What's new

Help Me Pimp My Strat, I Can't Decide which MJ Leaf Looks Best

Help Me Pimp My Strat, I Can't Decide which MJ Leaf Looks Best

• Total voters
L

LolaGal

OK< Poll to come as soon as I can fix it up.

I have a Black Strat with Metallic Finish. It has a yucky white pickguard on it. I have been window shopping for a new one, and I can't decide.

Here's the pics of my top 3 choices.

One is Abalone Shell. In the pic it does not look too good, but I hope it will be prettier in real life.

This one is a black with MJ leaf. I like it but can't decide between it and this other one with Green Multi MJ leaves. Help. give me your opinion. Thanks!

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
i picked 3.. Ya need to come visit me over at my crib lola :D clik the pink in my sig.. :woohoo: peace n pufs..

sackO

L

LolaGal

Thanks for posting. I am trying hard to decide.

I bet the abalone will look good onstage in the lights and then again my fave color is green.

I have not bought anything from this company so I sure don't want to order two at one time if one sucks! haha.

I may as well let ya'll pick for me... ;)

L

LolaGal

I like # 1 but # 3 is more for me . So I picked #3
Thnks for posting! I gotta admit it is purty and green too! Yum!
The abalone will look awesome in person
do you think it will look better than the pic? I am sure it is just supposed to look like abalone, I am sure for $29 it ain't the real thing. I wonder why the picture is so shitty?
i picked 3.. Ya need to come visit me over at my crib lola :D clik the pink in my sig.. :woohoo: peace n pufs..

sackO

I will be over in a little while, my dialup is drowning in the rain, and it is sloooowwww.... see ya! Green and black will look good yah? ;)

you have such good taste Trichy, that I almost bet you win your pick in the poll!

Same question to you as above related to the abalone one. what do you think?

i voted abalone too, because i think it would compliment a metallic black finish.

if you are looking for something that would look badass on stage, try looking into a mother-of-pearl. ...having said that, its not about what your ax looks like but how you play it.

as always, hope that helps.

freeganja

Bush Doctor
Veteran
I think either 3 or 1 would be best on a black strat. Abalone would look good in lights though

L

LolaGal

i voted abalone too, because i think it would compliment a metallic black finish.

if you are looking for something that would look badass on stage, try looking into a mother-of-pearl. ...having said that, its not about what your ax looks like but how you play it.

as always, hope that helps.

It is harder to find the lefty versions! I found one place with some nice fake pickguards.

I almost ordered the tie dyed one! Ya'll know my weakness for tie dye! LOL.

as far as playing it goes, it sounds super great! It sounds like a much better guitar.

It is a 20th anniversary edition Squier Strat.

When I broke my wrist the last time, I had to switch from right handed to lefty guitar playing and it ain't easy. This is my first lefty guitar.

So plain and ugly with the white pickguard though!

p.s. does anybody know what the difference is in the 20th Anniversary Edition? Did it have any perks over the regular 2002 edition?

found this on Wiki

In 2002, for the 20th anniversary of the Squier line of Stratocaster guitars, that year's model was offered in a limited-edition green finish, as well as a "Freedom of Expression Since 1982" engraved neck bolt cover.

L

LolaGal

found this on Wiki

In 2002, for the 20th anniversary of the Squier line of Stratocaster guitars, that year's model was offered in a limited-edition green finish, as well as a "Freedom of Expression Since 1982" engraved neck bolt cover.

durn, they only had one lefty guitar in the whole store! I would druther have had green finish!

I was hoping they threw in some juicy upgrades for the 20th anniversary edition, but searched online, didn't find much about it.

I guess I waited too long to research it. I bought it years ago.

durn... all I get is the stupid plate on the back? poo!

I was trying to find a spot to put the serial # in and research it to see if it was a rare model, but no dice.

Here's the serial number if anybody can figure it out!

SN IC020420638

Haha... its got 420 in the serial #... lol

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
do you think it will look better than the pic? I am sure it is just supposed to look like abalone, I am sure for $29 it ain't the real thing. I wonder why the picture is so shitty?

I think it is probably real abalone, you can walk down the beach here and fill a sack easy so I am assuming it is real and just a shitty pic, of the two leaf ones the green one would be my pick.

L

LolaGal

I like the black one, I am just worried it will be too much black with all black and one green leaf... I can't decide... lol

They had a rebel flag..... oooohhh..... ya'll know that one tempted me too ;)

L

LolaGal

i looked a bunch of places and cant find that serial prefix.

Sorry Lola

:yoinks: OH NO! I got a forgery! ;)

I think IC is for ICMag... no seriously, I think it is because it is made in Indochina.

I found one place that said if the Serial # started with an I it was a rarer model blah. blah blah....

Fender and Squier should have better websites. I would be interested in learning more about MaryJane.