What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Helpful Answers and Thread Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont like the red thumb carrying the same -k as the reputation system. But then again I sure do like the + K I have got today from the green thumb.

So I guess I dont know what the fuck I want.:dunno:

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
i didnt like IC's new revamp, with the new color and logo, but i got used to it
give it a few weeks you wont even notice the thumbs.. except maybe for the notification thing, that part does kinda suck major ballsac

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I could do without the SPAM notifications too. That's kind of annoying.

My 2 Peanuts. Compliments from the Gallery.

Peanuts_1961_19083634_0_0_7005677_300.jpg

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it should go towards experience points, but not add rep imo..

This is true. I agree with you.It should be no linked to rep imo too...

or maybe set the max daily use of the system to 10 but calculating rep system use togheder.So I can give maximum of ten (green or red thumbs) and rep per day.calculated togheder.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
After using this feature yesterday for what I thought was some harmless post rating, I got a PM from a angry member who said that he got NEG rep from me, I told him he was misunderstanding, you have to be a real jerk to get neg rep from me. But he confirmed that he got neg rep. I attempted to go and give him positive rep to fix it, and usre enough it said I had already given rep!

Is there a way to not participate in this post rating thing, I'm not interested in giving or receiving it, the reputation system works just fine for that.

G

guest5703

been waiting for this addition, I have seen it on a few other sites already. I think it will be a very good tool to use against those damn trolls!

I honestly think though, that we should stick to either the rating system, or the thumbs up/down. Why not use them together?? New members would have a hard time finding out where the ratings button is, the thumbs up is easy to spot.

How bout just the thumbs up/down button, but if you give a up/down you get a chance to explain why through a comment like the ratings system....This could be much more clear to use for new members and everyone in general I bet.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But without the user, there would be no post. :dunno:
i more meant its to help pick out a post that has info people have found useful,if someone want to add rep to that user later they should,for example,I put up a post on my DIY flower box that contained perhaps useful info,something of that nature should get a thumbs up as a useful post,but i got just as many points for post that were only entertaining,not truly useful,aside from laughter being a good thing. The thumbs up should be like a highlighter to help pick out the good stuff

Thumbs down results in negative rep?

Thumbs down results in negative rep?

I thought this new thumbs up and down feature was a way to express approval or disapproval with a post WITHOUT giving positive or negative rep. So I have been busy giving out both thumbs up and thumbs down to many posts. Now I had 2 people rate one of my posts. One gave a thumbs up, and I got pos rep, and the other thumbs down and I got neg rep. I did not realize that this would happen and maybe they did not either.

If this worked independent of the rep system and did not result in rep changes, I thought it would be highly useful to express whether you think a post is a good one or not. But if it does result in rep changes, what is the point? That's what the rep system is for!
thanks for hearing me out.
peace

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G'day i think there might be a problem with this ATM it says in the comments Helpful answer Positive Rating but it gives you negative rep

Hopefully Skip will be able to fix the mistakes

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just found out the negative rep is red, the rep i got was black

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
its probably from a new member... i have a crapload of 'neutral' rep from a banned/deleted member :joint:

ArcticBlast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts