What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help with picking an auto for outdoors?

rocket high

Veteran
hi guys i need help picking a auto\f strain thats going outdoors in scotland so they need to be mold resistant if possible ... what do you guys think :tiphat:

SunTzu

I dont know much about AF's yet. I am diving into them myself recently but I have read that there are two types out there being bred. One is the cross with Ruderelis starin so that the mature due to abe as opposed to light change or photoperiod. Second type is a indica/sativa hybrid (?) which is selected for it fast maturing rate in relation to light change. I think one strain is called Tundra or something. You have to do a little hunting online to find exactly the strain. They say that th second type is a large plant in th AF world.

rocket high

Veteran
thanks guys for the input the ak-47 sounds good but the guy at my local head shop says they sell out as soon as he gets them in ..so i'll keep my eye out for more on the net me-thinks.... so tundra's not got ruderalis in it ... i didnt know that.... you learn smthing every day huh

rocket high

Veteran
scotlands notorious for its damp weather so mold resistance is of upmost importance .... but ive not heard of a mold resistant auto yet ... for some reason ...but there is deffo a market for it :)

Muddy

Even though I'm in the south we had a very rainy season last year. I grew Diesel Ryder, Hindu Kush, AK47 x Blueberry, Himalayan Blue Diesel, White Russian, Pakistani Ryder and Mi5, all outdoors, and had no mold issues with any of them.

rocket high

Veteran
The reason i ask of mold resisance is because of a failed attempt a few years ago with DP's passion #1 ... it was almost grey at the end of august ... it pissed me off .... it rains all the time up here- there was SNOW two days ago now how mad is that .
Thank god ive not put them out yet... but that's impessive muddy to get all them to finish with no hassle .. i might emigrate to spain lol :)

Muddy

The rains did effect my yields. I had planned on using liquid nutes and the pots stayed so wet from all the rain that I couldn't feed as often as I wanted. It's not supposed to be so rainy this year but as a precaution I'm adding blood meal for veg and bone meal for flowering into my soil mix.

If you can place your plants somewhere where they will be exposed to wind that will help keep them dry and reduce the chance of mold.

Stdane

If it's not a guerilla grow some straws would be good to place under the plants to prevent the evaporation hits the buds.....I come from a similar climate and I have heard lots of good thing about Sour 60 and Double Diesel ryder...2 strains I very much would like to try myself.

rocket high

Veteran
oh dear i was planning to use liquid nutes myself ... looks like that might change now ive read that muddy ... well at least it's as windy as hell at my new site so hopfully no mold :)

Bighill

I'm adding blood meal for veg and bone meal for flowering into my soil mix.

I've had critters dig up my beds that had the bone meal. I don't use it in my deep country grows anymore. Just wanted to let you know before you load your beds with coon cookies.

To answer the outdoor question, I am running mi5 as my backbone this year, sour60 was going to be my main but i didn't get my seeds. Next year i would like to run the 60's.

Bh.

Muddy

Didn't know that attracted them. Have used it before and no issues, but I also use a repellent Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

I've had critters dig up my beds that had the bone meal. I don't use it in my deep country grows anymore. Just wanted to let you know before you load your beds with coon cookies.

DreadIbero

Hi mates! I´m also looking for some AF´s to grow in the wild during the winter season in the central/coastal area of Portugal. Humidity´s high very often during most winter season, usually temperatures don´t go bellow 7ºc Celsius degrees, although in the bush they might reach 5ºc or something.
A small reminder, this temperatures relate to the coldest days. The average temperature must be around 10ºc and 14ºc.

I´ve read about the Tundra, but it´s seems she´s renown for not being a real AF.

Any suggestions to fight a rainy climate, low temperatures and mold?
I know this might be a impossible task, anyway, i´ll try it!

Thanks in advance :tiphat:

rocket high

Veteran
picture.php
well we went for these in the end. sweet seeds BIG DEVIL.& FAST BUD so we'll see how they go!!
sorry about the crap pictures :(

rocket high

Veteran
hi suntzu thats good you've got more autos to play with ... the more the merry-er :)
have you updated your thread yet ... am just really keen to see how your girls are doing

Those fast buds i got say's that there's a bit of diesel in them so im interested to see how yours do .... were the seeds easy to pop ? :tiphat:

rocket high

Veteran
well they were quicker than i thought ... the tap roots out and ive transplanted them in to coffee cups so it's all good right now. here's some crappy mobile pics

F

FullDuplex

good luck to you rocket, ill be here for the ride. I currently have some jems going and i can tell you they come for well selected genetics and do well out side. i parted ways with my male to keep from over pollination and went to visit it at the new care takers and in two days under the sun he exploded...

Latest posts

Latest posts