What's new

Headbanger

Pro Headies

Veteran
I have couple questions for those of you who have grown this a few times.

I have 3 of these and its my first time of growing this strain. It does seem to be a bit more difficult but Im also growing these in 3 gallon pots due to space restrictions. This is a pheno hunt and I only let them veg about 4 weeks to keep them on the small side.

My question is how early in flower do they start to show fade for most of you? Im now on day 45 and while they have had a little early fade from what looked like maybe a N shortage. I have been feeding them liquid fert and the flowers look fine. At this point they almost look ready for some reason. I have not scoped the trichs yet though.

All 3 are different pheno and one of them is showing a fair amount of purple leaves, and one has a just touch of purple at this point. The last one is the one that is tallest and the most spindly and overall the healthiest one but has no purple. It stayed greener on the fan leaves. But now its fading as well. Im curious which one is the more sour leaning one but Im not sure what to look for. Plan is to harvest, dry and cure a month and decide which one has the best smoke. I have 2 clones of each and the best smoke will become a bonsai mom. I dont have the room to keep all 3 since I have only room for so many and I already have one Elmers Glue and plan on doing a Gorilla Bubble next followed by (hopefully I can nab seeds) a Sour D. Hope by end of year to have 3-4 moms and just grow those strains. And dial them in using my normal 7 gallon bags.

Is this the average experience for most? Do they fade at the 5-6 week and just push them along to 9-10 weeks? They actually look at this point like an 7-8 week of flowering strain. I guess I just let them go past that and just go by the trichs?

i ran 7 females and still have 2 of them at this point after few harvests. I never seen any purple on any of them. They also stay nice looking leaf wise and keep developing in size until week 8 id say. Harvest window for all of mine was 9-11 weeks but my keepers are 65 days.

Do you have any pictures? Where did you get your seeds from?

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
:tiphat:
picture.php

kalopatchkid

Veteran
This is my HB keeper. The flowers don't get purple but the leaves do during the fade and its very rare for me to see any sort of color besides green or yellow where I'm growing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2146.jpg
    IMG_2146.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1981.jpg
    IMG_1981.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Widow P

Hi.

Sorry for the pixs... Now it's OK.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• HBmales.jpg
    HBmales.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 19
  • HBmale bis.jpg
    HBmale bis.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 21

Earlmarne

Nice looking lady. Which pheno did you keep? I'm running 5 and they all feed different. My lanky OG lady can't get enough calcium.
Is that an og trait? I got one pheno that was same. Lanky and always showing deficiency when others bordered over fed.
She will have to wait for me to make a mother and do a run devoted to her.
My 2 lighter feeders get next run, as long as cuts take

Is that an og trait? I got one pheno that was same. Lanky and always showing deficiency when others bordered over fed.
She will have to wait for me to make a mother and do a run devoted to her.
My 2 lighter feeders get next run, as long as cuts take
I'm not sure if it's an OG trait but I've ready they are heavy calmag feeders, but I'd say more calcium with the yellowing leaves. These lady's are feeding fairly heavy around 7 weeks. I've cut back my N a little bit still giving them lots pk I have a shorter pheno with a different flower structure than the rest. Seems easier to grow but I like them all. When my lights are on you can really smell that funk but when the light is off, it's a very sour citrus smell

Widow P

Hi.
Four Headbanger bloom day 26 and pollen harvest (5 males)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• HB_Pollen.jpg
    HB_Pollen.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 19
  • HB#4_D26.jpg
    HB#4_D26.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 19