What's new

HELP slow vegg... 3months in, t5

S

stonescafe

with a 600 watt bulb you will need a 6 inch carbon filter and ducting

asdmo

thanks you stones, i have a 6" vortex so i was already thinking i need a 6" flange for a carbon scrubber. Im thinking about getting a can 33 or can 50, any suggestion guys?

asdmo

I have a 5x5 dr150 tent, do you guys think i should veg longer or do you think these plants would fill the tent???

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a 600 isnt really enough for a 5x5' tent, but i would veg em for a week under the 600 and then flip em. make sure you have the fan and filter set up as well.

VG

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry,

something is off in the soil..

T-5's can grow very big plants, and no matter the height from a T-5, they will stretch. I have Phillips Holland red and blue color T-5's and they still stretch.. so it's not the T-5's causing this growth.. my brother also grows under t-5's and can get very tall plants..

I cannot say what is it, but I've seen this before in new growers, where there plants are like 3 weeks old, and very very little

asdmo

how long did the soil sit before you planted?

jay, I let my soil sit for about 3-4 days. If your referring to cooking the soil, from what i've read the only time you should cook the soil is when theres amendments like blood meal and bone meal added to the soil.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you should let any soil sit and rest before planting. think of it this way. when you mix all your ingredients together, there is going to be a lot of chemical reactions going on at first. things getting locked up in the cation exhance, things getting eaten and becoming microbe biomass and much much more. when you let the soil sit these things have time to balance out, putting a plant in early is like throwing a kid who has lived in the mountains for his whole life and throwing him into one of the most populated cities in the world, and then tell him to feed himself. at first he might struggle but eventually hell get the hang of it. same goes for your plants. they might grow slow at first, trying to find what it needs when things are being used up or moved around so much. but once everything is in balance its like giving the kid a guide book or a mentor. the soil takes care of everything.

asdmo

you should let any soil sit and rest before planting. think of it this way. when you mix all your ingredients together, there is going to be a lot of chemical reactions going on at first. things getting locked up in the cation exhance, things getting eaten and becoming microbe biomass and much much more. when you let the soil sit these things have time to balance out, putting a plant in early is like throwing a kid who has lived in the mountains for his whole life and throwing him into one of the most populated cities in the world, and then tell him to feed himself. at first he might struggle but eventually hell get the hang of it. same goes for your plants. they might grow slow at first, trying to find what it needs when things are being used up or moved around so much. but once everything is in balance its like giving the kid a guide book or a mentor. the soil takes care of everything.

wow jay, i never thought of it like that. You really put it into understandable terms, next time i will definitely keep this in my head! lol i like the example of you throwing a kid who lived in the mountains into a crowded city and having himself to live byhimself.

angel4us

ICMag Donor
my next question would be is the mix hot with lime????how much did u use that stuff is potent

That first pic you posted clearly shows what looks to me like a zinc deficiency. To be specific, the outer edge yellowing, and the new growth also looks a little funky, like rosettes. It's especially apparent on the plant in the lower right side of the pic. Another sign of zinc deficiency is slow growth/small plants, which is the clincher for me.
It is probably locked out, but hard to tell.

"High ph, Low organic matter, High Phosphorus levels in the soil, and or lack of nitrogen."

Check out this thread. Scroll down to check out 'zinc deficiency'
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

HTH ~

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
This was about 1 month ago,
IMG_20101122_174306.jpg

This one is today,
IMG_20101204_111230.jpg

This one is lst,
IMG_20101204_111306.jpg

This ones supercropped,
IMG_20101204_111325.jpg

same plant as one on top, http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx133/xxitzeugenexx1/?action=view&current=IMG_20101204_111350.jpg

Buddy you are fishing...
90 days? Bullshit. Most of us only wish we could stack like that.
Dry soil? Who said that? Those plants are beautifully perfect. Looks dry? Damn straight! As it should...

Flip em and please show us the progress. Those girl have a lot of potential.:comfort::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Last edited:

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I also wanted to point out that mj is annual. Meaning that a single plant has a lifespan.
If you are honestly at 3 months and haven't even sexed them yet? (None have been sexed in those pictures and they don't look like clones to me)

Beautiful plants but either you are full of shit and joking around or you stole those plants. Or you are re-vegging, in which case it will take longer. since the plant is older, slower, weaker.

asdmo

Whoa.... whats with the flaming guys.... I've had these plants since september 4th... i even had a thread on them cause they were doing so bad... look.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=187878.

6 of those are from seedling, Fire og x romulan. and the small one is a clone of one of them which is already sex'ed as a female... The other 3 are hp13xpineapple Oregon, giesel, and blue dream.

Im serious about these being under my lights for 3 months now and they haven't grown for shit... I just ordered Phresh 6x16 carbon filter, & Hortilux 600hps so i could try veggin under there for like a week to see if theres any potential growth...

Please guys, Im trying to get advice in how I could suceed with my babies, I am no theif as I am a medical marijuana patient who is trying to grow his own medicine.... Please keep the flaming minimal to none.... Thanks guys!

asdmo

That first pic you posted clearly shows what looks to me like a zinc deficiency. To be specific, the outer edge yellowing, and the new growth also looks a little funky, like rosettes. It's especially apparent on the plant in the lower right side of the pic. Another sign of zinc deficiency is slow growth/small plants, which is the clincher for me.
It is probably locked out, but hard to tell.

"High ph, Low organic matter, High Phosphorus levels in the soil, and or lack of nitrogen."

Check out this thread. Scroll down to check out 'zinc deficiency'
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

HTH ~

Hey Frankin, it seems to me that the zinc deficiency problem was solved after feeding them nutrient compost tea, seems to me that the one on the lower right, hp13xpienapple has a little deficiency, but the new growth on it is beautifully green.

Marshall

I noticed the deficiency as well but noticed it seems to have been resolved. I am not familiar with soil so cant help you there. I can tell you I veg under T5 and my plants would be much much larger than that after 3 months. Something is up.

65-90 is a little too much temp swing IMO. You can get a temp controller like this to turn your vent fan on

http://www.pricethattool.com/produc...-Thermostat-PT-6-by-LL-Building-Products.html

they are available at home depot, lowes has something similiar.

I also noticed you said 3 gallon pots. IMO 10 plants vegged fully in 3 gallon pots would take up more space than a 600 can cover

HUGE

Veteran
My money is on a ventilation issue. My buddy did the same thing. It's almost like they are frozen in time but healthy.

asdmo

I noticed the deficiency as well but noticed it seems to have been resolved. I am not familiar with soil so cant help you there. I can tell you I veg under T5 and my plants would be much much larger than that after 3 months. Something is up.

65-90 is a little too much temp swing IMO. You can get a temp controller like this to turn your vent fan on

http://www.pricethattool.com/produc...-Thermostat-PT-6-by-LL-Building-Products.html

they are available at home depot, lowes has something similiar.

I also noticed you said 3 gallon pots. IMO 10 plants vegged fully in 3 gallon pots would take up more space than a 600 can cover

Yeah I was guessing it was ventilation also, I have a carbon filter on the way, once that arrives im going to put my 6" vortex and i think my ventilation would be fine after that.

Im not trying to keep all 10 plants under the lamp, my plan is to toss 4 outside and keep 6 in there. Is that a good idea??

Latest posts

Latest posts