What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats!

What up Heady,

Those plants were amazing, I just read through your grow. Excellent job man, I love those Blumats, still a little hesitant to use them. Great plants man, can't wait to hear the numbers and see cured picks.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
thanks for all the kind words, friends! i'm so glad i was able to share my grow and i'm so grateful for everything i've learned from this wonderful community! :grouphug:

well i won't keep you waiting any longer! the final numbers are in!

from 4 plants in 4 x #3 smart pots in FFOF fed only tap water with 4-6 ACT applications using a vertical 400w HPS in an extremely height restricted space which necessitates drastic training AND sustaining undesirably high summertime temps for weeks on end.....

I HARVESTED 9 OZ!!!!!!! :party: :party :party:

picture.php

here's a shot of all those top nugs i posted a pic of spread out on my coffee table. 70g of beefy top nugs!

picture.php

i let the widow get a bit drier than i wanted, but it seems to be curing, and i've been smoking the shit out of it :D great functional high that doesn't let you forget you're stoned. love the smell when i open the jar. tastes great and goes down super smooth :smoke:

i just ran the 152g of dried trim and got a small but tasty looking yield of h2o hash. i did not give it 100% effort because i was recently turned on to dry sift my a friend of mine, and the bubble bags seem so clumsy and messy in comparison.

anyway, here's what i got from the 25 and 73 micron bags. i have a 90 micron too but that stuff looks crappy and it got paper stuck in it while it was drying so i'll probably toss it...

picture.php

i'll take some macros of everything in a couple weeks after it's all had a bit more time to cure. until then, check out my balcony grow in my sig!

M

mugenbao

Wow, nice haul bro! Just goes to show what a knowledgeable and dedicated person can do with small spaces :D

:respect:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
thanks guys!

i've been smoking the hell outta my widow :D she is a lovely lovely smoke.

i'm very pleased to report my fears of over-drying past the curable point have been disproven. there is a notable increase in pungency and it seems more delicious every time i smoke it.

this is a shot of the jar i've been smoking out of. i have to explain that i have a ritual/habit of smoking my stash starting from the smallest/least attractive nugs and working my way to the biggest most glorious nug of all (also every nug is smoked from bottom to top). so i basically jarred everything in order of attractiveness and size. so this jar i'm smoking from is my runt jar.

that said, i fucking LOVE smoking my own herb! it's goddamn spiritual. also the widow is a nice, well rounded high that is good for lots of occassions. bit of a creeper too :D

picture.php

M

mugenbao

Glad to hear that the curing is going well, nothing like well-cured homegrown to set your mind right :D
i fucking LOVE smoking my own herb! it's goddamn spiritual.
You and me both, I couldn't agree more! Congrats on the nice harvest :joint:

Nice work Heady, that is an amazing grow, I tell my friends about its setup and they are quite impressed.

I smoke the small nugs first as well, I really don't care where the nug came from on the plant, it is all good.

Peace

silver hawaiian

Veteran
thanks guys!

i have to explain that i have a ritual/habit of smoking my stash starting from the smallest/least attractive nugs and working my way to the biggest most glorious nug of all (also every nug is smoked from bottom to top).

Ditto! I think it's a throwback to my "I might run out of weed" days, where I always figured that as I was getting down to the last of my stash, it was always the best nugs (and the best parts of the best nugs) to get smoked last.

:respect:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything looks great in here HEADY! Do you have anything going on in there right now that you can update?

very inspirational. n u do the same thing i do... i smoke the least attractive nugs first then work my way up i think it justs gets better as u go or seems that way. any way its smoked its great though because u didnt have to pay for it...lol. looks tasty good job!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
aw shucks! :shucks: thanks guys!!!

unfortunately the cab is dormant right now. if you check out the balcony link in my sig you'll see i've been busy seeing how my widow does outdoors (pretty good turns out).

I just harvested that big lady last week, so now i'm gearing up for another round in the cab. I want to change a few things before starting the next round, so i also have been saving up some cashola for the upgrades.

my plan is to upgrade to an axial fan (been using an 8" duct booster this whole time), and make a new filter that fits inside the cab on top of the cool tube. gotta redo some of the light proofing too as i'm planning to have lights on at night (and i don't want the daylight stressin out my babies).

as for the smoke it just keeps getting better as it cures :D :D :D. i've made my way through at least two ounces so far and i'm still loving the smoke. also that weird so-called "blue-dream" cut i grew out is finally starting to show some personality after two months in the jar. it's actually got a very nice aroma and the high is good for muscle relaxing without knocking me out. it was perfect for an injury i was nursing last month.

i'm thinking of running some of my friend's home made beans this next time around. i'm considering some longer flowering varieties, but then i think about how i have a huge head stash of a sat-leaning hybrid (widow) and i start thinking maybe i'd be better off running some power indicas.

oh well, one step at a time i guess. fix up the cab, pop the beans, fire up the HPS, grow the babies :D

thanks again for all the support me micro peeps! :thank you:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
woot! finally had the cash to upgrade the cab!

bought a brand new vortex fan for some serious ventilation boost. i wanted a 6" w/ speed control, but it was too big to fit (story of this cab), so i am going to make due with a 4" (177 cfm).

i got through this summer with an 8" duct booster fan, rated at a similar cfm, although we all know they suck at moving air with any restriction (ie carbon filter).

so i think the vortex will be a huge upgrade, and make a noticeable difference in my running temps.

now all i gotta do is design a filter that will fit in the <5" of space above my cool tube! ha! not to worry, i've got some ideas percolating in the old brain case. i'm thinking something like a carburetor, a flat disk that pulls air in from the edges through a few inches of filter material.

i am very open to suggestions!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
heady

Glad to see you back inside! :tiphat: I think you're on to something with the filter idea. I'm imagining something that's almost pie-shaped, with as high a profile as possible on the sides (as much as space will permit)!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
yes! exactly what i was thinking.

i'm going to drop the cool tube through the cab's floor an inch or so, so that gives me a hair under 5" from the ceiling to the top of the tube.

i'm thinking i can get at least 3" sidewalls on the filter, and have a 1" collar on the bottom to fit into the cool tube.

now all i gotta do is figure out how much surface area i need to be breathable in order to have a good airflow (like what sized disk is going to be equal to the appropriate can filter?).

i'm thinking like 18" diameter or something. that's a roughly 56.5" circumference, times 3" in height, gives me 163.5 square inches of breathable surface area i think.

hmm i think the can 9000 (http://www.canfilters.com/canfilters_9000.html) has around 450 square inches of breathable space.

i think i may need a huge disk. to get 450 sqin of breathable space on the disk it'd have to be 4 feet across!

maybe if i could make it a dome and the entire top surface could be breathable space as well.... hrmmm... :chin:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
now all i gotta do is design a filter that will fit in the <5" of space above my cool tube! ha! not to worry, i've got some ideas percolating in the old brain case. i'm thinking something like a carburetor, a flat disk that pulls air in from the edges through a few inches of filter material.

i am very open to suggestions!

This is what I built to use in my microcab. I bought two small tupperware-type containers, one slightly smaller than the other.

The inner one had its' bottom removed and replaced with a screen which I set with epoxy.

The outer one was painted black (to block light) and had long strips cut out on its sides which butted up with the exhaust holes in my cabinet.

The inner one was filled to about 1" with activated carbon, which lay on the screen. I cut a 4" duct hole in the lid of the smaller container, and then cut a hole large enough to fit the smaller container in the lid of the large container.

Dirty air flows in through the holes in the large container, down through the screen in the bottom of the small container, up through the carbon bed and then out through the exhaust vent in the top. When you need to change your carbon, simply pop the lid off and replace it.

Net cost (including carbon) ~$20.

This idea could be scaled to whatever size you wanted. This one was good enough to handle my whole cabinet and carbon only had to be changed twice in two years.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Another thought:

How long is the chamber? What if you made a very small cylindrical DIY "can filter" using pantyhose and chicken wire that ran the entire length of your cabinet and attached to a 6" fan? So it only takes up 5" but it stretches 2 or 3 feet? That would give you a lot more surface area.

Latest posts

Latest posts