We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not yet … Although I’m using the room in a limited capacity

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
high dude

you can send me a pm and i can send the details for it.

greetz

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Someone told me to look into these

It's nice to see they understand your budget concerns :)

I have always been horrified by dangling lamps. If people have lost control of their environment anyway, then whatever. These days, there is little excuse for wasting so much power, while making so much heat. Planning to use them at the design stage, is giving up before it's started.
That's a great space, but with great spaces, comes great responsibility?
25x25 in real money is about 35 meters. Do that badly and it's 35000w of lamp power. A 240v 100A board can supply 24000w so a third of the room is empty. Then you have the ballasts and aircon chipping away at if further. You can't do half the space.

Lets turn that around. You have 24000w to do 35 meters, so you have 685w per meter.
Lets say 450w per meter of LED is used. Just plucking some numbers out the air, they are say 300w heaters if a third turns to light. Shifting 300w with aircon takes 100w. So you are looking at 550w per meter used for lighting and cooling it. There is a handful of other items to power, but your power board is running around 80% which seems a reasonable target when we factor in the environment that board is working in, and how bad the best electrician really is.

I forgot a few dehumidifiers. That time you will boil a kettle to ease some pipes over fittings. It's maxing out the board using LEDs only.

I think jumping from talk of verts to sealed rooms is likely too extreme. However, using verts will light half the space and still need the same aircon.
Personally I vent out. Fresh air coming in is great, and if heats a concern then aircon in a lung room is easy to employ. It just gets switched on. People with good environmental control are doing well.

If this was my only space, I would like a third of it sectioned off as veg, supplying the other two thirds as bloom space. There is no choice other than LEDs but with venting rather than aircon, then half that flowering space could be 6s in reflectors.
I won't entertain the idea of verts. You would be growing in the corner.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pay your electrician as “ peace of mind” is priceless and avoiding a potentially catastrophic fire is a top priority for any grow imho,,,,,

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes you r correct & Im utilizing a very expensive electrician whom I trust he’s already prove his worth me…I’m meeting him there tomorrow morning…We’re going to be installing outlets every 5 feet I don’t know if I can do both for 120 and 240 simultaneously he will answer these questions for me

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes you r correct & Im utilizing a very expensive electrician whom I trust he’s already prove his worth me…I’m meeting him there tomorrow morning…We’re going to be installing outlets every 5 feet I don’t know if I can do both for 120 and 240 simultaneously he will answer these questions for me
Nice one ST,,,,,
Once that’s sorted then you can run and not have to concentrate on the possibilities of your electric going pear shaped,,,,,
Sure as hell it would happen a few weeks into bloom with a crop of cream,,,,,lol,lol,
All the very best fella,,,,

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Currently
32008972-F2CB-431D-9288-A268BEEF4822.jpeg

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok .. I just brought the electrician over we can daisychain 120 V wrapped around every 5 feet and for 240 V I’m gonna need a dedicated circuit for each one …he’s coming back with an estimate tomorrow:chin:$$

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Not bad nor the end of the world. If the 240 ends up outside the budget you can still do this with 120, just keep an eye on the amperage.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
DESCRIPTION
Raw Material for garage receptacles
-EMT conduit,romex wiring,boxes,devices,covers,et c
Scope of Work:
-Install on sheathed wall EMT conduit with 3 receptacles -Install10 total quad receptacle boxes around the garage. -Each quad receptacle box shall be on own circuit
TOTAL
Accepted Date
ESTIMATE # 1281 DATE 10/05/2021
DATE
ACTIVITY
Material Labor
QTY
1 1
RATE
765.00 900.00
AMOUNT
765.00 900.00
Accepted By
$1,665.00 …. So the materials are $765 and the labor is going to be $900

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Yeah that's about right. I think I paid a little bit more on the layout I posted a couple pages back. That also included raising the incoming power from the street to a better level, new panels, and power for a outdoor condenser.

Let's start cutting some decisions: LED or HID?

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just got off the phone with my grow store lady there’s no way I’m going LED whatever she’s recommending I can’t get away with less than $900 a fixture so for the time being I’m gonna go traditional HIDHPS and I’m gonna go with minimal # of at least 10 kits , she’s putting some estimates and quotes together for me

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Dang, 900 a fixture? What the heck are they selling over there? I just started working at a hydro store last week and we carry a full complement of Mars stuff and nothing's over $400.

I take it that's a variety of 1000's, 600's, 400's, 315's? (Maybe not 315 cause they're CMH yadda yadda)
Any further thoughts on cooling or are you thinking the winter environment will balance that out for the time being? (I'm totally spit balling here, the space doesn't look very insulated but I could be wrong.)

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep …for 5 x 5 thumbprint …she was quoting LUX brand .. model 645 …Doesn’t matter I’m not gonna do that basically the short term plan is to get it filled with light finish off the season in there

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Interesting article on the lux 645 at practicalcaravan.com though I may of been distracted.

You get two Mars lights for 950$ if you buy 10. That's a serious price difference. I have my reservations regarding either over a 5x5 though. I mean.. yeah, It will, but... 350w a meter? I guess we do have users here running 240w units over a meter. 450w is heroic though. A Kg a meter isn't unheard of under 450w of LED. Can you imagine getting 20kg out of that space, every 9 weeks, after dividing a third off it off as grow/drying space. I would be happy enough getting 10 out as a commercial venture.