What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazy History; of Surfers & The Brotherhood of Eternal Love

J-Icky

Here is a link to an interview about making the movie "Orange Sunshine" found here ( https://the-brotherhood-of-eternal-love.org/orange-sunshine-film/ ) :

https://youtu.be/VSp5jWAcUTo

And the film:

https://myflixer.to/movie/orange-sunshine-55913

Very good movie. Was very interesting hearing them talk about how they ended up with so many followers and tag alongs that they barely knew and they were trying to claim they were part of the BOEL.

Kind of shows that even back then something small and beautiful will be ruined by the masses.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Good thread. Those were the days here in Cali. I live in the valley but spent many summers up and down the coast. Most surfers were really chill. I sure smoked plenty of their hash. I never got any Orange Sunshine , but got to try WindowPane, lots of sugar cubes, purple microdot, and other blotters, My eyes used to get so dilated, It wasnt even funny. You could see out of your whole face.

The patterns in nature, and thoughts were amazing. I havnt taken any in years. Someone did however give me some mushrooms recently, and Im gona have some right now. What the hell! :D

JetLife175

Veteran
Anyone remember black pyramid blotters in SoCal back in the day? Can anyone tell me about what time those came around??? Those were some of my favorite blotters other than the windowpane. If it wasn’t those two I would always go for the vial haha.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
How many mg (or whatever it was) was a hit of windowpane back then?

250 Micrograms -SamS

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
That was a long time ago, the mid 70s. I dont even remember how much it cost. That was the good one though. The old sugar cubes we ate a bunch of times. They were cheaper and pretty damn good too. One of them, probably the window pane, was called a 2-way hit.

Window panes came in redwood boxes with 40 small vials with 100 window panes in each vial. That made 4000 250 mics hits or 1 gram of acid. Window panes were not 2-way hits unless you were a light weight? The box cost $500-$1000 depending who you got them from, that is .12 -.25 cents each. They did work well and I did like them.
-SamS

Last edited by a moderator:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I was still a HS senior back in 73, living way back in the Tustin hills. A friend would carry me down to Laguna via the canyon, and we would go into the neighborhood on the left before you hit town. It was his dude, so I waited in his truck. I think the windowpane was $1 or $2 a hit. Edit: but I really don't remember. A vial may have been involved. Windowpanes were little, easy to lose bastards, that would easily dissolve in orange juice.

That was almost 50 years ago. I wanna do it again, and I have a good surrounding here at home.

One of my HS friends got in with a honey oil dist there in Tustin, and bought the coolest VW bus/combo thing. Never saw another like it.

Here is a site about the BEL. It is probably hosted on DEA servers. https://belhistory.weebly.com/

Last edited:

madalasatori

Veteran
Lots of Lucy about in the U.K.. the last few years it’s become very popular amongst kids after being demonised and unavailable for generations..

window

Veteran
John Griggs, brotherhood leader with Tim and Rosemary Leary

picture.php

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
John Griggs, brotherhood leader with Tim and Rosemary Leary

View Image

And two FBI agents in tow? LOL, love the skinny black ties and sunglasses. Did they issue that stuff when they got out of their academy? I can see them all in a big meeting,, all wearing thin black ties and sunglasses, even inside. :D

SmellyFlorist

Speaking of the brotherhood, anyone else stoked that the L train has come back in a big way?
The rick and Morty print is clean and mic’D at 250mcg. Be careful with it-that’s like 4 trips if one compares to how low it’s been mic’D on sheets that last 10 years

Same down this way in the 3rd world... currently have DS blotter circulating, few sheets with different colours but the same character... quality, unfortunately being a commodity its hard to acquire solid info... feels are that they are around 150mic though...?

Anyone seem anything similar...?

peace

J-Icky

Im so jealous, I haven’t seen real L in 20 years. Sadly it may be all over in my area but all my connections to that scene have been gone for over a decade.

I’d love to just get a 10 strip just to have. As often as I’d have time to do it, 10 decent hits would probably last me 10 years.

Guess I’ll just have to do my homework and instead learn to grow my own shrooms cause that’s as close as I’ll get to finding psychs with current circle of friends and acquaintances.

window

Veteran
And two FBI agents in tow? LOL, love the skinny black ties and sunglasses. Did they issue that stuff when they got out of their academy? I can see them all in a big meeting,, all wearing thin black ties and sunglasses, even inside. :D

Heh, that was exactly my thoughts, probably sent to keep an eye on Leary? Could they make themselves anymore obvious?

window

Veteran
Im so jealous, I haven’t seen real L in 20 years. Sadly it may be all over in my area but all my connections to that scene have been gone for over a decade.

I’d love to just get a 10 strip just to have. As often as I’d have time to do it, 10 decent hits would probably last me 10 years.

Guess I’ll just have to do my homework and instead learn to grow my own shrooms cause that’s as close as I’ll get to finding psychs with current circle of friends and acquaintances.

I’m the same, haven’t seen or took any since around 94, not for want of trying, it just disappeared and nobody I knew could get it.
I gave up looking after a few years but have maintained a lifelong interest in psychedelics, so glad to hear it’s making a comeback:)

SmellyFlorist, is that Laguna??

Cloneman

Veteran
My first acid was White Lightning 71 or 72, bloody strong lasted about 20 hours..........then it was California sunshine, etc.
We always popped them for outdoor trips or gigs, only ever saw Pink Floyd tripping. 4 times i think. Earls Court 1973 show was a blast..

After "Operation Julie" in 77 it changed

Operation Julie was a UK police investigation into the production of LSD by two drug rings during the mid-1970s. The operation, involving 11 police forces over a ?2 1?2-year period, resulted in the break-up of one of the largest LSD manufacturing operations in the world. It culminated in 1977 with enough LSD to make 6.5 million ‘tabs’ with a then street value of £100m (equivalent to £626 million today[1]) being seized, 120 people arrested in the UK and France and over £800,000 discovered in Swiss bank accounts.[2]

Ive given it a purple hue, will pop back with the reason....

Latest posts

Latest posts