What's new

Health Canada is inspecting grows and you can lose your license if you refuse

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42746

Apparently they are doing so but it goes against their own rules. in their rules it states:

MMAR Inspections
• Health Canada's inspectors have the authority to conduct
inspections for compliance with the Medical Marihuana
Access Regulations and with the terms of a licence to
produce marihuana for medical purposes.
• To conduct these inspections, Health Canada inspectors
must have an occupant’s consent to enter the dwelling or be
issued a warrant by a Judge pursuant to section 31(2) and
(3) of the CDSA.

(2) Where a place referred to in subsection (1) is a dwelling-place, an inspector may not enter the dwelling-place without the consent of an occupant thereof except under the authority of a warrant issued under subsection (3).

Nobody should ever let anyone into their private dwelling without their consent or without a warrant. And you should never give consent. We all saw how EFSI bylaw got thrown out b/c of the HA who had the balls and smarts to refuse entry. Hopefully someone gets a lawyer and fucks HC's shit up if they threaten to take away their card b/c of refusal of entry.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll let em. I don't care.

I never knew why people were so against letting them in if everything is straight in plant numbers and up to code.

Its a safe bet that most people who dont want this passed are growing more than theyre allowed or have dodgy set ups. In that case, they should be shut down.

Having a card is a luxury. You don't deserve one. Not you AP, in general.

Its a safe bet that most people who dont want this passed are growing more than theyre allowed or have dodgy set ups. In that case, they should be shut down.

you are right about that but for me and others with the same view its more in stance with a libertarian outlook on the matter. i would never let a cop into my private dwelling even if i had nothing to hide, not just dealing with MMAR but everything else. i dont mean a building inspector who comes in to sign off on permits to make sure the wiring and construction is safe, im talking specifically about law enforcement elements. its the same as with any other law that seems to go against charter of rights and freedoms. its mostly a matter of principle and precedent. of course at a point the average individual is just gonna let them in b/c they don't want to deal with the bullshit but the people that fight these things like the HA mentioned are fighting for broad encompassing rights. im not saying thats what the dude meant to do when he took them to court but that was the outcome.

clarification: it seems HC is informing local RCMP detachments about medi grows. on the HC forms it states clearly they will only communicate your info if contacted by RCMP in relation to an investigation, presumably to avoid raiding legal grows. its a pretty serious issue that they are contacting and divulging specific information about licensees to the RCMP without any consent from the individual. an inspection crew to check your grow to make sure you are within limits and arent gonna burn down the neighborhood is one thing but as far as I know RCMP officers aren't trained building inspectors and they have no title as Health Canada plant counters so what are they doing inspecting grows. in the link posted above a user describes his experience with a single constable coming into his grow to check it over, no HC inspectors or electrical team or anything. its like my doctor phoning the cops to tell them to check my oxy script to make sure im not over. well not the same, but its kind of where im coming from

Marco Renda

I'll let em. I don't care.

I never knew why people were so against letting them in if everything is straight in plant numbers and up to code.

Having a card is a luxury. You don't deserve one. Not you AP, in general.

BULLSHIT! My garden has been inspected by the police , fire department and the ESA and passed. But there is NO WAY that I am going to allow someone from Health Canada that has visited another garden. How do we know that the previous garden was bug free?

These inspectors need to have NEW COVERALLS on hand so that they can put them on and throw them out after inspecting every garden

Take Care and Peace

Marco Renda
Federal Exemptee
Publisher
Treating Yourself
The Alternative Medicine Journal

BULLSHIT! My garden has been inspected by the police , fire department and the ESA and passed. But there is NO WAY that I am going to allow someone from Health Canada that has visited another garden. How do we know that the previous garden was bug free?

These inspectors need to have NEW COVERALLS on hand so that they can put them on and throw them out after inspecting every garden

Take Care and Peace

Marco Renda
Federal Exemptee
Publisher
Treating Yourself
The Alternative Medicine Journal

Why did you allow police have to inspect your grow? No cop is coming in my home without a warrant under any circumstance. i haven't found anything in the MMAR regulations that say you have to let cops into your private dwelling to count plants. HC can send their own inspection team for that and they can schedule a time wellllllll in advance and thats only if I'm a DG. there are no provisions in the MMAR guidelines that say they can force you to open your doors if you are growing for yourself. like I said, i will obviously let a building inspector in before the room is planted and running to check wiring and whatever they need to do, but why do firefighters or cops have to come in? specifically there is no bylaw here that lets fire officials come into my private residence for inspections. a commercial location is another story though. secondarily, if the cops want in they can do their job and determine with evidence that something illegal is going on and if they have enough evidence they can get a warrant. then ill sue their asses for busting my door down and raiding a medi grow that is in full compliance with all laws and for lying on the warrant. hopefully they dont shoot me and my dog though

if it is a safety issue only like the police say (kind of crazy , b/c cops aren't inspectors or tradespeople) why aren't they inspecting my neighbors veggie grow. dudes running 4kw and flooding the red bell pepper market. think he might be illegally supplying the fruit and vegetable store with grey market bell peppers.

i can totally understand the mentality of just letting them in to get it over with but ive been screwed around by the law and the gov't many times and its my duty to preserve whatever individual rights i can for myself. i deal with dickheads in public everyday and a man's home is the last vestige of privacy . or at least should be. im not a shit disturber by any means, i just want to be left alone especially if im following all these retarded laws.

apparently, from what i've read on that thread and through browsing the HC guidelines, its technically illegal to not be using HC seeds to grow. so getting clones is illegal and so is buying seeds from anyone but HC.

ButteredIt

apparently, from what i've read on that thread and through browsing the HC guidelines, its technically illegal to not be using HC seeds to grow. so getting clones is illegal and so is buying seeds from anyone but HC.

can you find us a link?

I think it's reasonable for them to come in and inspect. We're growing people medicine after all. I think it's absolutely necessary to inspect the source of something being sold/donated as medicine. Hopefully it'll weed out the growers who seem to be oblivious to their pm problems.

EDIT: Although i do like the above idea of making them wear those white coveralls for every garden inspection, obviously a new one each time. Hell I'd just have some on hand and just ask politely and explain my reasons. No need to infect my up to code garden.

Last edited:
can you find us a link?

I think it's reasonable for them to come in and inspect. We're growing people medicine after all. I think it's absolutely necessary to inspect the source of something being sold/donated as medicine.

HC inspectors one thing, but cops are another. and i seriously doubt any inspector, HC or cop or firefighter, is gonna even notice a PM problem. but heres the thing, unless they change the laws you dont legally have to let them in to a personal garden. they are threatening to take away licenses based on no law or regulation. another thing, its totally illegal to "sell/donate" your meds to anyone. even if you are a DG its against the law to charge for their meds. you mention that to a HC employee and you are fucked

dmt

Veteran
they dont even have the resources to answer the phone, im pessimistic they have a crew or team of health canada regulators set to tour the country inspecting grows.

until i or someone else i know gets an official visit, im calling bs

i spoke with health canada the year i got my card, they said never let ANYONE in your home/garden. unless there is a judges approval, d

amrad

You know what guys? Get over it! If you want to dance with the devil,be prepared for a wild ride, because he choses the music. Thats why medical excemptions are bullshit.
We need total unlimited freedom to grow our own meds, no restrictions. Total legalization period. Med pot is a game that government plays, it takes the steam out of legalization.

it takes the steam out of legalization.

ever been to jail? ever been to jail while legitimately needing mmj for medical use? its reallll easy to say fuck the law stay an outlaw but theres alot of legitimately sick people out there, cancer patients, HIV, MS, etc. that dont have the energy or will to remain illegal and risk their freedom and health in order to make a moral stand. and this is coming from a person who genuinely distrusts all cops and politicians.

amrad

Ya that last post was a bit uncaring, and I apologize for that. Believe me I care very much for those that suffer, whether its from cancer or just feeling shitty all the time. And ya I know what its like to be in jail, a few times.LOL
Its just that its so obvious the game their playing, they allow med pot, or rather barely tolerate it. And they will if they win a majority, tighten up the rules for med exemption, drastically, watch and see, so that fewer and fewer will even apply. They are totally ingenuous, in this matter. Cannabis to them is the same as heroin.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
The government isntn fuckin stupid ,REmember the best thing the devil ever did was convince the world he didnt exist, these politicians are crooked as hookers, I guess i see what amrad is saying that plain legalization would be more effective, It would eliminate everyone saying that they are ILL and using for medical conditions,when they are recreational users. In my eyes the medical movement is step 1 in total legalization,and I fuckin hate police/authority and im signing u for a MMAR, might as well join'em , if you cant beat 'em!

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yeah these guys are assholes lol

Yeah these guys are assholes lol

I had one friend tell me that the doc said yeah bring in all the paperwork I will fill it out for you. He said I already have my membership to the clubs this is for growing she said okay.. So he went out got his picture went to the police station and paided for the police check. $80.00 later . He brings it all back to the doc and she looks at the coverpage doesn't even open it and says "OH NO I CAN'T DO THIS"!! He says it's from Health Canada and you have a place where you can sign off and not be a part of this. She squeals again "WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT"!! my friend just walked out ,he couldn't be bothered arguing lol lol why bother. Then when you do the right thing you get played over and over like your the mouse and they are the cat .. it's pathetic especially when you quailify what a joke Canada is for the sick. peace out Headband707:wave:

Che

Veteran
If HC and the RCMP were genuine, med growers, patients, and dispensaries would not be raided. As it stands, I can't risk applying for MMAR when I know that they raid patients, it's just not worth putting yourself on the map. I have a great lawyer and a defense strategy, but giving them my address? Right.. I'll get right on that :moon:

amrad

To be honest, I never thought that at this point in my life cannabis would still be vilified. Its like no one listens.

It causes no harm, unlike alcohol and cigs, is a centuries old medicine,With a longer history for medical use than probably any other substance except perhaps poppies.
Ya I'm on the same page as you Che. I'm not walking around with a bulleye on my back.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
I'm kind of stradling the line getting my paper work filled out , and just staying off the map, not too many docs where I'm from will sign, so working on seeing a open minded doctor, maybe from out of prov. if necessary.sure might be dangerous to come out of the gray and into the black, but probably worth it when you can medicate and produce for yourself without fear of being arrested , probably still going through with it.......TS

Che

Veteran
I'm kind of stradling the line getting my paper work filled out , and just staying off the map, not too many docs where I'm from will sign, so working on seeing a open minded doctor, maybe from out of prov. if necessary.sure might be dangerous to come out of the gray and into the black, but probably worth it when you can medicate and produce for yourself without fear of being arrested , probably still going through with it.......TS

Thing is, the enforcement often ignores legal status and openly raids anyways. I don't believe that legal status makes you safe, not for a second.

Latest posts

Latest posts