What's new

Hazed starting over! Time to convert? Help!

gh0st9

Veteran
I wouldn't defoliate that's just me though, I hate seeing my ladies naked. Makes me feel like a perv!:biggrin:

That scrog is looking real good, how long have they've been vegging for now?

Oh and that mantis looks bad ass, looks like he's ready to fuck some shit up!

Hazed

I wouldn't defoliate that's just me though, I hate seeing my ladies naked. Makes me feel like a perv!:biggrin:

Hi gh0st9, thanks for lookin at my thread, hope all is well over your way buddy!
The PK got shredded and added to the compost pile, figured out I just don't have time for them, I got 5 other decent producers that everyone likes.
If these guys want Pineapple Kush they can buy seeds and about 4000.00 worth of equip and grow some, lol.
~ Might try some pineapple chunk, I have heard good things~

Thanks the plants have been tied to the screen for just 7 days. They were all over 8 weeks old when I grabbed em from veg.
This is pretty much an emergency situation. The screen is there to manipulate these bitches and hopefully keep em low.
In a nice well done SCROG that one 7 gallon plant would have easily filled that 3.5'x3.5' screen.
Hopefully will have a few extra rooms someday, and better finances so I can do some cool SCROG'S, I think an octagon could gro more weed per watt, but I also do love everything about SCROG, and particularly the strains that do it well!

Since the mantis's, spiders, wasps... I haven't had any probs with the baddies.

Pics below! I flipped to 12/12 last night, will swap the 600mh in the hood for a 1000mh for a week, then will switch to 1k HPS.
Hoping to keep the scrog under 32".

picture.php

These gals put on a little weight, there nutes are at the max (700 ppm + water @ 59 ppm) and they are thirsty every morning.
picture.php

I pitty the little leaf hopper that ventures into this fuckin grow!
picture.php

Had that son of a bitch on my neck the other night, web and all, lol. Builds his damned net right where I walk in!
They don't bite, but they sure make a mess if ya freak out and smash em! I was able to keep composure and kind of limp fingered him off me, lol.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran

Defoliation at critical points is key to the difference of a meh harvest, and bigger yields... It is hard at times, but when you understand plants respond very well to timed pruning...

Arminius

Veteran
Hi gh0st9, thanks for lookin at my thread, hope all is well over your way buddy!
The PK got shredded and added to the compost pile, figured out I just don't have time for them, I got 5 other decent producers that everyone likes.
If these guys want Pineapple Kush they can buy seeds and about 4000.00 worth of equip and grow some, lol.
~ Might try some pineapple chunk, I have heard good things~

Thanks the plants have been tied to the screen for just 7 days. They were all over 8 weeks old when I grabbed em from veg.
This is pretty much an emergency situation. The screen is there to manipulate these bitches and hopefully keep em low.
In a nice well done SCROG that one 7 gallon plant would have easily filled that 3.5'x3.5' screen.
Hopefully will have a few extra rooms someday, and better finances so I can do some cool SCROG'S, I think an octagon could gro more weed per watt, but I also do love everything about SCROG, and particularly the strains that do it well!

Since the mantis's, spiders, wasps... I haven't had any probs with the baddies.

Pics below! I flipped to 12/12 last night, will swap the 600mh in the hood for a 1000mh for a week, then will switch to 1k HPS.
Hoping to keep the scrog under 32".

View Image
These gals put on a little weight, there nutes are at the max (700 ppm + water @ 59 ppm) and they are thirsty every morning.View Image
I pitty the little leaf hopper that ventures into this fuckin grow!
View Image
Had that son of a bitch on my neck the other night, web and all, lol. Builds his damned net right where I walk in!
They don't bite, but they sure make a mess if ya freak out and smash em! I was able to keep composure and kind of limp fingered him off me, lol.
Starting to rebound from their shock! Just keep the bulb place appropriately and you should be good. What is the flowering time on those strains? Have you heard of the 40/60 rule with stretch?

Last edited:

Hazed

Starting to rebound from their shock! Just keep the bulb place appropriately and you should be good. What is the flowering time on those strains? Have you heard of the 40/60 rule with stretch?

Shock? Gee and I thought they were just growing roots. Did ya look at the beginning of the thread?
Anyway there are roots sticking out the bottoms of those three gallon pots that weren't there about 14 days ago when I potted them up from stadium cups, and now the plants are growing about an inch a day. Time for 12/12 before they hit the ceiling?

Yes I have heard of the 40/60 rule, and the buds will be harvested when they are ready, lol. There is 2 phenos of NYD, 4 phenos of THCB (1 Sativa dom), and 3 phenos of Hindu Kush. And a 50 seedling pheno hunt right behind them.
I dont live in Cali where ya just walk down the fkn road and purchase a clone! Curious when do you think they will be ready, lol.
Gotta funeral and a keggar/wake to attend tomorrow, Nighty Night...

Mister_D

Veteran
Hazed - whats up bro :biggrin: I live where I can walk down the street and buy clones, but i'm still doing a 177 seed pheno hunt instead. I've found and lost more would be "elites" than I can count. Besides, I love being able to hear someone go on about how great a particular cut is, then informing them i'm the only person on the planet that has it. Then again if you are lucky enough to purchase my herb these days, you'd have free access to any of my strains.... I had 23 different strains going a couple years ago. I cut back to the romulan, jack herer, and sour diesel because they were the favorites. Lost my sour d in an unfortunate cloning situation, which made me realize how much I love the jack herer. Seems me and sour d just weren't meant to be together though, lost my cut and two orders of res's sour d ibl (only orders i've ever had that didn't make it). All on separate occasions. I've made a couple half ass attempts to add another clone to the lineup, but nothing has earned a permanent spot yet. After smoking the cenex, i'm about 90% sure it's up to par. Still need to complete a grow with it to know for sure. Same for the dead mans kush and bogglegum, both of which i'm told are excellent. Smoked some bogglegum, tasted fantastic, but I think it was cut early. I'll reserve judgment until I sample my own efforts. Anyway point of that rant is there are just as good if not better things to be found by cracking your own seeds. Take bobble's USD for example, or bonz's orge cut :biggrin:

catalyte

Veteran
those ladies to look a little scrawny to me, but hopefully they fill in/out real nice in the end!

Hazed

Guys I'm sorry! This last few days has been a real bitch for me and some other close friends. One of our old bros got married years ago and decided to surround himself with his beautiful loving family.
We all kind of backed off and gave him some space.
We learned that he died a few days ago, and I think everyone just feels like sht due to the fact we haven't really been a part of his life. Had a big Spody, and ended up killin 2 kegs last night around a bond fire, thank god today isnt Monday! The end!

Hazed - whats up bro :biggrin: I live where I can walk down the street and buy clones, but i'm still doing a 177 seed pheno hunt instead. I've found and lost more would be "elites" than I can count. Besides, I love being able to hear someone go on about how great a particular cut is, then informing them i'm the only person on the planet that has it. Then again if you are lucky enough to purchase my herb these days, you'd have free access to any of my strains.... I had 23 different strains going a couple years ago. I cut back to the romulan, jack herer, and sour diesel because they were the favorites. Lost my sour d in an unfortunate cloning situation, which made me realize how much I love the jack herer. Seems me and sour d just weren't meant to be together though, lost my cut and two orders of res's sour d ibl (only orders i've ever had that didn't make it). All on separate occasions. I've made a couple half ass attempts to add another clone to the lineup, but nothing has earned a permanent spot yet. After smoking the cenex, i'm about 90% sure it's up to par. Still need to complete a grow with it to know for sure. Same for the dead mans kush and bogglegum, both of which i'm told are excellent. Smoked some bogglegum, tasted fantastic, but I think it was cut early. I'll reserve judgment until I sample my own efforts. Anyway point of that rant is there are just as good if not better things to be found by cracking your own seeds. Take bobble's USD for example, or bonz's orge cut :biggrin:

The business which has supported my family is gone! I agree that pheno hunting can be a fulfilling experience, and hope to get back to that frame of mind once I figure out how I am going to support my family, lol. For now I am stuck with either a subpar grow, or no grow.

those ladies to look a little scrawny to me, but hopefully they fill in/out real nice in the end!

Thanks man, I dont think they will get over crowded,lol.

I think Im going to take a break from the internet. I will update with pics after stretch, thanks guys...Hazed

Mister_D

Veteran
Hazed - Any harvest is a good harvest my man. Sucks to hear about your business, but hopefully mary will give you a finacial boost until you figure something out. Anything I can do to help, let me know.

D

DHF

My condolences are with yas my buddy.......Now....Man up and make this happen if it`s needed , but please look for income in the real world too to hedge yer bets.....You`re waaaaay too talented to just grow dope fer a living.....

What don`t kill yas makes yas stronger........ and......

Everything happens for a reason....believe that.....shit`s gonna work out with a positive attitude......

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:.....

Hazed

Hazed - Any harvest is a good harvest my man. Sucks to hear about your business, but hopefully mary will give you a finacial boost until you figure something out. Anything I can do to help, let me know.

I dont think its gonna be all that bad, they are almost even in height now and reaching for the bulb. I think maybe I should have trimmed a few leaders off those NYD though, they are pretty bushy.

Scrog is 6" high and is pretty full considering they will likely be 2.5', and over half are big bud varieties.
I will miss the business but wont miss having to hire, fire, and teach 20 yr olds how to work, and why, lol.

You have been a big help, I hope I can return the favor someday!

My condolences are with yas my buddy.......Now....Man up and make this happen if it`s needed , but please look for income in the real world too to hedge yer bets.....You`re waaaaay too talented to just grow dope fer a living.....

What don`t kill yas makes yas stronger........ and......

Everything happens for a reason....believe that.....shit`s gonna work out with a positive attitude......

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:.....

I dont grieve much, but watching friends grieve gets to me. When I die, I want to just wander off into the woods one day, just like an old dog!
I have found a swing shift job to get by until school is done.

Thank you for the kind words. Never planned on anything to big, just eventually a couple lb a month average for med purposes. I got a lot of sick friends.

My crops are spoken for, so all I got to do is grow,chop,trim,and cure.

When the planets are properly aligned, I am home, the lights are off, and I am awake, I will get some good pics and maybe you guys can let me know what you think, Take care, see ya soon...Hazed

Hazed

2 weeks of 12/12

2 weeks of 12/12

Ok guys its been 2 weeks!

Been able to maintain a RH of 60-65% and temps at 85f lights on, and 79f (electric heater) during the dark period.

Suks not having a lung room! Cant really crank up the exhaust fans because its getting pretty cold outside at night.
I am going to add the dehuey tomorow, if nothing else I can use it to help with air movement in the room.
Here is the scrawny little bitches,

Excuse the mess and the crappy pics, been a busy week. Saturday I got some grower chores to do!
Take care guys, hope to get caught up with you all this weekend...Hazed

P.S.
"Just click and drag images into your post!"

Geez, don't remember seeing those two gray buttons before, maybe it is time for a bowl!
Is that a new option on ICMag? hmm. Thank you! Maybe a belated thank you?:joint:

D

DHF

Respect.....All things are possible with friends input and knowledge gained from past rotations....

You`ll be fine as long as yas take Mr D`s and my advice on runnin minimum strains at a time to dial and produce consistently.....

I ran monocropped separate rooms to dial each strains nutrient and environment requirements.....but....regardless.....

Bro.....Pullin fer yas......Freds.....:ying:.....

Arminius

Veteran
Shock? Gee and I thought they were just growing roots. Did ya look at the beginning of the thread?
Anyway there are roots sticking out the bottoms of those three gallon pots that weren't there about 14 days ago when I potted them up from stadium cups, and now the plants are growing about an inch a day. Time for 12/12 before they hit the ceiling?

Yes I have heard of the 40/60 rule, and the buds will be harvested when they are ready, lol. There is 2 phenos of NYD, 4 phenos of THCB (1 Sativa dom), and 3 phenos of Hindu Kush. And a 50 seedling pheno hunt right behind them.
I dont live in Cali where ya just walk down the fkn road and purchase a clone! Curious when do you think they will be ready, lol.
Gotta funeral and a keggar/wake to attend tomorrow, Nighty Night...
Sorry, have been overwhelmed... Meant to point out that the normal transplant shock did not seem to be an issue...

Hazed

Respect.....All things are possible with friends input and knowledge gained from past rotations....

You`ll be fine as long as yas take Mr D`s and my advice on runnin minimum strains at a time to dial and produce consistently.....

I ran monocropped separate rooms to dial each strains nutrient and environment requirements.....but....regardless.....

Bro.....Pullin fer yas......Freds.....:ying:.....

I know what your sayin bro!
I have been trying to go monocrop, just had a little set back is all ;). This crop is just a selection of the girls I trust will do a good job and happened to be the right shape for the configuration I ended up with.

That scrog is probably going to be a nightmare, but we will get through it, and Im betting them bitches are going to yield pretty good once I get them under control, lol.

Worked a sht load of hrs and will have some funds soon to get started on the new rooms. Wish I had Anti's skills with google sketchup,lol, well I guess I will learn this weekend.

Got a 3 day weekend to make up for the one I missed, so I hope to have some drawings for ya to check out by the end of the weekend.

I appreciate you guys being so supportive and helping out during the crisis. Soon I will be able to start that thread we discussed a while back and have some real fun with Aero!

Here is another pic I took yesterday and forgot to upload,
picture.php

The tops are almost perfectly level now, and have limbs heading for the bulb. Feeding 1 1/2 times a day by hand.

Of coarse they are not very even in sideways stretch, but I am thinking I can just tie em back so they are fairly even and call it good then rapeage, then swellage?! :biggrin:

Hazed

Sorry, have been overwhelmed... Meant to point out that the normal transplant shock did not seem to be an issue...
No need to be sorry bro! Im the one that acted like a dick.

I learned its better to wait until they have a good root ball before transplanting.
Never have any visible shock, just a pause in top growth while roots fill the new container.

I gotta pretty good potting up procedure, that yields massive roots in a short time.When ya expose some of the cambium layer and take the food away from a healthy plant, they get serious about growing roots, quick!
I can scratch the top 1 inch of coco and find nice white roots all the way out to the rims of the pots now.
I marked one of the plants with a twist tie Monday, and can see that, just the top of the plant stretched 8" in 5 days. Hand watering is going to become a real SOB pretty soon.

Took a few picks inside the ring this AM,
From left right, THCB, NYD #69, NYD (always gets slight claw).

NYD, THCB, THCB "Y" config with 2 gallon Hindu Kush sitting up on top of the pot and the one main stalk filling the split,

Started training those tops more toward the bulb last night. This vertical config is going to really do a nice job of utilizing the canopy on these tall thin plants!
Main stalks are really fattening up too.

Feeding with Tap water (PH 5.8-5.9,59ppm) 475 ppm conni A & B and bud x-Factor (aka Magnesium), drip clean, and adding silica to last feed of the day so the sht doesnt turn to slime.

Gonna take the day, Research for my new rooms and draw up a proposed plan and hopefully get some input from ya all, catchaz lataz...Hazed

Hazed

Well so much for google sketchup,lol. Here is one possible layout, oops forgot the doors,lol.
Dimensions of everything will likely change as I get input from other growers, and do more research. Ceiling is 10'

picture.php

This will be built in the back of a shop. I will probably end up just building the left (rooms) and the center (lung/clones) portions first, then the rest as I can afford materials.
Not sure what everyone means by flip rooms, but was just planning to setup rooms so I could add clones, do a short veg, then switch to 12/12 using light flippers.

Main thing to keep in mind is that the rest of the building is not heated, so could be -10f somedays. I need to utilize the heat from the lights as much as posible.

Had even thought of maybe making larger rooms and using partitions so I could veg some big plants in one module while blooming in another, lol got some more planning to do for sure.

Most important I guess is to have rooms that will be large enough to eventually add racks and run 1k bare bulbs. Maybe 8'x8' is a little tight?
Looking forward to hearing your ideas. Thanks guys, gotta go hand mount some tires for wife, BRB...Hazed

catalyte

Veteran
flip flop set-ups are two rooms with separate bulbs running alternately 12hrs at a time on the same ballasts. A good use of resources, but environment become paramount cause you will inevitably have to run one room during the day... so temps and humidity will have to be dialled.

Your plans look good. I would love to be able to do a build like that. I have never had that much space to play with, but someday.... :D

Hazed

flip flop set-ups are two rooms with separate bulbs running alternately 12hrs at a time on the same ballasts. A good use of resources, but environment become paramount cause you will inevitably have to run one room during the day... so temps and humidity will have to be dialled.

Your plans look good. I would love to be able to do a build like that. I have never had that much space to play with, but someday.... :D

Ok thanks! I do plan on flippin bare bulbs to fully utilize my ballasts. In fact I look forward to building the flip flops, love that kinda sht.
Im hoping to put my propane furnace in there. was kind of thinking I could possibly hook a co2 controller up to a motorized damper on the exhaust duct and direct some of that co2 into the grow.

Well I have the space now, just struggling to buy materials,lol. I wish I had been able to stay at the old place another 6 months, had 2 nice rooms sharing a lung room.

damn thats pretty impressive lol

Thank you for showing up, and thanks for the kind words, friend!

Here is a couple pics I took before the lights flipped on tonight, 12/12 3.5 weeks in,

I know that is one nasty lookin scrog. I cleaned it up a week ago
and it looks worse than it did to begin with. Stems are still soft, so Im
going to wait a few more days, then clean it up good! and bend/tie everything
into place.
Thanks guys/gal ;) ...Hazed

Latest posts

Latest posts