What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with new RDWC build

I use super-cropping to train the plants away from the lamp. They say it increases good stuff too, with a little stress. :)
20200805115500-20200803-173422.jpg

Budshot
20200805-114707.jpg

very good picture! Does it smell ?

Yeah. The one in the picture smells a little piney and like cat pee. I just finished sun drying a branch off it. Smoked good...good buzz. I got a couple clones of it. As well, I got a couple clones from my big plant that smells like grapes.

Nice, evenly yellowing leaves tell me the plants are getting close. They were a bit more of a challenge keeping them happy in flowering than in veg...but the bud's are lookin great. :)
20200811-094505.jpg

3 weeks more to wait, no?
What is the area size, i mean canopy?
You should do a huge harvest...

I finally put a MH bulb in my tent, you gave me the idea...Plants love it!

3 weeks more to wait, no?
What is the area size, i mean canopy?
You should do a huge harvest...

I finally put a MH bulb in my tent, you gave me the idea...Plants love it!

It's different for each plant. One plant is almost ready for early - mid harvest. Some other plants aren't as ready yet. Maybe 2 more weeks or so for them. The canopy is probably 4' x 4' and filled with nice sized buds. I'm not sure where I'll end up with harvest. 2 plants really didn't produce much...and the other 2 plants produced almost everything.

Metal halide is awesome for cannabis imo. 3000-4000k...protected (open fixture) and with UV hopefully. It's a nice balanced spectrum kinda like fall sun and with UV it's even better. I like open fixtures so I don't filter any radiation coming off of the lamp.

Canopy shot
20200811-174522.jpg

Last edited:
What metal halide are you using John?

Now, an old 5000K. Brand is maxlumen, but they don't exist anymore. I've just ordered new 5000K. Yep 5000K because after one month of 12/12, i will switch to led's which is 3000 & 3500K. And i did not find 3500K mh bulb in my grow shops...

Now, an old 5000K. Brand is maxlumen, but they don't exist anymore. I've just ordered new 5000K. Yep 5000K because after one month of 12/12, i will switch to led's which is 3000 & 3500K. And i did not find 3500K mh bulb in my grow shops...

Yeah...3500k isn't easy to find in most metal halides. 4000k is good too. Never tried 5000.

5000K is ... cold. But it's the sun "color" from earth in June/July...

Yep...the color temperatures I'm talking about (3000-4000k) are for all the way through veg and flower with the same lamp (metal halide).
I know Philips is really pushing LED's now for cannabis, and I thought that was interesting.

Last edited:
Pistils are still white!!! Too early... Wait for the pistils to be brown and the leaves yellow.

The plant in the picture still has a week or so I think...then chop chop. I don't like late harvest THC. The buds are building buds on top of buds...but slowing down.

The leaves on the plants are all yellowing and turning purple.

Last edited:
I harvest my girls when about 50% of the trycome head color are amber :smoke out:
I think I like clear and milky heads...with half red hairs. The 'up' high. It's gonna be some good smoke tho I'm sure. My plants are all different times when finishing. Some earlier some later.

The plants are turning yellow with purple highlights on the colas...

I prefer the sedative high... I'm naturally "up" enough. Don't look to trichomes color anymore. You see when a plant is ripe...Branches bending to floor, yellow leaves anywhere...
If you prefer the racy weed, it's up to you man. But, a 8 weeker as cheese should stay at least 8 weeks in 12/12, just my opinion...
Do you grow from time to time or are you a perpetual grower?

I prefer the sedative high... I'm naturally "up" enough. Don't look to trichomes color anymore. You see when a plant is ripe...Branches bending to floor, yellow leaves anywhere...
If you prefer the racy weed, it's up to you man. But, a 8 weeker as cheese should stay at least 8 weeks in 12/12, just my opinion...
Do you grow from time to time or are you a perpetual grower?

Mostly time to time but we'll see now that it's legal. I don't really like racy weed either. Just more 'up' feeling than couchlock.

Latest posts

Latest posts