What's new

HELP....triangle kush? INFO?

Illadelphi

Yeah I'll be starting a thread here soon with some pictures, still in veg though so the flowering pics are still to come.

And MrDank I live in an area of the US that doesn't see a lot of great herb. True genetics of anything are hard to come by, let alone legendary cuts like TK. While I envy people like you (people who are able to puff the best stuff) I'm sure RD will come through for me. So you are correct and thank you for your response!

I have the lee roy tk (TK x RD#2) and scotts og (TK x RD#1) going from rare dankness. Anyone know if the tk cut they have is the real deal or a close 2nd?

I'm excited for both either way!

Illa
Supposedly the RD tk has been around since before the S1...so it MIGHT BE the real deal.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
TK day 32
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TK and ghost nugs side by side
picture.php

Nspecta

Veteran
Very interesting indeed. All the years, I've not heard of a strain called "emerald triangle" - although of course I have heard of the region...lol...but never a specific cut named after it.

Is it possible, that the "ET" was just called that by the FL crew that snagged it simply because of the region it originated from, and that it wasn't the specific genetic name of the plant?

you guys can call BS all you want, I never said the OG came from Fl or from my triangle , the truth of the matter is, the lineage of the fl triangle came from a northern cali strain called the Emerald Triangle, so chances are there was others out there that made its way to southern cali. not sure what the true origins where back then. only telling how the triangle got passed around and started in central fl. I doubt it had anything to do with the OG lines in cali now, but could have a distant relation to it from the emerald triangle valley of some sort.

Dank Frank & realtritip~ For the record books, I'm sure it's been repeated many times before, the first time the "TK" was ever mentioned on an online Canna board was back in 2004 by a fellow named Blue Dog on OverGrow...he called it "Emerald Triangle Kush" at the time and claimed the cut had come from the Emerald Triangle in Northern California (later specifically claiming an area in NorthEastern Humboldt county)...Blue Dog also claimed to have had the cut since '92 I believe.

@realtritip Out of curiousity...do you know any details of how or when the Florida "Emerald Triangle" cut was brought from Cali?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good TMB - I'll be following along - keep posting... ;)

right on Nspecta - thanks for that tid bit. That's helps with the time line...

dank.Frank

All this talk about TK...only makes me realize ONE thing - I NEED more TK in my life... :joint:

dank.Frank[/QUOTE]

me too i have been dying to grab a clone of this,doubt it will ever happen as i really dont have access to many clones, that is my dream/holy grail and i can only pray one day i will be blessed with a chance to even purchase her

TK.......pfffffff!

Illadelphi, there are good cuts all around. Know that.

Nspecta, has it right. I liked the story bout the FL roller derby champs myself.

Now I'm just an old hillbilly... but down this way you don't want to be know as the guy with the TK, may not get ya the fame it does online.

This is a picture of the real deal TK. Grown in the Limelight straight from the junkyard

183224733DSC01230_JPG.jpg

Peace,chicken grease and much love to ya BigRick,the original TK hoarder :tiphat:

been away on a nice long vacation over seas, i have recently reunited an old friend who was around with me during those early days with the triangle . he happened to know all about the story of the - White , and who and how that got passed around out west from, and also how it was a randon seed that was found in one of our - Triangle batches years ago. i also had a chance to check out and test the - White , my opinion was it looked really nice and smelled really nice, almost like the original - Emerald Traingle , that i remember from years ago. but it lacked the flavor to back that up. it may have been just whoever had done the batch i got a hold of. but it was kind of blan to me, nothing like the flavor of the triangle that it came from. , super nice looking ,frosty, and pretty dense, i can see how it ( the White ) would make for a good breeding stock. crazy how small of a world it is on here

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
been away on a nice long vacation over seas, i have recently reunited an old friend who was around with me during those early days with the triangle . he happened to know all about the story of the - White , and who and how that got passed around out west from, and also how it was a randon seed that was found in one of our - Triangle batches years ago. i also had a chance to check out and test the - White , my opinion was it looked really nice and smelled really nice, almost like the original - Emerald Traingle , that i remember from years ago. but it lacked the flavor to back that up. it may have been just whoever had done the batch i got a hold of. but it was kind of blan to me, nothing like the flavor of the triangle that it came from. , super nice looking ,frosty, and pretty dense, i can see how it ( the White ) would make for a good breeding stock. crazy how small of a world it is on here

Did you see what nspecta said up there?? He's someone who can help put the pieces together...

@piff , please read again what i said, i certainly did not say it was a dead ringer , all i said is that it looked and smelled (ALMOST) similar to the OLD emerald triangle, but had no flavor or good after taste to it , like the triangle (present day) does. one thing is for sure , people online and especially on certain forums like to stir things up and mix peoples words up

B

beakermuppet

wow........reading through this thread ya really see how snobby us online heads are.........Even though we all now that the majority of people growing or breeding have never been on an online forum in there life and couldn't give a flying f'n rats-ass what some wannabe "pot cannaseur" hiding behind a monitor thinks about it........LOL!! We still act kinda like pricks lol.

Oh.....I know I only got a few posts......But I just started this account after deleting my old one, been a member hear since '06, did the Overgrow/CW thing before.......it was time for a change I guess with all the BS thats going on in the industry right now.

Anyway, maybe we should cut this dude a break until PROVEN otherwise...........Cause we KNOW we don't have the whole story on ALOT of strains.............It's funny, when I tell my buddies(in the real world lol) about going on ICMag or another grow forum, they think Im a f'n moron, not worth the heat....or BS lol..........Going on the internet and posting pics of your grow......Unless your legal, is pretty f'n stupid when ya think about it.

Hey ticklemyballz..........why don't ya tickleyYERballz and light'n the 'f up?

Threads like these make me kinda of embarrassed to be a member of an online COMMUNITY.

Oh, I know we're all just "trying to get to the bottom of things", but there's a way to do it, and a way not to do it...........Dude's been pretty patient with all the stupid condescending crap thats been thrown at him in this thread......deserves a little respect no?

Beaker

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
White , my opinion was it looked really nice and smelled really nice, almost like the original - Emerald Traingle , that i remember from years ago

Sorry didn't mean to twist words.

Thanks for your info it's all very helpful in trying to piece things together. No disrespect intended. :tiphat:

Peace

@thanx Beaker, I feel pretty similar about being on any forums,,,,its all good, no disrespect taken, i could have been a bit more clear in regards to my last couple post, this week I was lucky enough to have ran into an old friend who was holding onto a nice batch of the - White, when i first started to look at it and give it an inspection, the first thought that came to mind was it looked super nice and frosty, nice light colors, and at first the smell which was kind of weak kind of reminded me of the ( original emerald triangle ) from the early 90's , the one where the current - Triangle seeds came from. the current Triangle, that i have been talking about has a whole lot more smell and taste, this one (triangle) came from a random seed from the old ( emerald triangle ) this is where some confusion may have come from my last couple of post. so in other words, the ( White ) seems to have some similar traits of its grandmother, the Emerald Triangle, that I last saw in the early 90's however it has nothing on her mother, the - Triangle that I have loved and had since the late 90's , I wish i could be more specific about what strain was the father back then when the big room of - Emerald Triangle got seeded out , but it would be lying as there was a dozen random new varieties brought back from amsterdam that where growing in that same room and any one of those might have been the pollen donor.

Latest posts

Latest posts