What's new

HELP....triangle kush? INFO?

JetLife175

Veteran
Heres a shot of the same cutting that was passed to orgnkid from his source in the bubba crew, just grown 15+ years later....

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
You can definitely tell that is the mom of the ghost from that nugget right there.... Now, is it TK? Or is this a TK offspring?

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Bud structure kinda reminds me of the Legend cutting...are those its sugar leaves below?

JetLife175

Veteran
Bud structure kinda reminds me of the Legend cutting...are those its sugar leaves below?

Ive never seen the legend flowering in person, so i cant comment on that, but yes those are its sugar leaves. The day i took that picture we trimmed nothing but the OG so there arent any random leaves tossed in.

@TMB... With all this info coming out lately (not exactly sure if its credible and right, but still nonetheless interesting) Im not exactly sure where to fit the TK in. Im beginning to think that these lines are NOT related directly, but of the same genetic pool.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
With all this info coming out lately (not exactly sure if its credible and right, but still nonetheless interesting) Im not exactly sure where to fit the TK in. Im beginning to think that these lines are NOT related directly, but of the same genetic pool.

TK could well have been the bag of krippie Bubba and crew found the seed in that spawned the cut he passed to orgnkid.

Peace

mazar_man

Would be cool if anyone can post up a pic of the June 89 High Times cover with Tommy Chong holding up some bud from this bunker as mentioned in show. Interesting to see if there is any resemblance to OG/TK. Can only come up with a real crappy image on google... looks very indica dom.

mack 10

Veteran
I've got a Trich tech poster of Kriptonite somewhere.
Its a full on frosted out, rounded headed indica looking plant.
Tops are just pure frost.

Brelva

On that radio show, is it just me or did they not actually ever connect the dots on what OG Kush truly is comprised of? As far as I could tell they didn't really come to a specific conclusion after all was said and done. Was it the kryptonite (NL5 x afghani according to Dave) or that 3 way hashplant x thai or wha? Not sure how much closer to the truth we are lol

The Revolution

Veteran
This is precisely what Ive thought my self. I grew up growing an old school afghani line from the 70s era. Which is still held in a tight knit group here. This afghani line is very similar to the chems that have grown out, with the original afghani taking the cake. I think these are nothing more than hybrids, and progeny of these old school afghanis. Possibly selfed seeds, or random pollinations of these originals, renamed later down the road once grown out. Theres a lot of confusion on the origins of todays clone onlys, but its really quite simple if you look back 20-30 years ago, at some of the best cannabis. It hasnt changed as much as ppl think, its just growing technique has really improved. The strains are still very much the same as they were.
this is just my opinion take it for what its worth.
That podcast was great! so the summary that I took from it was the 3 way hybrid of Hashplant, Thai and Afghan called Kryptonite was exported widely thru the US and it occasionally selfed itself. the bag seeds from this probably produced the chems, OG's, TK and so on.

I liked his comment on the high of the OG/Chem family being so much shorter than other strains as being the result of never having a dad in the line so it was missing the male genetics. he was talking about how the family that 3 way cross produced being the grail of 20% + THC genetics and I'm wondering if hermed selfed bag seed is the real "best breeder" out there.

It's cool that the story is coming out with more details and real names attached.
It all seemed pretty believable besides the who really named it OG first stories.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder if tomato forums are this entertaining?

Shout out homie!
600px-Flag_of_the_Bahamas.svg.png

mazar_man

On that radio show, is it just me or did they not actually ever connect the dots on what OG Kush truly is comprised of? As far as I could tell they didn't really come to a specific conclusion after all was said and done. Was it the kryptonite (NL5 x afghani according to Dave) or that 3 way hashplant x thai or wha? Not sure how much closer to the truth we are lol

First part it was the 3 way hashplant x thai second part it was the NL5xafghani. The fact that we know OG came from bagseed pretty much guarantees we will never know for certain where it came from. Imo opinion it seems very likely the bag seed originated from some type of breeding program though both due to it's uniqueness and that it breed's fairly true for such unique traits.

Dave's story of coast to coast shipments of these special genetics makes some sense to why these seemingly rare types were discovered from bagseed around same time period on opposite coast's. BUT to be clear there was lots of large warehouse grows going on around Florida during late 80's early 90's also.. remember watching whole COPS episodes devoted to busting them and they made reference to the name kkryptonite

Also, I have personally met an old school former Miami area smuggler that used to work around same period as black tuna crew and was loosely affiliated with them who had a very different krypto story. "Sn_key" was from Miami but lived in Hawaii and did runs smuggling hawaiian back to miami as well as working with some of the crews bringing in loads of Columbian at the time moving it up the eastern seaboard. Sn_key told me that it was these crews that developed the original krypto when they switched from importing to running lightbulb farms, he didn't get into specifics but sounded like it came from the hawaiian he was bringing in posssibly with the colombian as part of it also. So for sure there is more than one story to krypto and this one from someone with no agenda.. just a random person no longer even in the scene.

I noticed dave said he followed the hashplant phenotype by its red color (stems/branches). that is definatly a trait I have seen in ghost og...anyone else notice this? does triangle kush seem to express this trait as well?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Trying to track down an old hash plant clone a friend of a friend has been holding for years that came from the marijuana mansion. I thought she was tasty grown in shade 15 years ago. Called after seeing this. She is apparently still alive.

ubi

TK could well have been the bag of krippie Bubba and crew found the seed in that spawned the cut he passed to orgnkid.

Peace

ya know i think u might be on to somthin with that.
miami is a wonderful mecca of debauchery. MANY things were comin thru bac then..... :flowers2::skiiing::rasta:
and still is.. just costs
ALOT MORE...
and if you got a few seeds in ur bag. and it was good weed. ya didnt bitch. ya popped'em

mack 10

Veteran
Always seems vague to me. Josh seems to be the original finder of OG kush from bagseed.
Whoever grew the original herb which the bag seed was found in is realistically never going to be found.. even if they where, who says they knew what they where growing.
love a good story though.
I think Dave's guy could be responsible for the Hashplant and some other top ranking strains but not really buying the OG thing, yet.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Some of orgnkid's claims don't add up either. Like the list of which OG cuts are just the original renamed. Tahoe and ghost are different. Not gonna convince me otherwise.

Latest posts

Latest posts