What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats!

im not sure if it would work ... havent seen or tried to do this but its a good thought for ur space. they make ducting in the rectangle form... 3x6 or sumthing like that, that u could use the same specs as a DiY can filter just square it off and make it as long as u like. im not sure on the sizes of the ducts in the form nor am i sure if this would work or not. but it would add a large enough surface area for ur fan to suck efficently.
if it was 6x3 and 6in long it would roughly be a 7sq foot(110sq in) surface area if i did the math correctly.

as i said this is just an idea as i havent seen anything done like this.

a big wide bowl/dish ontop of ur cool tube with 2 lids(carbon between the lids) or a smaller bowl in the bigger bowl with the lid on it to hold the carbon. cut a hole in the bottom for connecting to ur tube. air comes in the top of the dish and down threw ur tube. just another idea and somthing like u were thinking.
good luck with whatever u come up with. u stuck a 400 in that space and made it work no doubt u'll figure out how to scrubb it efficently.

thinkin

low profile carbon filter

low profile carbon filter

my solution works like a charm.
cheap, easy to make, all parts easy to find at the store.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=209154

Current cabinet, i just lay the "filter" on top of cabinet/fan.
Bolted the fan inside top of cabinet. (left a ton of extra filter to overlap edges)
120mm pc fan is rated 110 cfm works well cheap too newegg $9 per when you order 2. order more price goes down. ( add screen to bottom of fan.. else girls grow into the fans.)

need more cfms just add another fan/scrubber.

Noise isnt bad but not like using the 19 dba 120mm coolmaster fans but its only 69 cfms.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
thanks for the suggestions, friends!

anti- i wish i could do a box like that. it looks ridiculously easy to reload. if i had the space i'd try blowing through one like that.

i am avoiding using a canister inside because the necessary hose i'd have to run. i've heard even a 90* angle can dramatically reduce flow rates, so i'm going to try to avoid any bends in the system.

rollin- i totally had a similar idea with the bowl shape. i even bought some mesh kitchen strainers of different sizes to see how it would work. i think it would end up being very difficult to fill with carbon, and almost impossible to re-fill. it would look really good tho...

thinkin- thanks for the suggestion! but those pc fans are way too small for my set up :D

here's what i came up with after a brainstorming session:

picture.php

well heres an idea to get a decent frame to hold the carbon if your going for the circle shape. craft stores sell circle frames for sewing... forgot exactly what its called. but are made to wrap in canvas and u can sew a pic into it. not sure on the sizes that are made or even if they still make them the way they used to with wood. from my memory they were about an inch thick and came in sizes up to like a 2 foot diameter. would be like a pre-built tray to hold ur carbon just have to wrap it with a screen instead of canvas. u could change it easily by sliding it in and out threw the front of the cab. at the top where your goin to slide it in and out only have it held in place at the sides and in the back so its easier on u.

this is going with ur design by the way. Im not sure if they even still sell these things because i havent been ina craft store in about 10 years but this thing popped in my head when i seen what u were thinking.

thinkin

over complicating?

over complicating?

Ques: Do you have to scrub your cool tube?

With such a small space, least amount of restriction on the C.T. the better. Is it possible mount the intake outside the cabinet/space?
Only major downside of no scrubber on the C.T. is noise.

Then have a dedicated exhaust scrubber(s).

congrats on working that space !

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
okay so I gotta stick with the single ventilation system, no space for separate light and scrubbing ventilation.

I'm actually intending air to move through the sides and not the base of the cone, since there will only be an inch or less of space between the flat surface and the ceiling.

I am probably going to jigsaw out two circles for the base, one 22" diameter and the other around 18". 1/4" MDF board (aka masonite) is what I'll use. I'll also cut a fewlittle triangles to support the inner screen and keep it from collapsing inward.

attach the triangles to the smaller circle, attach hardware cloth + polyester fine screen to small base and fit around triangles. attatch screens to larger ciircle and fill inbetween space with carbon. use a short length of 6" pipe to seal gap and create mounting collar. done!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
thats a nicely done cab man love how everthing is set up...makes me envision a bigger version of that for a bedroom. a long trim is a good one means theres more nug to trim lol.....

Secrecy

HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats!

Heady your grows always amaze me, respect!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
HEADY'S CAB IS RETURNING FOR ROUND THREE :D

no more fucking around. the ventilation upgrade is going to be amazing.

picture.php

picture.php

i also successfully revegged my dieselrella keeper from my mom selection run in the fall.

picture.php

looks like you got it figured out. cant wait to see it up and running again. good idea to double up the surface intake area with the filters. the only thing the i see that might be of concern to you would be the noise from the fan and the ducts if you havent thought about that yet. personally i would set it up and see how loud it is and then decide if the muffler is needed or not. oh and a reminder to keep the ducts from the filters to the fan the same length following the rule of "taking the path of least resistance".

no matter what you do your gona kill it with an upgraded exaust and that 400 with less heat in that space. keep doin what ur doin i wana see it up and running again.

chiroman

My god this is a fantastic grow. That reservoir design blew my effin mind! I always think "float valves" which scare the crap out of me flooding wise, and you design this system that is almost flood proof. Well other than the blumats which could flood (they also scare me). Bravo. :D :D :D

WOW. Just read through these 14 pages of pure gold and I wish I had another 14 to read. Truly incredible stuff brotha, and those harvested nugs look delicious!

That new fan setup looks trick! How many degrees above ambient are you with your current setup? Think it would be possible to keep temps in check well enough to do a SWC?

How are you intaking fresh air? Passive intake?

Again bravo! You've got me hooked on this design for sure! It's EXACTLY suited for my space and needs. Can't wait to start treading in your footsteps :)

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
thank you for the kind words friends!

SHF keep me up to date on your progress.

work has been keeping me from finishing my cab. i've been doing 12-15 hour days for the last 21 consecutive days. i might die from exhaustion.

if not, i'll be making more regular updates over the next couple months when my schedule opens up.

in the meantime, i've got a DGS dieselrella from my outdoor seed selection run last summer that is finally looking happy after the reveg process.

also have a tray of seedlings growing away. i'll share more info about these babies next week.

:joint:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
so now that my schedule has eased up a bit, i was able to knock out the new ventilation system. it runs great, now we just have to wait for my upcoming stinkfest to go to flower.

i've currently got seedlings of chemd x mat and to x bmr, plus i'll be taking cuttings from my dieselrella mom in the next few days.

picture.php

here's a peek at the inside:

picture.php

recycled my soil again. amended with:

malibu compost (super nice biodynamic diary cow manure based)
homemade ewc
a little more DE
kelp meal
azomite
neem seed meal

i ran out of my home made ewc, so i'll be supplementing with a topdress of the locally produced ewc i used on my outdoor grow last year. good stuff.

my soil mix, wet and dry:

picture.php

here it is in my new mini bed. i have two of these, one for each side. they are #20 square smart pots that i folded down.

picture.php

and i'm very proud to announce that i'll be joining mad librettist's living mulch movement. i am nearly done with masanobu fukuoka's the one straw revolution as well, and i see that mad has been bringing wise concepts like living mulch to our attention here at icmag. tiphat:

i got a ton of seeds becuase i'll be applying them to my vegetable garden as well as my medical garden. 3 types of clover, white dutch, rose, and crimson, all pre-coated with rhizobium innoculant! so cool! also buckwheat and an annual variety of ryegrass.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts