What's new

Heart Attack Proof...

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it was some type of psychoactive that separated us from other animals because just eating fat and protein isn't going to give your knowledge on how to do things different. This is the main thing that separates us from other animals, the knowledge we have.

When I hear people state protein is what made us smarter you have to ask why aren't we getting smarter now since we have access to more food high in protein than any other time that we know of. Only a few people are changing things but their are billions of people who eat a lot of protein yet no major change. I doubt it was protein that moved us but some type of psychoactive that brought more blood to the brain and allowed the food we did eat to be used to make the connections in the brain more efficient because what makes you intelligent is the blood flow to the brain, nutrients, and how strong your connections are to connect your experiences and allow you to see them in different ways and cannabis and mushrooms do all three of these things.

we are getting smarter now. Our brain is still evolving, as well as our bodies. for instance the pinky finger is disappearing and the thumb is growing larger.

The reason protein did this is because it grew our brains. It is known in basic biology that humans have the largest brain to body size ratio of any mammal. They have also proven that brains are like engines. The larger they are the more potential for power they have, which also results in a need for greater fuel intake. aka protein fats carbs. Now an engine produces power from fire, our brain is more like a pc. An engine that produces electricity and enzymes.

The larger brain being more powerful, results in a much higher form of thought and logic. It can more efficiently and easily produce everything your body needs to have these thoughts.

I have had just as profound discoveries from books as I have had from mushrooms. In fact all mushrooms do is make you more cave man like, not actually smarter. it makes your brain react to poison and not work as efficiently. what happens is your thought breaks everything down to it's simplest form and removes all pollution around a concept leading you to think you have had new discoveries, but really you knew it the whole time. you just had to look at it from a different perspective to realize the importance of that idea that you would not see with out the mushrooms.

Aksala

Aksala, this may be true but what was eaten with the olive oil, this makes a big difference. Also, what was the body strength of the person being studied, what if the patient was not active because like you stated endothelial cells are very important for blood flow and guess what keeps it going and stay toned, you guess it fat(mainly from plants) and oxygen which you get a lot of from nuts,seeds and aerobic exercise at least an intense aerobic exercise. I know I'm not going to be running for an hour when I can get way more oxygen in my body if do sets of going fast then slowing down and repeating this process until I'm tired.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2128404

"Lipid metabolism and signal transduction in endothelial cells.
Whatley RE, Zimmerman GA, McIntyre TM, Prescott SM.
Source

Nora Eccles Harrison Cardiovascular Research and Training Institute, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Abstract

Endothelial cells have the capacity to metabolize several important lipids; this includes the ability to store and then metabolize arachidonate, as well as the capacity to synthesize platelet-activating factor (1-O-alkyl-2-acetyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine). Arachidonate is predominantly metabolized via cyclooxygenase to PGI2 although the spectrum of prostaglandins may vary depending upon the source of the endothelial cell. Biosynthesis of eicosanoids and PAF are likely to be an important physiologic function of the endothelial cell as these potent lipids appear to have a role in maintaining vascular tone and mediating interactions of the endothelium with circulating inflammatory cells."

Actually his study on the people with massive heart disease going on involved them doing NO excercise for fear of a cardiac episode or something..

That was one of his big things...regardless if you excercise or not...you can still reverse heart disease...

Besides...i'd rather just not have any olive oil rather than worry about what I'm eating with it so it doesn't attack my endo cells...

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Another thing he talks about is how everything revolves around the endothelial cells...like they are responsible for keeping the blood flowing regularly and keeping everything from gettin clogged up...

But animal proteins and dairy products and high fat oils ect damage these cells and stop them from being able to do their job..which leads to plaque buildup in the arteries and eventually heart disease...

He even said in one study it showed that after having ingested (is that the right word?) olive oil the persons veins constrict within minutes...or something like that...

Also...her's a link to some success stories of people who use this diet...they call it the mcdougall plan but its essentially the same exact thing...

Some of the stories are actually pretty cool...

http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/index.html

I'm not picking on you, so don't take this personally..

Olive oil is just fine, otherwise people in italy greece and spain would be damn near nonexistent :)

A varied diet is fine, more veggies than meat, don't forget fruit, fish and legumes. Variety is the best way to stay healthy, don't exaggerate with portions, and you'll do just fine. A good part of how you're going to die is genetic, don't fool yourself into thinking your diet is going to change your genes.

Last and not least, your gut bacteria make a huge difference to how you use food, they've done studies transferring the cultures from skinny rats to fat rats, and the fat rats became thin eating the exact same things and amounts.

Basically, there are no panaceas, eat well, eat varied, and enjoy life.

ixnay007

Veteran
we are getting smarter now. Our brain is still evolving, as well as our bodies. for instance the pinky finger is disappearing and the thumb is growing larger.

The reason protein did this is because it grew our brains. It is known in basic biology that humans have the largest brain to body size ratio of any mammal. They have also proven that brains are like engines. The larger they are the more potential for power they have, which also results in a need for greater fuel intake. aka protein fats carbs. Now an engine produces power from fire, our brain is more like a pc. An engine that produces electricity and enzymes.

The larger brain being more powerful, results in a much higher form of thought and logic. It can more efficiently and easily produce everything your body needs to have these thoughts.

I have had just as profound discoveries from books as I have had from mushrooms. In fact all mushrooms do is make you more cave man like, not actually smarter. it makes your brain react to poison and not work as efficiently. what happens is your thought breaks everything down to it's simplest form and removes all pollution around a concept leading you to think you have had new discoveries, but really you knew it the whole time. you just had to look at it from a different perspective to realize the importance of that idea that you would not see with out the mushrooms.

Nothing you eat can change your genes.

Eating better will make you healthier and allow you and your tribe better chances of passing your genes on, better hunters will get more food for their tribes, it's more likely that more successful hunters were the ones that ate better, and were good at co-operating (this usually means being intelligent).

Eating mushrooms was reserved for the medicine men, the few people who could afford to waste half a day staring at their hand saying "whoaaaa".

Rogan needs to stick to comedy, and leave his ideas on evolution for afterwards, when he's smoking a fat blunt with his friends backstage.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing you eat can change your genes.

lol. your lack of understanding of evolution is astounding. This brain change happened over hundreds of thousands of years. One cave man didn't just eat a big mammoth burger and start speaking Latin, and make an aqueduct all of a sudden.

ixnay007

Veteran
lol. your lack of understanding of evolution is astounding. This brain change happened over hundreds of thousands of years. One cave man didn't just eat a big mammoth burger and start speaking Latin, and make an aqueduct all of a sudden.

Find me proof that eating anything will change your genetic makeup (besides isotopes, or radon)..

You're putting the cart before the horse, eating better will make you healthier, and you will be able to have healthier offspring, and bring more of them to adulthood, and it will probably allow selection for intelligence instead of just toughness.

The advantages given to you by what you eat will not be passed on to your children, you do understand that, correct?

ixnay007

Veteran
Certainly, eating better makes your brain bigger and you more intelligent, but changes in your environment affect you.. for example, look at our hobby, the way you feed your plants will make them grow better or worse, but the advantages they gain from being fed well mean that they will produce good quality seeds, but to have the seeds grow well, you have to feed them properly too. They won't grow better than their genes allow, just like humans can't.

Better food means healthier, healthier means more survive, more survivors mean evolution can select for other traits.

Better food is a environmental pressure, just like disease, or a volcano exploding.

HempHut

The theory, as far as I understand it, is that getting the extra protein/fat/calories (energy) from consuming meat (or more meat much more regularly) was an environmental change which then allowed for the brain to evolve to become larger -- it's the catalyst for the change:

As meat became a dietary staple, the gut shortened, and the brain no longer needed to rely on fuel from muscle and fat stores in the body. A shorter gut requires a great deal less energy than the lengthy gut of herbivores. Drawing on the extra energy resources from a fatty diet, and a shorter gut, the brain could afford to grow.

Greg Wray, an evolutionary biologist at Duke University, studies the genetic and molecular systems that co-evolved with this dietary shift to produce a larger brain. At the meeting, Wray laid out the case for meat and other protein-rich foods as evolutionary drivers of a bigger, more complex human brain.

“For a long time now, anthropologists have known that [diet and cognition] are connected at an organismal level,” Wray said. “But we now see that there is a connection between these two at the genetic level.”

In order for brain growth to occur, brain cells need energy from glucose, a basic sugar that fuels cellular activity. As diet changed over time, the body’s way of converting food into energy may have needed to evolve to keep up with these new, high-energy demands of the brain.

http://www.nasw.org/eating-meat-drove-evolution-our-big-powerful-brain

http://www.nature.com/scitable/blog/watching-the-detectives/human_brain_evolution_and_creatine

S

SeaMaiden

The other factor that went into human brains becoming so large was the advent of COOKING our foods. That goes a long way toward making nutrients 'bioavailable.'

I've skipped most of page 1 and all of page 2. Moving toward lower meat (especially red meat, ESPECIALLY corn-fed) consumption is a good move. Removing monounsaturated fats from the diet, especially if you're prone to arterial plaques, isn't a good idea, though. The monounsaturated fat found in olive oil does an excellent job of literally removing plaques.

The other factor that the doctor seems to be ignoring (and I'm gleaning this from the original post only) is consumption of highly processed carbohydrates and the role they actually play in higher heart disease rates. Eliminate processed carbohydrates, seriously increase vegetable matter, reduce fatty meat consumption, eat the damn nuts (because it's already been shown that by having yourself about a small handful of nuts daily you can reduce your risk of developing diabetes by about 20%, and diabetes is just as much a health risk, if not more so), and have more veggies.

I grew up with this (health and nutrition) stuff, it's been ingrained. Or maybe it's osmosis.

WelderDan

Veteran
I have canine teeth. I have forward facing eyes and stereoscopic vision. I am a carnivore. Actually, more of an omnivore.

But I stay away from processed foods, eat lots of fresh veggies and fruit, chicken and lean meat. I do like me a nice medium rare steak, but that's a luxury item and not daily fare.

You're gonna die one way or the other. Might as well enjoy yourself once in a while.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Avocados I was told if you wanted to gain weigh is to eat it alot.Didn't work for me.Also The Mediterranean people who use alot of olive oil in their foods have the lowest rate of heart attacks.

Now a cumulative of all sorts that causes heart attacks and it's not just foods is..Bad teeth.Yes...bad teeth.All the infection in your tooth stress your immune system and can make the blood thicker fighting infections all the time.

Another read might be interesting.

A large number of studies have reported associations between heart disease and chronic bacterial and viral infections.2 As far back as the 1970s researchers identified the development of atherosclerosis in the arteries of chickens when they were experimentally infected with a herpes virus.In the 1980s similar associations were reported in humans infected with a number of bacteria (e.g., Helicobacter pylori and Chlamydia pneumoniae) and certain herpes viruses (particularly cytomegalovirus). In one study, for example,Petra Saikku and colleagues at the University of Helsinki in Finland found that 27 out of 40 heart attack patients and 15 out of 30 men with heart disease carried antibodies related to Chlamydia, which is more commonly known to cause gum disease and lung infections.Compared to subjects who were free of heart disease only seven out of 41 had such antibodies.In another study at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston,Texas researchers found that 70 percent of patients undergoing surgery for atherosclerosis carry antibodies to cytomegalovirus (CMV), a common respiratory infection,while only 43 percent of controls do.

At least one out of every two adults in developed countries have antibodies to Helicobacter pylori, Chlamydia pneumoniae, or cytomegalovirus (CMV).The presence of antibodies does not necessarily indicate an active infection or the presence of atherosclerosis, but is a sign that infection has occurred at some time.It's common for infections from these organisms to persist indefinitely. Once infected with herpes,for example, the virus remains for life.The effectiveness of the immune system determines the degree of trouble the virus may cause.The weaker the immune system the more likely an infection will hang on and cause problems. When these microorganisms enter the bloodstream they can attack the artery wall causing chronic low-grade infections that lack any noticeable symptoms.As microorganisms colonize an artery wall they cause damage to arterial cells. In an effort to heal the injury blood platelets, cholesterol, and protein combine in the artery wall setting the stage for plaque formation and atherosclerosis.As long as the infection and inflammation persists plaque continues to develop. Infection can both initiate and promote growth of atherosclerosis.

Aksala

I'm not picking on you, so don't take this personally..

Olive oil is just fine, otherwise people in italy greece and spain would be damn near nonexistent :)

A varied diet is fine, more veggies than meat, don't forget fruit, fish and legumes. Variety is the best way to stay healthy, don't exaggerate with portions, and you'll do just fine. A good part of how you're going to die is genetic, don't fool yourself into thinking your diet is going to change your genes.

Last and not least, your gut bacteria make a huge difference to how you use food, they've done studies transferring the cultures from skinny rats to fat rats, and the fat rats became thin eating the exact same things and amounts.

Basically, there are no panaceas, eat well, eat varied, and enjoy life.

Pick on me all you want...

I believe Dr. McDougall and Dr. Esselstyn over anything you say...

Also...so you telling me that people who use olive oil daily don't get heart disease?

and you kinda made my point on the genetic thing....because the diet doesn't change my genes....what it does it keep those genes that carry cancer and heart disease from ever exposing themselves in the first place...

Do you realize that people have literally cured themselves of cancer with nothing more than a change to a low fat plant based diet?

So go ahead and "pick on me" with your vast knowledge....

I'll choose to keep doing what I'm doing...down 21lbs and feeling amazing...

Aksala

Also...I appreciate all the advice and what not...

But this thread wasn't started to ask for advice...

I've made my decision on what diet I'm going to do....and so far so good...

Never felt better in my life...never had more energy to just pop up and go for a walk/run/bike ride ect...

So...I'll just keep updating this forum from time to time to check in on my weight and overall health ect...

Plan on having bloodwork done again this year so hopefully the numbers will be alot lower than they were when I was younger.

Rukind

we have only been eating lots of grains and veggies for about 15,000 years. we have been around longer than 500,000.

so we evolved to eat these things in 15k years? i dont beleive it.

we just discovered poly fats (vegetable oil, soy bean oil) in the 1900's.. and they are also telling us those are good for us too lol they require chemical processing plants by the way.

people can eat nothing but meat for their entire lives and be healthy.. way more so than vegans.. most vegans i know after so long just looks like shit.. fucking hair falling out and frail.. no energy..

owsley stanley ate nothing but meats for over 40 years.. maybe even 50 i cant remember.

just look at pictures of him before he died (car accident). he looked pretty good to be in his 70's to me. my grandma looks like shit (ate mostly vegetables).

this essay got me into this style of eating http://thebear.org/essays1.html#anchor496162

and now i have been doing even more research and doing it myself. Although I have still been eating about 70 grams of carbs a day until i can get off of them completely. It is a serious addiction. I dream of ice cream sometimes.

N

narko

^ man you should distinguish between your personal opinion and truth/reality. i know a vegan ( shes been practicing for over 25 years) who got pregnant. the kid got mother milk and after she stopped breastfeeding it was forced to become vegan( not that a kid would have any problem with it...). in the beginning i was like wtf this child is gonna starve... now he is 17 years old and nobody would know hes been vegan all his life without him telling. sam goes foor the mother. i guess everybody should just eat what he feels like/tastes good/is morally acceptable( thats why you become vegan mostly i guess).
i am vegetarian for 10 years now and i must say my health improved quite alot although i dont think this has anything to do with my eating its more the mind healing.

bout that owsley stanley : google vegan bodybuilding and you will see that vegans are healthy as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts