What's new

Help me pick a light

varriform

The tent I have actually only has 2 holes for intake/outtake instead of 3 like the regular homebox. And 2 passive intake flaps

If you're closet door is already open, just hang a box fan in the top of the door way blowing out- but be prepared to deal with the stink- Ona gel and strawberry incense and febreeze help, or a couple boxes of fabric softener sheets.
Or use an air cooled hood hooked up to A/C for summer time.

acidnI_livE

u would do it the same way with the stanly blower into the attic. but i think i got that you leave the door open for the intakes??

you wuld have to cut one more hole any where as long as it will draw cool air in like cut the hole in the side of the wall by the door and draw from the rooom the closet is in and exhaust like you surrently are.

you will still need intake hole even if the tent has them cuz it will be enclosed in the closet? right?

so how where you planning on gettin fresh air into the tent to begin with??

damnit my computer sucks ass and i cannot get pics into my galery unless i have my cousin do it from his computer and then i wuld have a security issue cuz he would then know of my growing. he just thinks i got a hellafied weed connect..

varriform

Yeah, I just leave the door open.
That's been my big problem. Trying to figure out how to manage the correct air ciculation in and out of the grow room.

varriform

I'm gonna draw up some plans and see what all I've got ahead of me. I've just been trying to figure out a way to do this without buying anything besides a new light cuz I'm broke and jobless.

rafe

growing broke

growing broke

Thank god for fluorescent lights. Back in the 70's I did a real nice grow with just a leaky fishtank and a growlux bulb. Had to raise the bulb every day they grew so fast. That was real cheap. Good luck to you I am one of the broke disabled ones myself. Buying seeds on disability hurts especially when they don't open for you. I have met a angel of mercy however and will be getting some freebies. God bless everyone who share their knowledge and beans. Some of us actually need this. Beyond getting a great buzz it is very theraputic.

varriform

Yeah I grew with fluoros at first too, it wasn't in the seventies though
I know what ya mean about the seeds, all too well

acidnI_livE

so varri what way did you go with that closet buddy?

very interested to know which way you did it and how it is working with the temperature, humidity levals and such.

casue i want to do all the closets up at my moms house and some are better suited to have a box within the closet, i built a tent my self from a "rubbermaid 36" closet" it goes up with a pole frame and a canvas tent is supported by the frame. the dimensions are 36" wide and 18" deep and five feet tall. i had to take it to a seemstress to cut the 2 six inch holes and put trimming on the edges of the holes and they also made the holes around the six inch holes where the screws will go thruogh (using hydrohut flanges. she also cut a four inch hole on the bottom of one side and the top of the other side for the tents exhaust. the screw holes have grommets so the thing wont rip and the main holes have a triple stiched border around them as to not let them rip either.

paid 60 buck for the seemstress work and 9 buck for the tent in the clearance ilse at wal mart.

the tent perfectly accomadates the "General Hydroponics ready-to-gro 10 gallon resorvoir and 30" X 14" tray that fits snigly on top of the resorvoir and acts as the cover for the rez. and fits a super sun 2 style reflector in it or a cool tube.

varriform

Kinda lost this thread

I've decided to ditch the tent and just use the closet. I got a 400w but not a digital ballast because I can't afford for there to be any radio interference. The closet is inside a room that has various types of radio signals coming in and out of it on a regular basis.

I'm going to buy a new fan and filter and I'm going to use my 175cfm fan and filter in my veg probably. I'm probably gonna pick up a 6" vortex and a can 50.
Anybody have any experience with the carbonaire filters?
I was thinking about getting the can 6" HO and can50 combo but it seems a little pricey. anybody know about any good combo deals? or individual deals?

varriform

Hey hoosier
I actually have that 4" combo and it isn't very good. Fan seems a little weak and the filter seems like crap

cdmspd.jpg
Hey Varriform!

Home Depot Soil

Flora Nova Grow

Flora Nova Bloom(havent used yet)

400w Philips CMH bulb

400w Mag Ballast

Small Reflector

A Fan (i only blow on my ballast)

Heres some pics i found
These are 4 months old

Here it is 3 days ago. I had the fan blowing it it real hard for some time.

BTW theres also some CFL's in there, just a next boost. Kept them lower though, making the lowest branches strech out and getting the CMH light better.

Peace Ill get the set up later

ALSO DONT FORGET!!!!!

LEFT is CMH and RIGHT is HPS
cdmspd.jpg

Last edited:
varriform said:
Hey night
I'm gonna try out a cmh and see what it will pull off compared to hps.

They same to run a HPS at the same time.. Im guessing so it can make the plant stretch abit, cause right now my plant is way to dense lol