What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazeman seeds, any grow or smoke experience?

Green Squall

I'm growing Hazeman's Strawberry Cough right now. Just a week into flower so not much to report yet. I also have a pack of his Cocoa Puffs, but noticed he di not list CP on an email strain list I saw a month or two ago. I have a grow diary going on another site if you search for this user name and SC.

I wish he'd do more work with sativas. His handle is something of a misnomer.

Cool I'm not on that site but will still follow the grow diary. I got mine in the mail yesterday along with 5 free La Pure Kush.

OldCoolSativa

Here's an update on my Strawberry Cough grow from seed by Hazeman's genetics. These seeds were started in late may and vegged for seven weeks while I mainlined them to control height. I topped either twice for 4 colas on the larger plants or three times for 8 colas. I germinated a whole pack of 12 seeds, managed to kill 3 seedlings, and only three of the remaining six plants were female. I removed the males and culled all but the stinkiest one, from which I collected pollen. Grow is under 600W COBs in coco hempy buckets with GH nutes per their DTW schedule. This is my second grow.

Essentially, I saw two phenotypes, six broad-leafed easy-to-grow bushy dark green vigorous plants that had a faint to moderate berry odor in late veg, and three smaller, thinner-leafed, pale plants that hardly had any odor in veg. One of the girls (SC#1) is the former and two (SC#6, SC#11) are the latter, while I collected pollen only from the larger, funkiest male (SC#7).

Here's SC#1 af
attachment.php
ter about 4.5 weeks of 12/12. She seems to be the best so far, although the shorter, runtier girls are starting to get some berry odors.

Here's SC#6, followed by SC#11; they seem to be a couple weeks slower than SC#1. They're a bit harder to keep happy, although they've greened up since going into flower.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Because I only had three females and therefore more space in my 4x4 tent than I expected, I brought in four Tangie plants (Crockett's) that had been outside. I had popped four Tangie seeds at the same time I started the SC grow, but they were not really doing well outside (only getting direct sunlight for about 6 hours per day). After I added them all four turned out to be girls, so my tent is very crowded now. The Tangie plants are well ahead of the SC in terms of odor and resin production, even though they went into flower a week after the Strawberry Cough plants. So I'm thinking the narrow-leafed SC plants may go as long as 12 weeks to finish.

Attachments

• IMG_20170814_231410218.jpg
    IMG_20170814_231410218.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20170814_225333907.jpg
    IMG_20170814_225333907.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20170814_230648920.jpg
    IMG_20170814_230648920.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 18

St. Phatty

I have some Elephant Stomper male.

Does real well with practically no water !

Using it to knock up a Blueberry Headband x Blueberry Widow plant.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I ran his POW outdoors, awful, i the sense that I harvested a few scrawny joints off it, awesome in the sense that is was so sticky, sweet and fruity that is became the bugs default choice for feeding, fucking and breeding... Only the Exodus Cheese clone has stood out so much as being the choice of insects.

bestothebest

True abut the bugs. Skunk #1 is like a canary in the mines, if you have a problem with bugs, it will be the first to show it

soopy

Veteran
Just grabbed a few packs of Nevils Haze x Afghan Skunk from the D.C. spot. Can't wait to see what gems come from this pairing...gonna grab the 88g13HP and Coco Puffs next.

Great prices there too.

mack 10

Veteran
I ran his POW outdoors, awful, i the sense that I harvested a few scrawny joints off it, awesome in the sense that is was so sticky, sweet and fruity that is became the bugs default choice for feeding, fucking and breeding... Only the Exodus Cheese clone has stood out so much as being the choice of insects.

That Cheese is a bug buffet!
Got a 6 foot feeding frenzy, lol.
It's them super terps she's loaded with.

But she a toughie.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
That Cheese is a bug buffet!
Got a 6 foot feeding frenzy, lol.
It's them super terps she's loaded with.

But she a toughie.

ROFL @bug buffet... gonna steal the fuck out of that... the new term for ultra stinky strains that become bug magnets :laughing::laughing:

D3pthCharg3

Just grabbed a pack of the Pine Tar Kush. Highly excited to see them. Personally ran a few of the Fugu Kushes a few years back, just not my cup of tea.

Green Squall

Ohhh Crap! This Strawberry Cough is the bomb! Very enjoyable with an unmistakable strawberry essence. I honestly didn't expect it to be there at all. Thought it was hype. After a cure hopefully it will come out even more. Tomorrow I'll try the Hollywood Pure Kush. Very satisfied with the outcome overall :biggrin:

OldCoolSativa

I was underwhelmed by the Hazeman Strawberry Cough I grew. I got 6 males from 10 seeds, and none of them had hollow stems or were impressive in early flower. I saw two phenos, an Indica leaner with a large but fluffy main cola and sativa leaners that were seriously nute hungry in veg, and that were underfed. Resin production was decidedly below average. The two sat-leaning girls yielded tiny, wispy buds, one of which was maybe 5-6 grams and equivalent to hay in the smoke department. The other sat-leaning girls gave me about 15 g of tiny buds but they do have a strawberry taste and a decent effect. The Indica-leaning girl had a nice strawberry smell but a short-lived, groggy effect.

I have a pack of Hazeman's Cocoa Puffs but it's pretty far down the grow list, especially since that line os no longer available.

H.Stoner

@OldCoolSativa

can i ask why you use the spigot instead of just the hole in ur buckets. your giving me ideas. also how exactly do u run coco in your hempy's. is it 100% coco or amended? if amended with what and at what ratios ?
thx. i ran them classic perlite vermiculite original ratios . thx.

OldCoolSativa

@OldCoolSativa

can i ask why you use the spigot instead of just the hole in ur buckets. your giving me ideas. also how exactly do u run coco in your hempy's. is it 100% coco or amended? if amended with what and at what ratios ?
thx. i ran them classic perlite vermiculite original ratios . thx.

I was originally going to manifold the hempy bucket outlets to a pump to save the vertical space taken up by a reservoir, but the type of pump I need for that application (liquid ring pump) is very expensive and none are small enough for this application. So they drain into a reservoir beneath the plants. It is nice because they prevent fungus gnats from getting into the coir at the root zone. I use coco coir and perlite 70/30.

Latest posts

Latest posts