What's new

Health Canada finally made their announcement.

LOL hobby farm. Keep guessing bro. I am stating facts. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean no one can. Peace GS

Right you have test showing you have no mold contamination or any contamination that will be acceptable for human consumption? I bet you do just because you have some big place doesn't mean you have a crop that can be considered for human consumption.

From http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marihuana/future-avenir/specification-eng.php

As an example, one potential Schedule B publication which could be chosen is the European Pharmacopeia (EP)Footnote 2. All relevant specifications from the EP would then apply. This would include chapter 5.8.1 (current edition 7.5): "Microbial Quality of Herbal Medicinal Products for Oral Use". In this case, testing for total aerobic microbial count, total combined yeast and moulds count, bile-tolerant gram negative bacteria, Escherichia coli, and Salmonella would have to be conducted, and the results would have to be below the limits listed in Table C of that chapter before the product could be released for sale. In addition, testing for aflatoxins must also be conducted, with methods and limits as specified in Chapter 2.08.18 (Determination of aflatoxin B1 in herbal drugs) of the EP. These limits are required to demonstrate that the dried marihuana has been produced under sanitary conditions, and that it is appropriate for human consumption. The general monograph on herbal drugs in this same publication would also apply, with the associated limits on heavy metals.

WOW thats a lot to think about . Thast 140 lbs a day @ $8.80 a gram is 554 thousand a day . Thats a nice rate of income . What big business wouldnt liek to profit 200k a day After over head cost

No one will buy it at 8grams per day. That's $224 per oz. At the same time dealers will lower their prices to 160-180 per oz so you're still dealing the black market. We'll have to see what the market price for illegal weed will be at the time. It if stays at 1800-2K then $8 wont work and you'll have to be cheaper or close the price of a dealer.

Now this also depends on what's the value to someone in having a prescription. If being able to smoke it in public and carry around you an OZ, for someone it could be worth $8 per gram.

The other thing you have to take in account is the number of application HC will get to be a producer and how many they will allow. They can't have too many as there's has to be enough patients vs producers to make profit.

Will be nice to know that no meltatox, eagle20, et al are used!

I'm actually looking forward to new innovations for indoor crops control. Any new methods and technology will spill into the public which could also start a new market for warehouse grown food crops like say small co-ops.

Yes Buds, very soon I will be having product tested. I am not afraid. Peace GS

I'd like to see that. I know lots of people talk shit and say their stuff is good but this is on a new level which again could spill into the illegal market and there will be a new level of quality required for even illegal weed. Do you buy home grown or get a license froma doc and get never heard of before quality and potency. Let us know when you get it tested you'd be the first on I'd know off.

Pangea

Veteran
I'm actually looking forward to new innovations for indoor crops control. Any new methods and technology will spill into the public which could also start a new market for warehouse grown food crops like say small co-ops.

It'll be more adapting methods from similar processes. Primarily contaminate control methods utilizing air filtration and physical barriers.

If we ever have to grow food in a warehouse, then we've failed as a society.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
to me it seems like these proposed changes may just stop gangs from using licences, if u think on april 1 2014 that growers in prov of BC will stop producing this cash crop u gotta another thing comming its been grown b4 the cards it will be grown after.

not gunna stop the west coast bud trade , just will make them have to go back to being smaller shops,....
TS

TURBD

I like how they say the $8.50g are well below the $15g street price.
Who pays $15g? Kids in highschool buying by the joint?
I am gonna talk to my father inlaw. He was RCMP for 25 years and knows allot of lawyers.
I should be able to meet any security measures and all his current employees are all bonded x cops that i am sure would rather do security for me when his buisness is slow rather than get laid off.
I am hopeing for the best but not holding my breath.
Good luck to all those who apply.

Pangea

Veteran
A registration would not be transferable from one licensed producer to another. If an individual wanted to change licensed producers, they would be required to obtain a new original medical document which they would use to register with a new licensed producer.

Built in brand loyalty. The competition for market share will make sure prices are well below $5/gram. I could imagine LP's offering nice incentives to obtain someones document.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
oh wait so each LP will have designated patients?

I can't imagine too many legitimate businesses wanting to deal with a hoard of primma donna med patients constantly bitching and moaning about every little thing.

We're also gonna have to see what happens to illegal weed prices and how Washington state thing affects them. If prices in BC start to fall into the $1400-1600 for *k strains then it'll be hard for those companies to go against the illegal market.

Remember we're also going from a license to grow buffer zone to mandatory sentences it might be easier/safer to bring up weed from Washington then grow it here. Growers here are not used to the US style punishments for growing, for lots it'll be culture shock.

The one major point for legal medicine is having a prescription but how will the RCMP deal with this? At least with a prescription you can have it one you legally so to some it'll be worth the price.

I 502 only legalized small amounts, growing and large amounts without a med card are still illegal in washington.

Every indoor commercial grower I know is licensed. A lot of them will quit and a lot of them will keep going. BC hydro will be bummed out when we stop paying our $3000 hydro bills and everyone starts stealing hydro or running diesel gens.

I think we will start to see prices get very high. I will move to Washington or Oregon, doesn't make sense to stick around and do jail for plants.

crazy. So I cant even apply without having all of the regulations met? So I can go buy a warehouse and have them not approve me even if I meet all their criteria?

T

the med man

will be interesting to see the finally of all this...

if anyone can see a doc to access 500 potential producers. there will be way more then the projected numbers of patients. even with med pot docs signing for money. tons of users never could access the program.

i think change is always good, but thats my bent of nature to be optimistic, mm

ps nothing like being able to have a jar of every kind from controlled production...

Pangea

Veteran
I'd think in 10 years there will be around a million. Especially if prices are sub $3/gram.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
I think another thing I havent seen mentioned yet is what about guys who found a specific strain that worx for them , or who bread 1 ?, they will be expected to cull these select plants and buy the commercial produced strains they make available ,
un-exceptable IMO....
TS

Latest posts

Latest posts