What's new

Hello all, new here in upstate NY.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Hi CrushnYuba. Thanks for these tips. I was wondering how in the world Chunky kept deer away on that plantation with only a dog and fairly short fencing. But I like what you say. Yes, that similar product to the real Liquid Fence is no good for sure. Never found anything other than the real one that actually 100% works against hungry biters. I use the 2 quart concentrate, $37 from Home Depot. Current mix is 1: 10. They cheapened it from 1:16 which it was for years. I'm infested with deer who seem to eat so many things here, and plenty of the smaller critters that nibble close to the ground. Call the LF company to confirm spraying on all vegetables other than the parts you'll eat. With my prospective legal 3 tree micro plantation I'd just use the 6 foot 2x4 wire fence and a section of black ribbed poly drain pipe at the stem base for any bunnies or squirrels or chipmunks. Same as for all trees here to avoid disappointment.
I have many deer here but they only eat my clover ground cover. the woodchucks tear up the bottoms sometime here tho...

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Here in central Ma. the deer don't bother the plants 😉, I am from Amsterdam 😊

full

full

Can you find the deer laying in the shade 😁
full