What's new

Helicopter myth or fact?

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Useing a chimney flue has worked well for me , once condensation problem was sorted.

The Aga is on all year for cooking and hot water , attracts no attention in a rural area even in summer.

A fake balanced flue boiler intake/exhaust hides it well with a carbon filter in an urban setting , and a lot more convinceing than a tumble drier hose dangling out the window , which seems common practice round here.

mrsmall

Standard surveillance mode puts the nose into the prevailing wind , 200 m height and a 1000 m from target.

The camera pods swivel and the direction of flight is not nescesarilly where the camera is looking.

Given the huge running costs they are not going to waste half an hour watching you , when an un noticed flyover would achieve the same , or a handheld flir like west mids now have.

The copter was hovering there not moving and the place below it there is nothing of interest, thats what makes it the worse,
I was up in loft i thought the roof was gonna cave from the noise, it was close then it went a little distance, after it had been there for 10-15 mins i started to get worried,
then 20 mins i decided to go poke my head round the back garden an see what was going on, thats when i could see the fucker directly in my view they could of seen me i reakon but i tried to hide and peek he he,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
i never seen them in this spot before and i not in a fly area so they were out for a purpose and normally i would agree with all and say they were chasing someone looking for someone etc but believe me if you saw that copter you would have thought the same,
I looked for hours on utube at police copter chases and the way they were hovering in the air etc etc and it made it even worse as it was exactly how they was looking at my place..
Who ever said it right ! pigs might fly!
Well i am gutted i had to sacrifice about 50-60 fantastic cuttings, they were heathly and my first 100% success cloned none died,
I am going to attempt to find some more but can only hope they will root this far into flower,,

I tired of these bullshit cat an mouse games with the assholes, bloody alcohol was banned for years and look at it now
anyway i hope it stays safe and i rather had dumped the little ones then had been pinched this morning with big numbers of plants in the filths eyes
Anyway got some good guys here, thanks for letting me vent my frustration and worry and the morale boosts you have given me along with peace of mind,
Another day and its looking a lot better knock on door wise,, gutted about me cuts though

mrsmall

Sort out your loft area for peace of mind, if you're going to grow up there, insulate everything as best as you can, don't scrimp on that. Try and build a room within the room if you can.

Also think about venting internally inside your house if you can?, obviously when it's cold having heat come from your chimney is normal but in summer could look dodgy?

IMO, if the chopper was being so blatent and looking at you for growing you would have been busted there and then. You wouldn't get the oppurtunity to break down.

I think the way they would do it would be to do a couple of flyovers discreetly, if they still thought something was up they would do some ground re-con on you, then you would get the knock after that.

I don't think they always do that ground work though, as I've read stories of people getting raided when they had no insulation and a heat tank in the loft or there was a lady who got raided as she put a heater in the shed for her guinea pigs.

Some reasons for the chopper being around if you aren't on a flightpath could be, Match day or Some road traffic incident/other crime.

I think as mentioned above, it's possibly used as scare tactics, I bet they only get a small percent of grows through the chopper, most likely busts come from being grassed up.

Cheers for the upbeat words,
i done a pretty good job on insulating the roof and eves, i put a tile vent in for fresh intake, my only problem is i have side wall, semi detached open end, it is bare so i will need to sort that, but at the mo loft is on hold, will harvest my current room tent grow first,
this was a megga wake up as i was up all night stripping my loft down, all the work that went into it , was weeks of graft, lost in one night, hopefully there will be no more to this story, i now have completely stepped up secruity on internet also, via proxy an delete all history etc, although i know if they want to find stuff the hard drive is the only way to deal with destroying that but i not a most wanted,,
anyway cheers again

e4ian

Had a chopper in sky near my place for around 30 mins in evening, the thing was pointing near enough directly at me when i went in garden it was very disturbing
any advice?

Dont get paranoid mann.Lol m' mates got a story on that.

Whatch they dont start chasin' you. :laughing::biggrin:
And thats the story...

mrsmall

Still here

Still here

Well all seems quite on the home front and i hope that was a stage of paranoina!
Nothing came of it, got close to the being followed !!

Gutted i lost 60 odd beatiful cutting that were for my next round, i have taken 24 cuttings with buds on them, Will these still root?
I am considering just getting a load more seeds as i want a4-6 week veg from now so i can put them straight into flower when my current one has finished,

Cheers

Being the age they are in to flower they will but they may take a little longer but every calyx will supposedly turn in to a new branch. Ill see if I can find the info

mrsmall

toall the nigh sayers,
today i got ho,e late afternoon, there was a shit load of filth on my street,

i didnt go ask what tf was going on but i reakon this was due to the chopper,,
had meat wagon with cctv and around 4 extra cars of filth,,
it had to be the choper, an my stealth was enough,
poor silly bastard down the road

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As it took them ages , could be nothing to do with the chopper , they wont give you a week to clean up if looking for a commercial grow.

If they found one , follow the court case , the reason for the warrant should be stated.

West mids definately have a few handhelds , probably other forces too by now , as the tech is pretty cheap compared to only a few years ago.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yeah I think a few plants your shouldn't worry they wouldn't use a chopper to look for a small grow.. stay safe headband 707

Standard surveillance mode puts the nose into the prevailing wind , 200 m height and a 1000 m from target.

The camera pods swivel and the direction of flight is not nescesarilly where the camera is looking.

Given the huge running costs they are not going to waste half an hour watching you , when an un noticed flyover would achieve the same , or a handheld flir like west mids now have.

This is spot on for the UK, in the north west theres now only one heli covering the area, it used to be 5 or 6... for them to do a scan they are already onto you.. I had words with a fella who used to fly one of them, they don't just do random scans..

I have sen lots of media reports on the hand helds ones but never seen them with one, carelessness and nosey neighbours are the main thing for busts!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Grasses are the main thing, a pissed off ex, a "friend" who doesn't think you're being generous enough, the neighbour who got a whiff.
I've seen lots of people in the papers locally who got busted as a result of being robbed.
Don't associate with criminals(Im not saying you do), its easy to end up with a marker as being connected to people, which leads to them having a good look at you.
Be careful what you carry with you, do you really need to take a quarter and 5 types of dry seive/bubble to visit your mate for an hour? lots of busts happen after someone is caught on the street with weed and the bill decide to do a house search.
These are more likely causes of busts than random helicopter scans.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The North Wales Police helicopter has cost the force more than £1.7m during the last year, figures have revealed.

The figure is one of several released following a Freedom of Information request (FOI).

Figures also show the aircraft flew for more than 463 hours between January and November 2010, helped find 39 missing people and helped officers recover nearly £79,000 worth of property.

During the same period it has flown 569 times, dealing with 867 incidents.

According to the FOI response, the helicopter helped find 11 stolen vehicles and carried out 82 thermal searches - of which 13 provided "a positive result".
The force's FOI response said the running cost of £1,718,658 "covers all expenditure relating to the running of the unit, not just aircraft costs.

"This would include for example staff costs, building costs, energy, vehicle running costs, grounds maintenance etc".

Running costs are high , forces charge each other around 3K an hour for supplying air support to other regions.

a quarter and 5 types of dry seive/bubble to visit your mate for an hour?

Haveing anything of quality will probably attract far more attention than the crappy street weed they constantly find .

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
did you read the one the other week, cpl rang the filth after they got screwed told them they got the 10k worth of their grow and they wanted the filth to get it back as they claimed it was medicinal! they got off too well suspended sentence!

its in the fail....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-stupid-couple-report-10k-cannabis-theft.html
Last year I read about a guy who shot and killed a ripper, and got not guilty of murder.
EDIT I am not advocating illegal weapons, I was just surprised

mrsmall

ya you know i well curious as to what it was all about still,
i dont talk to people down the street and not seen nothing in the paper.

if i find out will of course update

Latest posts

Latest posts