What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Headbanger

Bowser1226

Finally ready to grow...

Finally ready to grow...

Just germing a pack of Headbanger now. I've had them since mid summer... Planning to veg for roughly 6 weeks and hoping for 6 females. I've run biker kush 2.0 and sour power og a couple years ago, they both did very well.

Attachments

• PXL_20201231_174131398.jpg
    PXL_20201231_174131398.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 52

Minitiger

Just harvested three Headbangers. Does anybody know how to post pics here? I can't figure it out, which is ridiculous. Why does icmag make posting photos so difficult?

Blazeee

Veteran
Yeah, this is fucking stupid. Get your shit together, icmag, and make posting pics easier.

If you want to post large pics, at the bottom of the post where you can reply, click 'Go Advanced' , then on the right of the page click on 'insert images'. A box will pop open with your pics, it has 3 drop down boxes, on the 2nd make sure to select 'original only' and it will post your pic full size.

Minitiger

If you want to post large pics, at the bottom of the post where you can reply, click 'Go Advanced' , then on the right of the page click on 'insert images'. A box will pop open with your pics, it has 3 drop down boxes, on the 2nd make sure to select 'original only' and it will post your pic full size.

Yeah, I just tried. I was only able to post that one pic. I’d forgotten why I never come around here anymore. Now I remember.

Blazeee

Veteran
Yeah, I just tried. I was only able to post that one pic. I’d forgotten why I never come around here anymore. Now I remember.

Make sure you are clicking on the 'insert images' box on the right hand side of the page, it is a blue button, visible below the Smilies. (Not to be confused with the insert image option at the top of the page, which will only allow you to post one image at a time.)

You should have a window pop up, where you can keep clicking images, up to a maximum of 5.

At the top of this window that pops up, you will have 3 drop down boxes. The second box will say 'Thumbnail, Linked to original', click that box and change it to 'original only' and your pics will become full size.

Btw I checked your pictures out and your headbangers looked great :)

Tynehead Tom

In preparation for this years greenhouse run, I sent a pack of Headbanger for a soak the other day. It was pack with 12 seeds and 9 have cracked and been potted up so far.
While I was at it I threw down a pack of 24K White and most of those are potted up now too.
Gonna be a whole lotta 'good Karma' gear in my greenhouse this season :headbange :smoke out: :headbange

sentenz69

Hi ^^

I love this plant.
Since the time that I wanted to cultivate it, I am impressed Headbanger. I hope to find a good mother plant.

Vibes in your gardens

kro-magnon

Veteran
This is some pics of my Headbanger females, they were grown at the time of the first release of this strain if I make no mistake around 2017.
First 3 pics is a grow with Headbangers clones and Prayer Tower clones
The last 2 pics was a multi strains grow with Headbanger, Jack O Nesia, Strawberry-banana Cream( Karma freebes), Peyote Purple and Skylotus.

Attachments

• Photo1209.jpg
    Photo1209.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Photo1212.jpg
    Photo1212.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Photo1258.jpg
    Photo1258.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Photo1259.jpg
    Photo1259.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Photo1260.jpg
    Photo1260.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Minitiger

nice looking plant Minitiger ... update on smell/taste/smoke?

Yeah, it’s good weed.

Haha, anyway, so I’ve been growing Bodhi almost exclusively the last five years, this was my first run not growing anything by Bodhi. Ended up growing Moonshine Haze, Starkiller (I just wanted to check those out, even though RD’s reputation isn’t the greatest), Greenpoint’s California Cannon (ditto GPS’ reputation) and the Headbanger, which is easily the best from this last harvest and actually my favorite weed from my last two or three grows.

I ended up with three females, the #2, #4 and #5. When I first trimmed and jarred, I was really sticking my nose in the flowers to try to get a sense of the smell, but as they’ve cured, I haven’t been paying too much attention to how it smells. All three were pretty sour-smelling initially. Not like “lemon sour” and not “cheesy sour” but just “sour.” It’s hard to explain. And then each pheno also has some other stuff going on, unique to that pheno. There’s musk, chemical cleaner, floral.... It smells good and honestly, when I first started cracking jars, if I didn’t know what strain it was, I’d feel confident guessing Sour Diesel. It’s pretty close, although that’s been changing as they’ve cured.

The #2 and the #4 I haven’t been smoking lately (I’ll get to why in a second), but they’re both really good. Really tasty. Again, it’s a sour flavor, but it’s not that unique “Sour Diesel flavor” that nothing else tastes like. It doesn’t have that skunky/funky/fuel-y thing going on that real SD does (especially compared to the California Cannons I ran this grow, which are pretty fucking fuel-y). The flavor doesn’t coat your mouth and keep evolving 20 or 30 minutes later like real SD does, either. But it’s tasty.

The #5 is all I’ve been smoking the last five days and I’ll tell you why. The first jar of the #5 really smoked very differently than the other two Headbangers. It was a much, much more lethargic stone (not my favorite kinda high) that always ended up knocking me out, no matter what time of day I smoked it. But I cracked the second jar of the #5 five days ago and it’s completely different. Obviously, it’s cured for longer than the first jar, but I wouldn’t think that an extra two or three weeks sealed up would make that much of a difference. But it did.

First of all, the flavor is unreal. It isn’t anything like Sour Diesel (if you can’t tell by now, I think Sour Diesel is the best-tasting weed ever), but it is the best-tasting weed of the three Headbangers. And I grew these looking for a decent representation of Sour Diesel. I don’t mind that this tastes pretty different, though. It’s spicy on the inhale and the exhale is really, really floral, followed by a nice pinch of sour in my cheeks. But that’s so understating it. I smoked a bowl of it through a dirty bong the first time I packed a bowl from the second jar, not expecting it to taste much different than the first jar, but the difference in flavor was so noticeable that I busted out all new clean glass for subsequent sessions. It tastes reeeeeeallllyyyy fucking good. Kind of a classic “OG” flavor really, that spicy/floral flavor with an added sour twist at the end. But more than that. It tastes amazing.

The high is also totally different. The first time I cracked that second jar, right before bed, I was anticipating it to smoke like the first jar, all lethargic and sleepy and shit. Wrong. I was up for like two hours, thinking about things in a very complex, creative and positive way. As I’ve gotten used to it, it’s become more of an “anytime of day” kinda weed. All three of the Headbangers are really good that way; if I smoke it early in the day, it motivates me if I have stuff to do, but I can smoke it later in the evening, too, and just relax. It’s excellent weed for sure. But that #5, man.... It tastes so fucking good. Like I said, it’s my favorite weed from my last few grows and I’ve been growing some pretty dang good weed.

Also, beware the munchies! All three of the HB’s make me insanely hungry. But they don’t make me pass out after I eat gross-huge meals haha. I’m also prone to panic attacks, but the HB is such a comfortable high. It kinda creeps and takes about twenty minutes to fully hit me, which is great for me. I don’t like it when I’m instantly high as shit.

This entire grow was posted elsewhere, along with more in-depth smoke reports. If you Google something like “minitiger headbanger grow” I’m sure it’ll come right up. I’d post the name of the site, but icmag doesn’t allow that (LAME). I’d post pictures here, too, but icmag makes posting pictures here a total pain in the ass, as well (LAME).

Anyway, like I said, it’s good weed haha. I didn’t take clones this run, but I still have 31 seeds; at some point I’m gonna do a bigger run and try to find a keeper. That’ll be difficult, though, because I’m super-happy with all three of the females I grew this round.

Last edited:

sentenz69

Hi ^^

Harvest Day for her.
I hope it will be as powerful as I find it beautiful.

Vibes in your gardens :tiphat:

Attachments

• photo2027866.jpg
    photo2027866.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 56
  • photo2027867.jpg
    photo2027867.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 49
  • fetch?photoid=17800670.jpg
    fetch?photoid=17800670.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 54

Latest posts