained it all as I have gotten a lot of neutral rep lately! I guess the thumbs system is neutral rep then? yes I ALways knew there was a genius in me somewhere! :D I guess that is for the best then. ok cool
peace

rojo I too am on a hill, and did you get a certain someone yet? yeah I am sick of those threads too and that is an understatement.

ColBatGuano

Neutral rep you get from people who are still too new to effectively give out reputation either way. Probably people under fifty posts, or something like that. Helpful thread ratings from people who can give rep are worth two points. (I just figured that out tonight when my rep went up two points for a helpful post rating.)

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Neutral rep you get from people who are still too new to effectively give out reputation either way. Probably people under fifty posts, or something like that. Helpful thread ratings from people who can give rep are worth two points. (I just figured that out tonight when my rep went up two points for a helpful post rating.)

New members sure give you neutral rep.
Points you get after someone gave you a thumb up,depend on how many experience that member has.
I read somewhere about 1\4 point for every thumb.....but if a member don't have at least 4 point to give out normally,it wont leave you points trough ''thumbs system''.

R

Rysam

I thought this new thumbs up and down feature was a way to express approval or disapproval with a post WITHOUT giving positive or negative rep. So I have been busy giving out both thumbs up and thumbs down to many posts. Now I had 2 people rate one of my posts. One gave a thumbs up, and I got pos rep, and the other thumbs down and I got neg rep. I did not realize that this would happen and maybe they did not either.

If this worked independent of the rep system and did not result in rep changes, I thought it would be highly useful to express whether you think a post is a good one or not. But if it does result in rep changes, what is the point? That's what the rep system is for!
thanks for hearing me out.
peace

I too though it didnt affect rep.I disagreed with 2 posts today and have been called everything but a nice guy(by both parties) for it.
A simple thumbs down for what I feel is poor advice is worth getting insulted?

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I too though it didnt affect rep.I disagreed with 2 posts today and have been called everything but a nice guy(by both parties) for it.
A simple thumbs down for what I feel is poor advice is worth getting insulted?

If you have a certain amount of rep yourself your ratings carry some rep with them, positive or negative, depending on how you rate. If a post is unhelpful, rate it as such.

Sure, people will get pissy about a post of theirs getting a negative rating, but the thumbs up/down system is about rating the content of the post. If you feel bad about it, give them some rep to make up for it... bud bad info should be labeled as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts