What's new

Hello

I apologize, I was typing in the dark again last night. I was actually trying to direct you to the amount of research and microscopy I have done on the subject (of microbial based horticulture). There is a lot of microscopic video footage on the webpage. I do not really gather what your comment means; "That would definitley would be cool to own"

Do you mean the webpage, microscope, brewer or...?

In my research I have created much foam by simply bubbling molasses in plain water without any compost or other ingredients. Others have reported the same effect using only aloe vera and other substances.

You stated that "2 hrs. later we've got microbe activity"
Without a microscope, (or reagent or agar test kit) you have no way of determining this that I know of.

When I first tried brewing ACT many years ago, I also thought the foam was an indicator of microbial multiplication (like eveyone was saying) but once I began scoping it, I realized how false that indicator is.

Don't you think it rather lame of whoever negative repped me for meerly pointing you to my webpage?

First, it was I who negged you. You didnt answer my question therefore it was not helpful for me. You've explained your self and yet still have not answered the question. It's point blank. What went wrong?

I'm in no way shape or form an expert brewer nor is my understanding up to par with yours. You were right, I have no way to confirm at this time. So a scope would be cool to own. But not necessarily a necessity. I'll either purchase one or source out a test. At which point I can confirm my assumption. When you are primarily a charity you have to make descisions such as this.

Understand that I operate like a process engineer who believes in controlled processes. I'm talking very tight with no noticeable deviation allowed. If I always do exactly what I've alway done I will always get what I've always got. That's my motto. Hasn't failed me yet.

There are many many naturally occuring organic surfactants either found naturally or by way of compounds that can cause enough surface tension to bubble like you describe and like my picture reflects. Maybe you tried to brew with these, I dont know but I'd like to know. Your past mistake will be my improvement.

That said, I hope you don't take our dialogue as an attack on you, your process, or your extensivew knowledge. I am reading into your site as you directed.

Regards

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I already stated I got foam by simply using molasses mixed with plain water in a brewer. I have done hundreds of tests. Which specific one would you have me spell out for you which was ineffectual when instead I spelled out what works? Because you negative repped me in a mindless knee jerk reaction I should reciprocate.

I was going to say some things about fence posts but thought better of it and removed such language.

It would not be our dialogue which would be construed as an attack upon me, rather your monologue. I'm not sure that this exchange should not be in 'Hey Dude what's wrong with my plant?' thread.

mad librettist

Veteran
I already stated I got foam by simply using molasses mixed with plain water in a brewer. I have done hundreds of tests. Which specific one would you have me spell out for you which was ineffectual when instead I spelled out what works? Because you negative repped me in a mindless knee jerk reaction I should reciprocate.

I was going to say some things about fence posts but thought better of it and removed such language.

It would not be our dialogue which would be construed as an attack upon me, rather your monologue. I'm not sure that this exchange should not be in 'Hey Dude what's wrong with my plant?' thread.

yes but you still didn't answer the question. what were you doing and where were you on the night in question? did anyone see you crash your tea?

did you plan to crash your tea, or was it in the heat of passion?

Foam tells nothing really. I've had brews bubbling over with barely a microbe in sight

Ok, now it makes sense. You made a tea with only molasses and water, generated foam and had very little microbe activity. I understand now. I'll make sure to add something for them to eat. Will bat shit work?

h.h.

Veteran
Soap makes bubbles, sugar makes food, microbes make microbes.How about adding some microbes?

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, now it makes sense. You made a tea with only molasses and water, generated foam and had very little microbe activity. I understand now. I'll make sure to add something for them to eat. Will bat shit work?

im pretty sure his point was to make that you can make foam without microbial activity. you need compost as well as food sources along with proper air to make a good balanced batch of ACT. if you are as anal and perfectible as you say you are, you will take the time to look at the ACT sticky thread and build a real brewer.

no point in having everything controlled and then you go dump shit in a bucket with water and an air pump, thats totally not perfection.

Soap makes bubbles, sugar makes food, microbes make microbes.How about adding some microbes?

lol couldn't have said it better

h.h.

Veteran
If I add yucca and agave to a tea, I get shaving cream. I used to think it was biology. It's an easy mistake with all the misinformation.
Perfection is great.
I throw shit in a bucket and bubble it with a cheap pump. Cursed me.
It's one step better than not using tea at all. By trial and error you can sort of tune it in.
Guano will add microbes, but it has too much nitrogen which can cause troubles. I just prefer to keep it separate and only add it if and when I need it.
Compost and ewc are your best bets. The air separates the microlife from the compost and along with a little sugar provides an excellent environment for multiplying. In my opinion, the "soap" bubbles increase surface area as well as help break surface tension which helps in the tea, but without a scope to verify that opinion, I might be just blowing bubbles.

Update Week 3. Up to 34 inches so the strech has slowed some. Super Cropped 2 or 3 days ago

picture.php

Week 5 gained another 3 inches so I'm at 3 ft. Seems to be slowing. Nothing but EC tea. Will start seeing some serious weight gain in the next 3 weeks.

New Camera. Never was good at photos. Still learning

picture.php

picture.php