What's new

Headband

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:crazy: thread,, NEVER heard of it!!!

n.b. in the UK single clones are donated for free,, it's only when there's tray of them ppl start parting with cash!

K

kopite

n.b. in the UK single clones are donated for free,, it's only when there's tray of them ppl start parting with cash!

round my way people are starting to develop a big clone market more so in the last 2 years....

elite clones can bring elitist attitudes.......

Crush

UPDATE:

ThE NUG REPORT - by SmUgGLeR *HEADBAND*

only the real Cannabis Connoisseur’s know about HEAD BAND!!!!
ITS part of the Chem dawg family!!! Aka DIESEL FAM!!!!
this strain tastes like a pine tree forest in you mouth!!!!!
and 2 Hits FUCK YOU HEAD UP!!!!! VERY NARCATICO HIGH!!!!!
this batch happened to be GREENHOUSE too!!!
WHICH IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!!!!!

headband.jpg

The Nug Report ~ HEADBAND OG

The many varieties of Headband are huge in L.A., rumored to make you feel like you’re wearing an invisible version of its namesake on yo forehead. Real Headband, a cross between OG Kush and Sour Diesel sativa, is known for big buds, packing the heavy punch of an Indica. I was shocked as all shit to open this onion-pine pungent bottle of Headband OG and find all these tiny little green men wiggling around inside. They jumped onto my surru board like a million martian lemmings, light green and powdery, reeking and looking like the funkiest herb Michaelangelo might grow (the stoned Ninja Turtle, not the artist). These tiny nuggest are perfect for neat packing. Headband OG has a clean taste, with a fitting flavor of light mossiness to the exhale. At first ripper, our heads felt pleasantly light. A few more, and soon our focus started going, though we were short of drooling or missing the beat. The high is pleasing, but not sleepy, and definitely happening in that frontal lobe.

headband.jpg

I'm pretty sure the "real headband" is not sourdieselxOG. There are multiple cuts and im pretty sure the 707headband is not the original it was just given that name. There is headband, daywreaker, original diesel and all of these are different pheno types of "headband". This is all just my opinion and what I was told. So sorry for stirring the shit pot.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Headband is very debilitating in my opinion, would just swarm your brain with absolute xtc, put you in a daze.

Then there is Kali Mist, now that is a whole different demon.

Hmmm... I wonder about Kali Mist, rnrmf... I grew it out and found it to be of only average potency...

Man, this headband could be another silver bullet, but I've been through this too many times. I'll wait and see what happens....

Very interestinK....

K++

P

Paco

this thread is all hype from one guy who is very excited about his strain. I think its funny. I had a real big hardon for my trinity blueberry cross i made for a while, just cuz i felt like i picked a good pheno. Good pot comes and goes, besides taste in pot is completely subjective.

:2cents:

Crush

this thread is all hype from one guy who is very excited about his strain. I think its funny. I had a real big hardon for my trinity blueberry cross i made for a while, just cuz i felt like i picked a good pheno. Good pot comes and goes, besides taste in pot is completely subjective.

:2cents:

Well I re-visited the origional post on the first page and saw that I gave a link to a place that has cuttings. Unfortunately, their Headband cuttings are sold out already! http://www.goodkarmagrowers.com/clonemenu.html

There are a few people here on the forum growing out some Headband. One has the Loompas cut which is very exciting news.

worldpress had an article that Headband is the most desired strain in Humboldt County and versions are popping up all over LA with many collectives having trouble keeping it in stock.

Threads on other forums have users asking about which dispenseries currently have Headband. Many pay crazy amounts. Here's an excerpt of current discussion:

Ive had lots of headband's..and alot of weak "707 headband" LoL..the best i had hands down is at Ventura/Tampa in Encino(co-op not listed on wt). i believe its sour diesel x og kush back crossed to sour diesel if my memory serves right. one hell of a strain!
I believe the co-op you are talking about is HC Remedies, if I am correct from what I can remember their 707 headband is truely one of the best meds they had there
KBCC in chatsworth, two types 818 and 707, excellent 707.
Rez Dog claims he already released Headband a while back but it was called something else which he said is the same thing.

SoCal Seeds here on the forum are working on releasing Heabdand. This I assume to be the most trust worthy source for Headband (becuase they're in California).

Some say 707 Headband is actually the 'newer' Headband and some say it's better than the old version. There may be a third 'very elite' version which is newer, not 707, not the origional, but outright elite.

Here's what another user is saying:

Before I left, I obtained some of the previously mentioned 707 as well as some Herojuana and some Murder OG from the GranadaHillz Heroez. Anyway, when I got back, which was close to midnight. I went home and snapped 1 707. Despite the initial head and lung expanding blast, my immediate and usual reaction was to load another. Well by the time that I turned to my nug and reached for it, I thought I'd better hold off for a moment. Good thing I did because I could not believe how much of a headmed it was and the high level of potency.
Oh also I found some seeds from California (finally!) (actually this whole time I thought Rez was in California! hehe) These are the closest I could find. Very expensive but.. I have Amnesia Haze/Lemon Haze coming and I'm going to put those grows on hold if I can grow Headband. well you guys tell me what you think:

CHEM-HEAD" GENETIC MAKEUP IS ORIGINAL HEADBAND DIESEL(HUGE YIELDING) X CHEMDAWG D BX..UNREAL DANK JUST LIKE THE CLONES 9-9.5
WEEKS FLOWER TIME.

HEADBAND DIESEL X ULTIMATE CHEMDAWG.

"ULTIMATE CHEM D 08" TOTALLY WHITE CHEMDAWG D X SOUR OG KUSH AKA CHEMDAWG D 08 MEETS ULTIMATE CHEMDAWG AKA CHEMDAWG 1991 X
CHEMDAWG D BX=75%CHEMDAWG/25%SOUR OG KUSH..9 WEEKS FLOWER TIME. (similar to 707?)

JLP OG X SD IBL F2=10 WKS TO BUD
(similar to 707?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I sampled headband in NYC, maybe 5+ years ago, and it is as good as ANYTHING out there! Very, very strong. 1st quality.
Cali seems to be all about the name game. Have not sampled the 707, but have heard its not so great.
Had dinner with an old friend, last week, and viola, he has access to the east coast headband, looking forward to sampling her again.

N

nekoloving

I sampled headband in NYC, maybe 5+ years ago, and it is as good as ANYTHING out there! Very, very strong. 1st quality.
Cali seems to be all about the name game. Have not sampled the 707, but have heard its not so great.
Had dinner with an old friend, last week, and viola, he has access to the east coast headband, looking forward to sampling her again.

eh 707 / 818 is so so - I've had really good batches of headband, but i think those were crosses. i had something CALLED platinum headband which was one of the headbands crossed back on itself [sorry don't know which genetics]

in general i think that most of the ppl's headband i tried just don't know the strain's sweet spots or whatnot. - I've a heavy tolerance, but every time the headband has been any good it's been VERY VERY couch lock. [try 5 grams = 5 days - on a tolerance!!!]. can be either great or crappy meds ;)

maxima32

see i always thought head band was a east coast thing, along with the mass super skunk, chemdawg and original diesel. how did these strains end up in cali?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Diesel #1 one of the original Chemdog seeds. That is what Headband is... 707 is something else.... Yet another strain name diluted. It just happens...

N

nekoloving

see i always thought head band was a east coast thing, along with the mass super skunk, chemdawg and original diesel. how did these strains end up in cali?

The first rule of fight club is -- you don't talk about fight club. The second rule of fight club is -- you don't talk about fight club. The third rule of fight club is -- when someone says "stop" or goes limp, the fight is over. Fourth rule is -- only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule -- one fight at a time. Sixth rule -- no shirts, no shoes. Seventh rule -- fights go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule -- if this is your first night at fight club, you have to fight.

19970-bigthumbnail.jpg

[not a flame~!!~]

maxima32

Dude I dont get it, and I aint tryin to fight but I had the pleasure of the experience of east coast headband. I was under the impression that it was originated on the east coast. Maybe i am wrong. Believe me, I aint hating on cali, They got shit on lock. But if i am mistaken please enlighten me on where it originates.

headimonster

and IMO CRUSH: the 707 Headband sucks, did it last year, super watered down diesel genes....made me mad....it was just something that just made me wanna burn the real chem/diesel

Oledad420

UPDATE:

ThE NUG REPORT - by SmUgGLeR *HEADBAND*

only the real Cannabis Connoisseur’s know about HEAD BAND!!!!
ITS part of the Chem dawg family!!! Aka DIESEL FAM!!!!
this strain tastes like a pine tree forest in you mouth!!!!!
and 2 Hits FUCK YOU HEAD UP!!!!! VERY NARCATICO HIGH!!!!!
this batch happened to be GREENHOUSE too!!!
WHICH IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!!!!!

headband.jpg

The Nug Report ~ HEADBAND OG

The many varieties of Headband are huge in L.A., rumored to make you feel like you’re wearing an invisible version of its namesake on yo forehead. Real Headband, a cross between OG Kush and Sour Diesel sativa, is known for big buds, packing the heavy punch of an Indica. I was shocked as all shit to open this onion-pine pungent bottle of Headband OG and find all these tiny little green men wiggling around inside. They jumped onto my surru board like a million martian lemmings, light green and powdery, reeking and looking like the funkiest herb Michaelangelo might grow (the stoned Ninja Turtle, not the artist). These tiny nuggest are perfect for neat packing. Headband OG has a clean taste, with a fitting flavor of light mossiness to the exhale. At first ripper, our heads felt pleasantly light. A few more, and soon our focus started going, though we were short of drooling or missing the beat. The high is pleasing, but not sleepy, and definitely happening in that frontal lobe.

headband.jpg

Dude have you ever smoked/grown/or even seen any of the "headband" cuts you keep hyping or are you just reading what other write and getting wood over it? Ohhhh and I hate to bust your fucking bubble, but you "nug report" is full of shit, the real headband IS NOT OG Kush x Sour Diesel, since the REAL headband was around before either one of those, if you are going to hype the shit out of something, try to atleast use truthful info so the kids dont get confused more then they already are.

Great strain, if only I had a way to get an true elite cut or beans. Anyone have any info on a bank that has genuine beans of this strain? I've smoked the true headband a few times and the taste and high was beautiful.