What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazydreams Closet AKA BB 3.0

hazydreams

picture.php

this is 2 days after the last double shot above. as you can see things have really started taking off. At this rate the 12 and 12 flip might be in 7-10 days.

i crushed the top two branches on each to slow the stretch and let the bottom of the plant catch up to the top. You can see the screen in the background. its stalking its prey! i really dont plan to let these get much bigger before the flip as if you fill the screen even only 3/4's the sativa will make you pay. look at the other pictures earlier in the thread. That was with a durban poison plant that was slightly less stretchy then the Haze you see here.

The plan is to top once more and keep the spread east to west and prevent north growing by crushing stems. screen height will be 6-8inches from the bucket lids. I'm going to train for the screen only during the flowering stretch. right now im after branches and even canopy...

start ppm 945

+3gal of PH'd water

End ppm 836

PH ~6.0

63 ppm and 3 gallons in two days..... I think i like the stability the chiller is giving me. when i was operating with out it this was a major hassle.

Last edited:

hazydreams

Sentinel Experience?

Sentinel Experience?

anyone out there have Sentinel experience. I'm wondering if the probe that the CHHC 4 has also reads the co2 PPM in the room. While i do not have room to mount the entire panel in the box i could add the probe and mount the control panel to the door.

If it does I'm seriously considering the purchase. i know i must be insane for spending the cost of the entire system on a environmental controller. but the allure of running co2 injection in perfect harmony with air cycle needs is just a beautiful thing and would truly take this box over the top!

i also suspect that with c02 injection this could break 4 ounces per square foot under optimal conditions and care. i mean 56g dry from a square foot with no co2 and root rot is pretty nice, i wish some of my older large set up were pushing those numbers per square foot....

KISS does not apply to my world. haha!

Man haze, this stuff is WAY over my head! You weren't lying about going more complicated. I will have to pick your brain if/when I decide on converting to hydro in the next grow or so.

hazydreams

ok so 4 days since the first picture post of this run. i think its about 14 days total. they are HAMMERING. stem size is twice what the last ones produced. Im keeping an eye on the root situation. This is when the rot usually occurs, and even with the chiller excuse me if I'm a bit paranoid, the quality of the last batch was still awesome even with the RR monster hurting my yield :).

I'm leaning towards being more aggressive when i prune on the larger plant to try and get her in line with the other plant. Some crushing and extra topping cant hurt her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Things are looking good. the deficiency has disappeared. the additional cal mag appears to have gone over well. the root mass has more then doubled as well as on top of the bucket as you can see. Topping maybe tomorrow then installation of the screen and flip the light by Monday. and we are off to the races people!

PPM Water Usage and PH update to follow.

hazydreams

Flo Time.

Flo Time.

we are off to the races people.

The screen has been added and the stretch will start shortly. November 1st will the be the start of the 73 day cycle for the haze. Wednesday i will perform a water change and add some Ionic Boost, cal mag and Ionic Flower to the mix. I'm considering picking up diamond nectar and adding it because of the fulvic acid content...

heres the start of flower.

picture.php

picture.php

I used clear adhesive hooks for ease of screen placement and honestly at 2 bucks for a 6 pack if i need to change the height ill just get another set. im worried about the stretch these are going to exhibit. For scale reference each cell in the screen is exactly 1 inch.

:dance013:

PPM Start: 843 @ .5
PH Start : 5.8

Water used: 3 gallons

PPM End: 795 @ .5
PH End: 6.0

Last edited:

hazydreams

Flower Day 3

Flower Day 3

things are progressing nicely.

I'm 80% sure these two wont overgrow the space too much. Im hoping the haze is slightly less stretchy then the durban!

i did some selective fan leave trimming to open up some space for the lower branches to grow up into the screen. I shot before and after. I didn't go crazy but i did remove a nice pile of shading leaves and things look a little sparse but its not that bad.

Before

picture.php

After

picture.php

Water change day!

75ml Ionic Flower
25ml Boost
80ml Cal Mag

PPM: 880
PH: 5.8

I'm Keeping the dose low for the time being ill dial up the ppm up to around a 1000 as my top number.

next update will be Monday!

hazydreams

Thanks green is good! I'm trying to keep them happy! I think I'm spoiled though, the haze is a dream to grow compared to the durban or some of the more finicky strains I've attempted.

hazydreams

well my training efforts have paid off. the canopy is starting to look good. the stretch really hasn't even begun. i think that ill stop manipulating the branches laterally from here out and letting them all grow towards the light with a little crushing to stop some of the more aggressive branches. I see that I'm going to have to stay on top of shade leave trimming! its packing itself in deep and pissed off at that light!

PPM Start: 930 @ .5
PH Start: 6.0

Water Usage: 5 gal
PH Down: +4ml

PPM Finish: 854 @ .5
PH Finish: 5.8

Air temp: 72*F
Water temp: 65*F

picture.php

Last edited:

hazydreams

as you can see things are still moving along nicely. Sorry its boring and i don't have any fires for you guys to put out... plants look good over all. Stretch has started off nicely and I'm being careful not to overcrowd the space. Id like a micro scrog expert to give me a little insight... (Verdant you out there? :wave:) other wise its moving along. Some of the tops have been crushed in this picture to slow them down.

I pulled the water temp up to appx. 69*. no other changes other then a light maintenance dose of 5ml ionic flower, 5 ml boost and 20ml of aqua sheild.

PPM Start: 996
PH Start: 6.5

Water Usuage: 5 gallons
Nutrients added: 5ml Ionic Flower, 5ml Ionic Boost, 20ml Aquasheild
+5ml PH down

PPM End: 882
PH End: 5.8

Air temp:74*
Water Temp: 69*

picture.php

Thanks to all who are watching! :dance013:

hazydreams

picture.php

i sit here toking on some fine bubble hash thinking that its amazing how fast they grow. seems every time i open the door its grown two inches. but alas i do stupid things from time to time. this time being one of the stems i crushed was broken today when i mistakenly grabbed it and tried to change its position.... :cry: my perfect canopy......

you'd never see it tho from the density in there. I'm just a little peeved that it was one of the main stem colas. these are the snags you hit when you manipulate them to this extent. over all i am ecstatic with this things performance this time around. BTW if you look closely we have BUDS!

hazydreams

Water Change Day!

Water Change Day!

Sorry no pictures too busy with the H20 xchange. Every two weeks people! im a firm believer in that! i have run entire crops with the same water ala the bio bucket system and honestly.... not my cup of tea. too much to go wrong!

Old water was around 1010ppm comming out with a pH of 6.0 or so.

From what i do know, AquaShield is GREAT SH*T i apply it at 10 ml per gallon. keeps everything in balance and is added insurance against Root Rot. The roots look good. i wish i could take some shots but the screen and all makes it pretty hard to get a camera in there. i mixed up some Ionic Bloom and Boost. 75ml and 25ml respectivly. its just over the recommended amount on the feeding schedule. I added a very light dose of Cal mag, 40ML total.

I did another light shade leaf trim to try and give everything there a chance at that "Wheat Style" scrog!

for you hydro guys out there how do my plants look more or less feed needed? hopefully they are spot on for everyones taste. they look perfect to me!

PPM Start: 1010

Water Useage: 5 gallons
25 gals for Water change
Nutrients added: 135ml Ionic Flower, 40ml Ionic Boost, 250ml Aquasheild, 40ml CalMag
+5ml PH down

PPM End: 1000

Air temp:68*
Water Temp: 69*

PPMs look high but after adding calmag my PPMS were almost 600 as a base!

:dance013:

Bonavendura

You have some serious plumping skills there , and DIY skills if i have you somewhere near RDWC or UC will be my choice for sure.

You screen looks wonderfull now even if i was skeptik when i saw you 1 inche squares.
I see that you use Ionic wich is your opinion for this stuff?
why you don't use GH and why are you using Cal mag?
Wich is you ionic veg and flower ratio ?

hazydreams

@ BV, Thanks for stopping by man. I appreciate you looking around. ill try to answer your questions the best i can. BTW what voltage are you running where you are at?

You screen looks wonderfull now even if i was skeptik when i saw you 1 inche squares.

Thanks man! it was no cake walk. the 1 inch squares make things a little difficult i will admit. 2x2 would be better for training, as it is now i have to catch them when they are young other wise ill snap the stems trying to stuff it thru the hole,

I see that you use Ionic wich is your opinion for this stuff?

I like Ionic. back in the day when i started you had two choices, GH or Ionic and i chose the black bottle and never looked back. Ionic Bloom Hard Water and Ionic Boost are great products.

why you don't use GH and why are you using Cal mag?

See above why i dont use GH. Cal mag was a new addition to this grow. I dont use RO, my tap is pretty sweet giving me 150-200ppm water at all times. at first i thought i didint need it but then the aggervating Ca deficency would show up in younger plants and at later stages. i started supplimenting at 2 ML/gallon and worked my way up to 5 ml per gallon. now i backed off to 1.5ml/gal in flowering to not lock anything out.

Wich is you ionic veg and flower ratio ?

interestingly enough i dont use the grow anymore. This entire grow was done with the bloom and i dont see much difference. if you were wondering about my Bloom to Boost ratio, well id tell you but then id have to kill you... Nah :eek:) its about 6ml/gal of Bloom and 2ml/gal of Boost. these fluctuate tho. I often up the boost during flower until i see a slight clawing and then back it down. the haze variety will take upwards of 3.5 ml per gallon of boost at peak flowering under a 1000hps, excuse me if im wary pushing those numbers in my little mini set up here the boost is powerful stuff.

@ SP, thanks man! i've been lurking in your thread checking out that micro cab of yours. pretty sick!

hazydreams

They are feeding heavy people. 168 ppm drop in 4 days. :jump:SICK!!!!!!!!

otherwise I'm my usual happy self. its cooking. i'm considering starting up the veg side for a mini flowering run there. ill have to build another scrubber tho.... other wise I hope all is well on your side!

picture.php

PPM Start: 935

Water Useage: 3 gallons
+5ml PH down

PPM End: 832

Air temp:71*
Water Temp: 68*