What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help with picking an auto for outdoors?

rocket high

Veteran
Some real good advice here rocket , i had a problem with autos a couple of yrs ago (mini phenos) & was advised to plant seed direct into 10lt pots . Something i`ve never done b4 so used a gallon plastic bottle with bottom cut off over the seed & it worked fine next time .
Your fort looks so obvious stuck out there on the hill , would camo netting be an option ? & 2 or 3 pieces of kitchen paper taped over a toch will help keep any light from being seen (old poachers trick) or better still red plastic filter .

Wish you a good safe grow & when you put your feet up with a nice rolled fat one you will smile .

Stay green .

hi mjbadger
i thought about camo netting but it blocks too much light and is quite expensive for what it is . what do you mean light getting seen..do you mean refection's off the netting or something?

There's also a ring of barbed wire all the way round the fort about 5 meters out so any body that wants to get by the bog will have a nasty surprise waiting for them lol should hurt them real good :YaRight:

as for the 10 litre tubs yep i made a mistake it's my first soil -auto-real outdoor grow ...but next year will be better
lesson's have been learnt ;)

Hi, I am subscribed to your thread now. I waiting on autoflower seeds as we speak (type). Good job. I love the Rottweiler. I just lost mine to old age. He was 11. He was a good boy and never ONCE did someone EVER attempt to get onto my property uninvited. By the way, that sure is beautiful county where your at. Got many red headed ladies up there?

rocket high

Veteran
Hi, I am subscribed to your thread now. I waiting on autoflower seeds as we speak (type). Good job. I love the Rottweiler. I just lost mine to old age. He was 11. He was a good boy and never ONCE did someone EVER attempt to get onto my property uninvited. By the way, that sure is beautiful county where your at. Got many red headed ladies up there?

hi texasMonster:wave: good to see you want to follow this thread

That rottie's not mine but my helper's... she's lovely dog but her head is full of fun..... she's only a year old would you believe
sorry to hear about yours man :(

Got many red headed ladies up there?
no man that's a stereo type just like we all wear kilt's lol

what auto's you got going texas
icon14.gif

hi texasMonster:wave: good to see you want to follow this thread

That rottie's not mine but my helper's... she's lovely dog but her head is full of fun..... she's only a year old would you believe
sorry to hear about yours man :(

no man that's a stereo type just like we all wear kilt's lol

what auto's you got going texas
icon14.gif

I am waiting on Russian Rocket Fuel. I am going to do a large seed run on them and then I will probably go after a blue auto. Why couldnt you have just lied to me about the redheads? I was doing just fine going through life thinking there was a place on this planet that just had an over abundance of redheads. Now I am sad. Must go roll one. :tiphat:

rocket high

Veteran
. Why couldnt you have just lied to me about the redheads? I was doing just fine going through life thinking there was a place on this planet that just had an over abundance of redheads.
lmao tex i'll go gently on you next time lol:biggrin:lol

im going to do some russian rocket fuel next year outside.. they look the bomb ...with a good yield too boot so i hear;) good luck with the grow :tiphat:
when ya get them mind send me a message when you start them ;)

lmao tex i'll go gently on you next time lol:biggrin:lol

im going to do some russian rocket fuel next year outside.. they look the bomb ...with a good yield too boot so i hear;) good luck with the grow :tiphat:
when ya get them mind send me a message when you start them ;)
I will, it normally takes 8 to 10 days to get the seed. It wont be long now.

good man cant wait to see your thread ...;) is it indoor your doing or the great outdoors :)
I will be doing a seed run first outdoors. Then I will be doing a non seed run outdoors hopefully with 50 or more plants. Then as it cools down here I will play with growing some indoors.

rocket high

Veteran
i made a mistake in buying fem'd auto's so i can't breed this year but next year i want hundered's of seed's because the price of auto's is nothing short of robbery as you might know ... yep it's warm over here too so i'll start my indoor in september but not with auto's they dont yield enuff for a indoor grow ..so im doing blue mystic's :)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it is nice when you have your own seed to grow, the fact that ou can make so many on such a small part of the plant means you can sow them out without worrying too much if half get eaten. if you buy them you have to either make a mother and clones or protect each seedling as well as you can. i'm sort of thinking about popping some of my indoor (sdxcj)xtop44 which should be a fast flowering cross and then chose a male to pollinate some lower branches of my favorite pheno of the fd or which ever fd ladies are still growing all get 1 lowest branch pollinated. that will make me a hundred or more seeds from each plant so next year can really be interesting. but we will see if that plan works out in the end. for outdoor guerrilla growing, seeds definitely have their uses.

it is nice when you have your own seed to grow, the fact that ou can make so many on such a small part of the plant means you can sow them out without worrying too much if half get eaten. if you buy them you have to either make a mother and clones or protect each seedling as well as you can. i'm sort of thinking about popping some of my indoor (sdxcj)xtop44 which should be a fast flowering cross and then chose a male to pollinate some lower branches of my favorite pheno of the fd or which ever fd ladies are still growing all get 1 lowest branch pollinated. that will make me a hundred or more seeds from each plant so next year can really be interesting. but we will see if that plan works out in the end. for outdoor guerrilla growing, seeds definitely have their uses.

Does guerrilla growing mean growing on someone else's property? Is else's even a word?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yes it could be on some one's land, but mostly private land around here is being used, so no use for growing, also trespassing can get you shot, so not advisable really. public forests are ideal though. but sure if i find some field not being used looking abandoned enough that i have some hope of getting the plants through to harvest then i might well stick a few plants on it. couldn't resist a spot with all day sun like an open field.

edited to add: else seems ok but else's is being highlighted as wrong by the spell check, don't really see why, it's just the grammatically correct way of saying it in your sentence. but i'm no expert in english.

rocket high

Veteran
i always say "dont shit on your own door step" that's why i wouldn't put them in my back yard ...your really asking for it that way ;)
mine's are on marshland with the odd hill here and there ..nobody wants to go there and get ther feet wet lol
better safe than sorry i say ;)

i always say "dont shit on your own door step" that's why i wouldn't put them in my back yard ...your really asking for it that way ;)
mine's are on marshland with the odd hill here and there ..nobody wants to go there and get ther feet wet lol
better safe than sorry i say ;)

I agree with you for the most part. I was just wondering what that 'guerrilla grow' meant.

rocket high

Veteran
the same as guerilla warfare but with weed.... sculking about at night with nute's and water etc to give to the girl's making sure nobody see's ya ...is the best i can describe it ;)

the same as guerilla warfare but with weed.... sculking about at night with nute's and water etc to give to the girl's making sure nobody see's ya ...is the best i can describe it ;)

Allright, I get it. Yeah, around here, skulking around at night on private property is a big no no. I could see where you could make it happen somewhere though I guess if one was determined. That is if anybody actually grew grass and of course we all know that nobody really does, ¿right? :bigeye:

rocket high

Veteran
day 38 in the pen

a weird day to say the least
i'll start with the journey-i had to cross a road that's usually quiet ..but not today i jumped out the bushes strait into a cop car crawling up the road that got me para big time but i let them get away a bit before sneaking into the marsh but they did look at me funny ..but i look like a rambler so they didn't stop thank god :biggrin:
On the way back i stepped on something that flexed so i scraped the moss back and was freaked out when it turned out to be a old school union jack sign made of metal the weird thing is it's the middle of nowhere a bit creepy i must say !! here's a pic and a motocross bike nearly killed me ..damn idiot

anyway the girl's look real good at the moment ;) the salt idea deffo works ,got a slug on it "dead meat now"
and i finnished the res and wick idea i covered the res with green bags to camo it and used 5mm para cord for the wick's but it doesn't soak enuff water DAMN, im going to fix it next week with strip's of capillary matting as wicks ..here's the pic's.
picture.php

rocket high

Veteran
no man ...that road is two miles from the girl's they have no chance in finding it unless they have a chopper ..and they dont want to get their shiney shoe's dirty hunting for me lol

no man ...that road is two miles from the girl's they have no chance in finding it unless they have a chopper ..and they dont want to get their shiney shoe's dirty hunting for me lol
Oh, alright. I had to look up what you meant by "Union Jack" sign. I never knew yall called that Union Jack. Interesting. Well, keep us informed about your plants. I ordered some Short Stuff Onyx seeds yesterday (along with some Master Kush)