What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heaths latest tree grow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diamond......You`re prolly talkin bout minimum 5-600 gals of nutrient solution in a container that size , and then.........How to keep said solution 65-68 degrees to prevent root rot in a room with enough light for minimum 50 watts per sq ft.............

All the SM-90 , Zone , and Hygrozyme on earth wouldn`t help yas when things go south in a rootzone of that magnitude , not to mention the initial cash outlay to fill it up and maintain it with add backs/topoffs with even the cheapest GH 3 part nutes.......then there`s flushing and refillin it.......recipe for disaster IMO , but I suppose anything`s possible within reason.....

hmmmm. does the idea of a hydro-bed become highly viable at any given size?

don't mean to disrespect the scientist by this--just looking around.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Excelent thread!
I bow to your knowledge Mr.Heath
Thx for finding the time to share it with us!

Cloneman

Veteran
Hi mate,

picture.php

I,ve got a 8 bucket RDWC with the pump outside the rez, basicly a pipe comes out of the rez the opposite side of the return pipe to the inlet of the pump. That way with the pump running 24/7 it dosen,t heat the nutes up. Mind you i,ve also got another pipe coming out to another pump which goes throgh a chiller but thats another story.

picture.php

Yeah i use one of those polytanks for my header tank. Love it!

picture.php

I just used 2 of those to make bubblers for my 8 plants to bring them on before they go in the big buckets, hopefully saving me a week or 2 whilst they get roots down. Gonna do it tomorrow so wish my luck.

Very informative as usual and we love the roots

Take care
C

heath robinson

ShroomDr, BIGGS, chilum, Apicalmeristem, unthing, JamieShoes, cabeza, Greyskull, F_T_P!, Scrogerman, paulo73, thanks for calling in and checking out the thread. :wave:

DIAMOND MOFO, the last 5 pictures in the last post show something similar to what you describe only on a much smaller scale and using a remote rez. My old mate DHF has explained the negatives to the system you have described and although it would work it would require a large amount of nutrient solution and has a lot of drawbacks and not many plusses, its much easier to have a remote rez.

Fredster great to have you calling in, the bottom tank is 25 gallons they do a smaller size but I thought bugger it get the big uns! glad you noticed the auto cad its the latest version that im using! lol.

Sir_Nugget im in the UK so the temps outside are all over the place outdoors, earlier this year it was in the high 90's today about 65. I control the temps in my room with extractor fans, a 2 speed 8" extractor and a 2 speed 6" on the intake to the room it never gets over 80 in the flower room.

Cloneman, you will have to get some of your pics posted up, put them up here if you don't want to update the potting shed I would love to see them. :)

Here is the latest update, this is my V3 strain I have been flipping the lights so the bulb between plants has been on 12/12 but the 2 outer bulbs have been on for 6 hours and then switching onto the other bulb for 6 hours. This has worked out great as I got 56 0z off this tree and only used the equivalent of 900w.

picture.php

picture.php

And here is my Chiesel which had the usual 1500w of light and weighed in at 76 0z

picture.php

Some main branches snapped even though they were tied up!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Heath

dhf has been instructing me on this art. i understand he learned much from you, so hats off to you.

yeah, i did see that small version you posted. but i couldn't tell exactly what i was looking at. perhaps there is an application for this idea. perhaps a cloning station or small plants like you did. it was fun to think of a huge hydro bed, but i can't really see the application right now; for reasons dhf and you pointed out, it doesn't seem viable (depends on the goal, perhaps.)

i love all your work. your vertical systems seem to be the most efficient systems out there. in my humble opinion, your recirculating and drip vertical systems are the conclusion in the search for the most efficient system gramp per watt.

D

DHF

Stems snappin from lack of silica supplements and NO Krusty "chicken wire on the ceilings".......You know better Bro...LOL.......

Then again the Cheisel bitch is 76 ozs........I think she deserves ta snap a few limbs cuz she can.........and get away with it.......4 ozs short of 5 lbs US ?........I`d expect nothing less from the mad scientist......

Since Doubleds mpb`s and the undercurrent setups are almost dead ringers for your original high flow aquafarms , I could only expect this Big Ass Plant ta be from your stable........

What veg time for 1500 watt exposure before pullin the trigger and flippin 12/12 Bro ......and yeah Diamond , Heathie`s taught me much over the yrs..........that`s what it`s all about.........and exactly why I tryta spread it.......

Gladta see all`s as it should be witchas Bro ......Holler when yas get time........Needta catch up on fam and such....

Peace my buddy......Freds......:ying:........

mg75

This might make people ditch their 1000s for 600s...

There has to be another "secret" to these amazing results... simple & affordable nutes, no fancy aero/fog jets, not the most powerful lights, no AC, no CO2, no bloom boosters. What is it?

I don't get it... this stuff makes me feel pathetic about my results.

simply amazing.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Wow you got 1.74 gpw on the V3 off the equivalent of 900 watts?? That is amazing .. I'm gonna sit back and learn a few things if ya don't mind..

S

Silky Johnson

Yeah those are some nice numbers you are getting off of those Watts! I quick just read through this but what are you using for nutes?

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just what the doctor ordered....... was thinking of doing a system as such and looking for info on it today and look what pops up on the first click of the search button. Good info....

BIGGS

Veteran
dam heath, 56 oz, and 76 oz plants. that is fucking rediculous. big up my man, off the hook as usual!!!

also heath, do you ever plan on releasing your strains mate. would love to give them a go. those are some killa looking plants.

copperfacedave

Hi Heath nice work, got a couple of questions.

In the 5 600w light set up whats the distance between the corner lights. Trying to work out if the set up would fit in a 5' by 10' tent.

Also do top these trees, if so at what height and do you do all your veg under the 400 watt light then flip the as soon as they go under 5 600 watts.

Thanks

Doradoguy

Heath is in the house.

Heath is in the house.

I ran searches on your name to see if you were posting somewhere else. Now your in my hood. Stoked to have you here.

I ran an experiments on the fast moving water based on your design. Ran four 5 gallon buckets with net pots and a bucket to set the height of the water. Connected the buckets in an x pattern with the control bucket in the middle. Ran a mag pump into straight 1/2 pvc, 4 way spitter and ball valves at the end of each pipe into top of the buckets. Set a bare bulb 400 watt in the middle. These were 4 mothers.

Well I chopped them down. It works too damb good. I got sick of chopping them back and forget about the water uptake. 5 gallon res was a joke. Took a few hundred clones off and chop chop. I told myself need to add that to my flowering room.

Thanks again. I love vertical.

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Glad to see you posting again Heath! It has been a while. Your new tree grows are looking incredible...as usual! You are a true pioneer w/ the hydro and vertical set-ups. I always loved checking out your grows in the past. Im actually still growing and enjoying your BlackRose...both the green and purple phenos...which were actually freebies from your 1st BR seed release (if I'm not mistaken?). I've seen some shots of your BlackRoseF7's not too long ago and they looked insane! Your projects are in a league of their own my friend!
Keep at it Heath!

DrPoison :laughing:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heath i take my hat off to you. you set the bar high when it comes to efficient grows. ive managed 1.6 gpw so far with my organic soil modscrogs and hope one day to match your lofty heights.

much respect

VG

Status
Not open for further replies.