What's new

Hello all, new here in upstate NY.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Hi everyone. Can grow legally for personal use here now as of two days ago. Never thought I'd live to see it since the sixties in Oregon. BLM land back then offered opportunities (in my dreams at night). Old enough to be your great grandmother but want to learn all I can, help others where I can, and soaking up all the info I've found online this past months, waiting for this legalization. "Kids, obey all laws and stay out of trouble." I remember RoboCop saying that. And who would frick with RoboCop?!
upstate is a big area, what county you in? There's a bunch of ICmaggers in the finger lakes-ish area with me. always happy to help another old fart grow dank...

20230914_123718 copy.jpg

seed starts and clones...

DSC_0058 copy.JPG

just takes a little prep work...

be beds.png

chill a couple months, then it's double og chem time...

BE DOC  Levitate 9.28.23.JPG

legal 12 is nice but sometimes a medical patient like me has trouble with math...

chunky in hoop copy.jpg

Good luck on your season.

Zkittlez 10.7.23.JPG

Wt Truffle 10.19.23.JPG

upstate is a big area, what county you in? There's a bunch of ICmaggers in the finger lakes-ish area with me. always happy to help another old fart grow dank...

View attachment 18962368

View attachment 18962369

View attachment 18962370

View attachment 18962373

legal 12 is nice but sometimes a medical patient like me has trouble with math...

View attachment 18962374

View attachment 18962380

View attachment 18962383
Looking great man welcome!!

Shua1991

I've been trying outdoors in new york for years, I find the cultivars with semi-autoflowering traits do the best making it to harvest without mold since they finish before the cold season kicks in. "Armageddon 47" was one variety I had in 2010 which had this trait and it repelled bugs, started flowering outdoors first week of July and finished before mid September. The moment the plant detects reduction in light schedule around 18hrs, it starts flowering, even sooner if rootbound. It's not the best trait to select for when you are looking for "indoor" cultivation.

Last edited:

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
upstate is a big area, what county you in?

Montgomery :) @Chunkypigs love your work and thanks for the look

I so need to build a greenhouse this year thinking 20 foot by 40 foot

my kid just moved back to Grass valley CA was living north of Ithaca by the lake

I find the cultivars with semi-autoflowering traits

the Dutchy's stuff does pretty good if you feel a need for it they are about the same weather as me

I put out my plants May first that have been grown in 7 gallon standard pots

so they have good roots

get a bit of mold/rot here and there over all they do well, last June with the

fires in Cali it was cold here and wet it was a bit tough

my plants grew in May did nothing in June and started back to growing in July

I can only grow six and not have Johnny Law come and take them :(

I do around 3 or 4 pounds a plants dried and cured

I can only smoke so much, but I do give a lot away as I support Green Care

since I started grow again in 2001 I have tried to help folks that have real needs

it might offset some of my shitty karma

who know as I tell my boss "when I die and go to hell like I know I am going to it will

be a step up from here"

all the best and enjoy the day

S_M

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran

my kid just moved back to Grass valley CA was living north of Ithaca by the lake

the Dutchy's stuff does pretty good if you feel a need for it they are about the same weather as me

so they have good roots

since I started grow again in 2001 I have tried to help folks that have real needs

who know as I tell my boss "when I die and go to hell like I know I am going to it will

be a step up from here"

S_M
How much do you give away? How do I sign up?

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
I give 100 MG pills to cancer patients etc., clones and plants to anyone who wants to try growing

and bud to a few folks from time to time :)

I make 1/2 gram disposable pens and give them to stoners here at work

mostly local people in need

be safe and stay free

S_M

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
you local to me?

just saw the Boston :) I lived in Lowell for a bit, knew folks that owned

Sin City Cycle in Lynn

Lynn, Lynn the city of sin You never come out, the way you came in

CrushnYuba

so they have good roots

be a step up from here"

S_M
once you have a taste of grass valley, its hard to go back to ny. im from ny (not upstate). lived in grass valley for 10+ years. recently i have been flying back and forth. my plan was to sell the farms and move back completely but its hard to imagine not being able to grow in the sierra foothills. been looking for a place to settle upstate when i do sell everything out west. my family is all in the city so i dont want to go too far north.

can i make a suggestion? weather in the NE can be rough. if you build a greenhouse, i would depp it and finish before the crappy weather comes. I think people overestimate what a greenhouse without blackout will really do for them. i have seen allot of people with hoophouse dreams that dont work out the way they had hoped. people outside california will eventually figure it out.

View attachment 18962368

View attachment 18962369

View attachment 18962370

View attachment 18962373

View attachment 18962374

View attachment 18962380

View attachment 18962383

View attachment 18962368

View attachment 18962369

View attachment 18962370

View attachment 18962373

View attachment 18962374

View attachment 18962380

View attachment 18962383
Hi there, Chunky. Those are some of the best photos I've seen here. Outright inspirational. I'd say WOW but that's not good enough. You've got a real nursery there. Super respect. You are my kinda guy -- shovels, wheelbarrow, T-posts, wire fencing. Your house is really impressive. I had a thousand square foot one once but legit nursery stock only. I'm guessing you've solved the deer problem with your dog. Or maybe something else? Where I'm at, they'll eat anything and jump a four foot fence unless it's a small enclosed area. For me, Liquid Fence brand spray every two weeks or so keeps them off all plants, including vegetables, and safely as long as it's not on the eatable parts. It's not systemic at all and only works by being stinky. Natural ingredients, garlic, rotten eggs, etc. works 100% even during deer browsing pressure. Try it and see. Reliable unlike similar DIYs. Just keep it off flowers & buds. I'm a geezer's geezer, saw Hendrix and all the other greats live, and am thrilled about my new legal project. What's better and more fun than growing nature's medicine? Growing more, and more varietals! Am staying squeaky clean while this new I Love NY law takes effect. I never trusted law enforcement, a wise decision, and am too old to want to deal with courts or fines. Or the joint. To answer your question, I'm east of Buffalo. I admire brass balls, boldness, and nerve, but assume you are licensed grower with that sized perfect nursery and house. No need to comment.

CrushnYuba

Hi there, Chunky. Those are some of the best photos I've seen here. Outright inspirational. I'd say WOW but that's not good enough. You've got a real nursery there. Super respect. You are my kinda guy -- shovels, wheelbarrow, T-posts, wire fencing. Your house is really impressive. I had a thousand square foot one once but legit nursery stock only. I'm guessing you've solved the deer problem with your dog. Or maybe something else? Where I'm at, they'll eat anything and jump a four foot fence unless it's a small enclosed area. For me, Liquid Fence brand spray every two weeks or so keeps them off all plants, including vegetables, and safely as long as it's not on the eatable parts. It's not systemic at all and only works by being stinky. Natural ingredients, garlic, rotten eggs, etc. works 100% even during deer browsing pressure. Try it and see. Reliable unlike similar DIYs. Just keep it off flowers & buds. I'm a geezer's geezer, saw Hendrix and all the other greats live, and am thrilled about my new legal project. What's better and more fun than growing nature's medicine? Growing more, and more varietals! Am staying squeaky clean while this new I Love NY law takes effect. I never trusted law enforcement, a wise decision, and am too old to want to deal with courts or fines. Or the joint. To answer your question, I'm east of Buffalo. I admire brass balls, boldness, and nerve, but assume you are licensed grower with that sized perfect nursery and house. No need to comment.
I have to say liquid fence actually works! i dont know about using it for vegetables. but for weed, it works great. I use it for my outdoor plants that aren't in a greenhouse. there are 2 different kinds of liquid fence though. there is this minty shit that does NOTHING and there is that foul nasty shit that works. if you look at the ingredients, its mostly putrefied rotten egg! i had a friend that used to make his own.
deer dont really like weed. they are just trying to figure out if its food. i spray them when i first plant them. maybe again when the smell goes away. once they are big and growing fast, its not really an issue. its just when they are little babies that they can cause damage. big plants grow faster then they can eat and they are all wrapped up in metal caging and plastic trellising. they don't like flowering plants. the smell must deter them.

Hi CrushnYuba. Thanks for these tips. I was wondering how in the world Chunky kept deer away on that plantation with only a dog and fairly short fencing. But I like what you say. Yes, that similar product to the real Liquid Fence is no good for sure. Never found anything other than the real one that actually 100% works against hungry biters. I use the 2 quart concentrate, $37 from Home Depot. Current mix is 1: 10. They cheapened it from 1:16 which it was for years. I'm infested with deer who seem to eat so many things here, and plenty of the smaller critters that nibble close to the ground. Call the LF company to confirm spraying on all vegetables other than the parts you'll eat. With my prospective legal 3 tree micro plantation I'd just use the 6 foot 2x4 wire fence and a section of black ribbed poly drain pipe at the stem base for any bunnies or squirrels or chipmunks. Same as for all trees here to avoid disappointment.