What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazy History; of Surfers & The Brotherhood of Eternal Love

harvestreaper

Veteran
I’m the same, haven’t seen or took any since around 94, not for want of trying, it just disappeared and nobody I knew could get it.
I gave up looking after a few years but have maintained a lifelong interest in psychedelics, so glad to hear it’s making a comeback:)

SmellyFlorist, is that Laguna??

i grew up eating it like sweets pros an cons of course lol but like you around 94 was last time ,, right up til nye just gone when some friends grown up son pulled some out was quite the ride took me a few weeks to get my head back on but still glad i did lol

harvestreaper

Veteran
My first acid was White Lightning 71 or 72, bloody strong lasted about 20 hours..........then it was California sunshine, etc.
We always popped them for outdoor trips or gigs, only ever saw Pink Floyd tripping. 4 times i think. Earls Court 1973 show was a blast..

After "Operation Julie" in 77 it changed

Operation Julie was a UK police investigation into the production of LSD by two drug rings during the mid-1970s. The operation, involving 11 police forces over a ?2 1?2-year period, resulted in the break-up of one of the largest LSD manufacturing operations in the world. It culminated in 1977 with enough LSD to make 6.5 million ‘tabs’ with a then street value of £100m (equivalent to £626 million today[1]) being seized, 120 people arrested in the UK and France and over £800,000 discovered in Swiss bank accounts.[2]

Ive given it a purple hue, will pop back with the reason....
thats a blast from the past ,,thankfully they didnt do that good a job as there was still plenty around all through 80s wed buy sheets soaked in the stuff wed be off our heads just cutting em up ,,,wild times for sure,, the bang for ya buck was incredible lol

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Purple pyramid?

Same here about finding some good acid. I would love to trip again, but absolutely nobody I know is into that. Seems like hardly anyone smokes dope anymore either.

Most of my party friends have died off.

SmellyFlorist

I’m the same, haven’t seen or took any since around 94, not for want of trying, it just disappeared and nobody I knew could get it.
I gave up looking after a few years but have maintained a lifelong interest in psychedelics, so glad to hear it’s making a comeback:)

SmellyFlorist, is that Laguna??

Nah bro... its africa, dont think the guys get surf like that in Laguna, just thought the thread needed some surf vibes. much respect on your cheese grows, followed for years, very inspiring....

Sorry to hear you guys are in a drought, honestly seems to be fucking everywhere, not sure where you are in the world but the trance scene wouldnt be a bad place to start looking...

Current ones are red and purple backrounds, like I said feeling 150mc, but not sure as there are 100's and 200's floating about apparently.... just hard to get concrete info...

:abduct:

mexweed

Veteran
had a vial of stuff they called Hofmann crystal not all to long ago that was definitely north of 150/drop, but I always do 2 with new stuff, was watching TV and it started flashing black and white and some different colors like a flip book and it looked like the old looney toons cartoons, kaleidoscopes when I closed my eyes

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Nah bro... its africa, dont think the guys get surf like that in Laguna, just thought the thread needed some surf vibes. much respect on your cheese grows, followed for years, very inspiring....

Sorry to hear you guys are in a drought, honestly seems to be fucking everywhere, not sure where you are in the world but the trance scene wouldnt be a bad place to start looking...

Current ones are red and purple backrounds, like I said feeling 150mc, but not sure as there are 100's and 200's floating about apparently.... just hard to get concrete info...

yep the golden age with many swan songs thrown down since the 75th anniversary

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That 250 that Mr.Skunkman sez was in the windowpanes was about right. I was building up tolerance and taking more than one a day after a while. Got to where tracers were a regular thing, and still kinda see them. Remember holding your hand with the fingers open, and pulling it sideways, making the fingers look like they were extending? The visuals with windowpane were great.

Yeah, I want some. I do it down at the ponds in the afternoon, and watch the wind ripple the water surface. Just like I used to watch the Peter's Canyon hills from our SoCal backyard, covered in tall grass, as the wind swayed it to and fro... or the surf at Newport.

TP for windowpane... :D

Burt

Veteran
If only there was a wook on the forums you could turn to for a H3tty trade.
ECSD and OGKB cuts for a 10 strip of fluff sounds fair

window

Veteran

Thanks man,
The surf looks beautiful.
A nice quiet beach would be a great location to trip:)
The early brotherhood guy’s would experience at Blacks beach, apparently it’s hard to get to? Any of the Cali guys know of it?

I’m sure there is plenty of L around the U.K., I’m just too old to know anyone who has it, my old contacts are long gone.
Oh well, a friend is sending me some shrooms soon, I’ve only ever had the psilocybin that grows here. Apparently these are Mexican, I’ve heard they are potent:)

Gry

Veteran
Can see the San Pedro growing outside my door. It's as tall as Mescalito on his white horse.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Been getting little pressed dots (rupees from Zelda) for a few years. 120 ug or so. Super clean. Xtal is sealed inside so its as fresh as the day it was born. Eat 10 and its like a thumbprint.

SmellyFlorist

@mexweed... we had some hoffman 2000' blotter a few years back, like you say "proper"...

@weird... go on...

@burt... lol, if only...:whistling:

@window... havent been there but I think "blacks" is a beach/point with gnarly boulders, the wave gets quite good for cali standards, theres a right off the rocks thats in a few videos/clips[if its the same spot] I think its a bit of scene there nowadays

@bigtacofarmer... nice, haven't seen any of those down here[unfortunately]... just that current blotter, then the aztec a few years back[:yummy:]

mexweed

Veteran
the best blotter prints I've had were alpha centauri and tree of life

mescaline cacti though, eating the right acid with some of that is how to enter an Alex Grey painting

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
@weird... go on...

Some time before and most especially leading up to and around the time of the 75th anniversary of the discovery of LSD a few old hands put together some nice stuff as originally intended.

Truly amazing what has been around the past few years, quality, variety, etc and so forth.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Thanks man,
The surf looks beautiful.
A nice quiet beach would be a great location to trip:)
The early brotherhood guy’s would experience at Blacks beach, apparently it’s hard to get to? Any of the Cali guys know of it?

I wouldn't say it's hard to get to. The surf gets pretty good there...especially during the winter time. There's a deepwater canyon offshore that focuses the swell, so it can get really fun if the swell is hitting right. The hike in and out keeps some people away, but this is California...everywhere is crowded.

I'd say that SD is one of the best places on the planet I've been to, bar none. Nice blend of good weather and nice people.

I haven't been to Blacks in a long time, so the beach may have gotten more crowded since I last visited there. I'd imagine it's packed during the summer, but the winter is great time to visit there too...not as many people on the beach, I'd imagine.

HB

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The only thing i ever heard black's beach being famous for was the bare titties and asses. Wasn't it a nude beach for a long time?

All this talk about acid kinda has me hankering. Sigh...

sdd420

Veteran
The only thing i ever heard black's beach being famous for was the bare titties and asses. Wasn't it a nude beach for a long time?

Me too! I also remember it as a nude beach

Breadwizard

Blacks is still a nude beach, as of like, 5 years ago. I miss the nice beach, used to live down there, but it's just too hot. Now living in the east bay, much more my speed.

window

Veteran
I wouldn't say it's hard to get to. The surf gets pretty good there...especially during the winter time. There's a deepwater canyon offshore that focuses the swell, so it can get really fun if the swell is hitting right. The hike in and out keeps some people away, but this is California...everywhere is crowded.

I'd say that SD is one of the best places on the planet I've been to, bar none. Nice blend of good weather and nice people.

I haven't been to Blacks in a long time, so the beach may have gotten more crowded since I last visited there. I'd imagine it's packed during the summer, but the winter is great time to visit there too...not as many people on the beach, I'd imagine.

HB

Me too:)
You guys would know best, just what I’ve read from Hynson’s book....

“Johnny Griggs started up the Sunday Sessions to lead small groups of followers through acid experiences at the beach, out in the desert, or down in Baja.
Black’s Beach in San Diego County was one specific spot, hard to get to, unpopulated, and free from the harassment of the cops. Black’s is better known today for its nude beach. Part of the beach lies within the Torrey Pines State Park and the other is on property owned by the City of San Diego, where nudity is prohibited. There are no easy entrances into Black’s. It sits at the base of a cliff and you can either climb down or enter from the water.”

Excerpt From
Mike Hynson: Transcendental Memories of a Surf Rebel
Donna Jost
https://books.apple.com/gb/book/mike-hynson-transcendental-memories-of-a-surf-rebel/id426802396