What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heaths latest tree grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

maree

The grow in question had 5 600w bulbs, and 2 plants. Only 3 bulbs were on at any given time, so 1800W. Thus, 900W per plant in this setup. Hope that clarifies things.

Thanks very much for the response - per plant. Funny how I just couldn't see it and it should've slapped me in the face.

MyGreenToe

Hey Heath not sure if you're still checking the board.
I just ordered a pack of MNS Critical Mass. Do you have any recommendations of what to look for in a mom when I grow these out?
I plan to grow the girls out from seed in an 8 plant setup like the one in which you grew out your MNS Shit. The object will be to find the best mom to clone, for use in a 4 plant tree setup like you have taught us to do here.
Thanks for any help!
Keep it Green
MGT

down2grow

Heath,

I just saw this thread a few days ago and I'm glad I did because I'm in a legal med state trying to maximize on plant numbers. So I've been looking into the Ionic nutes and a one part nutrient sounds easy for a noob to use. I've read that some people have ran into magnesium problems during the flowering period using these nutes. And that if they have more of a sativa dominant strain these nutes don't do to well. Do you ever supplement with cal-mag or Epsom salt during any point? What is your thoughts on the sativa thing?

Thanks
D2G

MediMary

Heath,

I just saw this thread a few days ago and I'm glad I did because I'm in a legal med state trying to maximize on plant numbers. So I've been looking into the Ionic nutes and a one part nutrient sounds easy for a noob to use. I've read that some people have ran into magnesium problems during the flowering period using these nutes. And that if they have more of a sativa dominant strain these nutes don't do to well. Do you ever supplement with cal-mag or Epsom salt during any point? What is your thoughts on the sativa thing?

Thanks
D2G
Heath I was just looking the ionic line, they have ionic grow, bloom, and boost, it says the boost is to supplement the grow and bloom.
Do you use the boost? or just the base grow and bloom nutrients?

down2grow

Heath I was just looking the ionic line, they have ionic grow, bloom, and boost, it says the boost is to supplement the grow and bloom.
Do you use the boost? or just the base grow and bloom nutrients?

He just added pk13/14 to the mix(page 10). I need to start taking notes instead of reading the same thing over & over. I think I read that DHF runs veg nutes up until week 3 or whenever stretch is over then use the bloom. I wonder if Heath does the same.

D2G

Two-Dogs

awesome Grow heath, always wanted to mimic one of your setups but Ive only ever seen you grow vertical colleseum type grows and know Id never have the patience to build one my self.
After seeing this effort and its ease I already have kit for my next round after these hempy buckets, and will do RDWC as per your Autocad drafts.
I already have 4x 600watt lights 3 that are in use right now, and will most likely do a variant of your light set up so as to have two lights in the middle and one light on the outer edge and then just flip the middle lights for 6/18.
Took me a little while to work out from your description of how you flipped them but I think I got it.
Actually I did RDWC 5 years ago and still have all the kit under the stairs, just gonna modify it a bit using the netpots that fit into 5 gal buckets into big tubs just gotta dig it out now

stoney419

You are the best Heath you sure set the standard high thank you for bringing and sharing with all of us here at IC if ya ever need anything just pm me

D

DHF

It`s definitely strain-related as to how long yas run veg nutes with big plants , but the perfect 50/50 hybrids stretched for at least 3 weeks and mine ran 4.......

The determining factor for ceasing veg nutes to get all you can get out of em , flushing and blastin their ass with bloom juice , is when they start spittin pistils ALL over the plant , and the grower notices foliage and elongation of the limbs has ceased.......but......for the record.......

Stretch has been scientifically determined to be 40% of ALL strains/varieties flower cycle , even Indica`s that stretch little to none , so if you know what`s optimum for your plants to finish at time-wise after running said strain enough to know when she`s dialed , then you`ll know real close to how many weeks it takes for stretch ta stop ta be able ta push em as hard as possible as roots quit growing , and then be able to flush and go full force bloom nutes for the budset/swellage process to begin when the plants start suckin juice heavy till choptime in a dialed setup......

Pretty sure Heathie`ll tell yas the same , although he always favored Ionics from best I recall from being cross da pond and usin "Euro nutes".......Nutes are only a portion of the equation..........takes knowin the plants needs as they progress through their cycles........IOW....on da job trainin.....

I always used GH 3 part cuz it was the cheapest and did the job.......I mean......if it`s good enough for NASA , I`ll try it.........and did .......for 15 yrs........

It`s pretty hardta fuck up GH 3 part.......3-2-1 mixture in veg and 1-2-3 in bloomage........worked like a charm for runninn big plants while K.I.S.S..........

Runnin coco , yas haveta supplement cal/mag but that`s about it , I used 5 ml per gal silicablast and the same SM-90 for as long as I can remember........and that`s it.......less is more.......

GH 3 part is clean , flushes easily , lasts forever , and does the job well.....what more could a tightass grower that needs buncha nutes continuously ask for........

Where yat Heathie..........:wave:......

Billy Liar

Hi all, Hi DHF..
As a rule of thumb with untested strains, I switch to flower nutes as soon as I see pistils on all plants, but do it gradually. Leaving some of the veg nutes in the res and topping up with flower nutes over the course of a week. the way I think of it is to give the plant what it needs, so the plant will take from the solution what it needs when it needs.. and as long as there is enough of each element present then there cant be any deficiencies.. a plant grown in these systems will have a very healthy root system that is very effective at moving water and minerals, all you have to do as a grower is make sure the plants requirements are met feedwise... and be very careful not to overfeed, less is more as DHF says, you'll be very surprised what a plant can do at 1.2 ec.. with enough oxygen supplied to the root system..
peace
BL

Cloneman

Veteran
Hi all, Hi DHF..
As a rule of thumb with untested strains, I switch to flower nutes as soon as I see pistils on all plants, but do it gradually. Leaving some of the veg nutes in the res and topping up with flower nutes over the course of a week. the way I think of it is to give the plant what it needs, so the plant will take from the solution what it needs when it needs.. and as long as there is enough of each element present then there cant be any deficiencies.. a plant grown in these systems will have a very healthy root system that is very effective at moving water and minerals, all you have to do as a grower is make sure the plants requirements are met feedwise... and be very careful not to overfeed, less is more as DHF says, you'll be very surprised what a plant can do at 1.2 ec.. with enough oxygen supplied to the root system..
peace
BL

Thats exactly how i do it and less is definitely more. Oh yeah i'm a GH guy aswell.

Heath has probably got caught up in his tool belt...

MediMary

It`s definitely strain-related as to how long yas run veg nutes with big plants , but the perfect 50/50 hybrids stretched for at least 3 weeks and mine ran 4.......

The determining factor for ceasing veg nutes to get all you can get out of em , flushing and blastin their ass with bloom juice , is when they start spittin pistils ALL over the plant , and the grower notices foliage and elongation of the limbs has ceased.......but......for the record.......

Stretch has been scientifically determined to be 40% of ALL strains/varieties flower cycle , even Indica`s that stretch little to none , so if you know what`s optimum for your plants to finish at time-wise after running said strain enough to know when she`s dialed , then you`ll know real close to how many weeks it takes for stretch ta stop ta be able ta push em as hard as possible as roots quit growing , and then be able to flush and go full force bloom nutes for the budset/swellage process to begin when the plants start suckin juice heavy till choptime in a dialed setup......

Pretty sure Heathie`ll tell yas the same , although he always favored Ionics from best I recall from being cross da pond and usin "Euro nutes".......Nutes are only a portion of the equation..........takes knowin the plants needs as they progress through their cycles........IOW....on da job trainin.....

I always used GH 3 part cuz it was the cheapest and did the job.......I mean......if it`s good enough for NASA , I`ll try it.........and did .......for 15 yrs........

It`s pretty hardta fuck up GH 3 part.......3-2-1 mixture in veg and 1-2-3 in bloomage........worked like a charm for runninn big plants while K.I.S.S..........

Runnin coco , yas haveta supplement cal/mag but that`s about it , I used 5 ml per gal silicablast and the same SM-90 for as long as I can remember........and that`s it.......less is more.......

GH 3 part is clean , flushes easily , lasts forever , and does the job well.....what more could a tightass grower that needs buncha nutes continuously ask for........

Where yat Heathie..........:wave:......

Hey DHF howzit= )

Quick questions on the SM90.
Do you run it in your cloner all the way through harvest?
Do you start at 5ml per gal in the cloner/early veg, or do you work up to that?
This is my first time using it, and my roots have never looked better, but I have very limited experience with it, been using 2ml per gal in the cloner, then bumping up to 3ml per gall early veg/ plants are about 5 weeks from harvest, wondering when the best time to discontinue use.
thanks bro:thank you:

cyat

Veteran
Dhf and Billy Liar,
Glad you guys are still on this thread!The system I posted has been running for a few weeks.Ive got 2 long roots in my bottom bin, and the fishbones are forming.I pretty much followed heath's autocad.Half in. feed , 1 1/2 in. returns , 24/7 flow , 5gal hydroton top bucket, 20gal water in bottom tank, 20 gal res, no air stones, Ionic hardwater nutes tap and sulphuric acid for ph down.It's rockin hard , much more aggresive growth than my coco or dwc.Dhf or BL, do you guys think I could benifit from airstones?I thought air might introduce heat.As I understood they were a part of Heath's earlier designs not the latest one?Also I have a tee on my pump that circulates the res.One of the big attractions of this design for me is the simplicity.DD and the UC require too much gear for me.Heath has invented the anti- rube goldberg machine!Less moving parts less to break or buy.:)

D

DHF

MM....Never ran a cloner in my life , so what you`re doin looks good ta me...........Up it ta 5ml constantly every feed as they get bigger till harvey........

SM-90`s some wonderful shit...multi-tasking from rootzone protection in my krusty buckets when I first started , to innoculating the rootzones in my coco runs where no critters larvae could grow.....Been in my stable for 15 yrs.........God I miss growin............

No need ta discontinue till yas just wanna flush with straight water , but I`ve never flushed a plant in my life , nor has Heathie , but rather dwindle ppm`s down from top off`s with the R/O tanks as they get closeta finish and they do fine and burn clean after a good dry/cure process..........not sure how Heath ran his rez`s towards finish , but I learned most of my shit from him .......

PPM`s at finish were always below 180-200 and my tapwater`s harder than that...........

Now Cyat.........You`ve got a "T" above yer feed pump as a bypass to blow excess juice back into the rez for the waterfall effect with a lil punch like Heathie shows on his vert setups ?.........

Yas needs a 90 degree elbow to force the juice straight down for even more dissolved oxygen cuz I found it added more pressure and infused more minute bubbles in suspension.........

And yep......air to roots is a tricky thingy as far as addin heat to the lower buckets/containers.......What you could benefit the most from is a nutra-dip trimeter that measures your fluid ambient temp as it circulates through the system while constantly updating ph and ppm`s to letchas know how well the plants are eatin their nutes....

Then you`d know if yas need a chiller......Heathie never ran chillers , but me livin in Hell , it was mandatory on 24/7 feed cycles........got sick of it ....after 8 yrs.......Went to ebb and flow buckets after that another 5 yrs for ease of system practically runnin itself from watching Heath`s multi-flow grows and many sessions in PM........

As plants assimilate nutrients and ppm`s drop , ph rises......gradually....but....topoff`s with float valves from another pre-mixed rez can automate your setup once dialed.......all in how far yas wanna go........

You`ll find that since they`re bein fed 24/7 there`ll be spikes of eatin during lights on , and not eatin durin lights off.......Just tryta go with the flow and remember not ta freak out.......less is more across the board.......Never ran over 750 ppms start ta finish in many yrs with dialed results........

Used ta shove 15-1600 ppm`s up my krusty bucket`s asses weekly when they were big , but flushed and swapped out rez`s every week to offset the heavy diet......what a waste of feedjuice....but.....you could watch em "twitch" as they blasted off through stretch and then backed up and swelled accordingly through late flower and finish........

We pushed em hard back in the day......I`m sure there`s folks here that`ll say it`s bullshit to flush and starve a plant once a week.......

I was satisfied with the results and that`s really all that matters......

Peace........DHF......:ying:.....

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Now i get it...
450px-Heathrobinsonmachine_tnmoc.jpg

wait... im still confused.

cyat

Veteran
Dhf,
The tee swivels in the res.ppms at 600 ish ph 5.6 .Im gonna leave out airpumps.kis is working great.I need to add drains.I know they will really explode when the roots fill up the bottom tub.SchroomDr your design is just like mine , but I added a turbo booster.

down2grow

Dhf and Billy Liar,
Glad you guys are still on this thread!The system I posted has been running for a few weeks.Ive got 2 long roots in my bottom bin, and the fishbones are forming.I pretty much followed heath's autocad.Half in. feed , 1 1/2 in. returns , 24/7 flow , 5gal hydroton top bucket, 20gal water in bottom tank, 20 gal res, no air stones, Ionic hardwater nutes tap and sulphuric acid for ph down.It's rockin hard , much more aggresive growth than my coco or dwc.Dhf or BL, do you guys think I could benifit from airstones?I thought air might introduce heat.As I understood they were a part of Heath's earlier designs not the latest one?Also I have a tee on my pump that circulates the res.One of the big attractions of this design for me is the simplicity.DD and the UC require too much gear for me.Heath has invented the anti- rube goldberg machine!Less moving parts less to break or buy.:)

Cyat,
How are you liking the hard water Ionic nutes? Is it pretty PH stable? Are you running straight tap or through a Tallboy to get rid of the chlorine/chloramine? Sorry for the questions, but I'm really interested in hardwater nutes because I'm sick of wasting water(ro).

D2G

cyat

Veteran
Down2grow,
The ionic is working great!Hardwater grow formula with tap, no filter ,not worrying about chlorine.stable once I get my ph adjusted, using battery acid(new.)60 gals of water including res and 2 tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts