What's new

Haze talk

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also 1 other thing to remember is there were several cuts passed around as A5 C5 wether from the South of Holland crew or others Nevil worked with or was Friends with , also mistakes get made sometimes with cutting label and unless you smoked them and grown them before the person wouldn't know the difference and be able tell if legit or not( as all was very special clones and of superior quality)
Even from the mrnice thread you posted immediately there was people talking about other sides of the story but they are all banned now , anyone who goes against the grain is banned or gets rubbished .
Lemon Pine cream that you can find in C5 yes....and Amnesia core and SLH....but this is way different.....still you havent grow it...just smoked some cuts which was who knows what,but shure its not sensi's JH....

''First let me talk about C5. My last grow with her was a hydro set up, and as I said earlier she performed well, very nice yield, but despite the 3 months of flowering, I think she could had been a little longer, I cut the fertilizer a bit early, and the flowers were a bit airy. Even the taste could had been improve. It’s real hard for me to talk about potency, I’m a big smoker, so I won’t speak too much about that. No trich on the leaves, or only a few on the tiny ones attached to the buds. Taste is piney, citrus, but again, it’s hard to describe taste. Old school for sure.''

''A5 has a less branchy architecture, and tends to grow more « one bud style». Buds are more compact, densier, more trich on the leaves, and quicker to finish, 90 days seemed fine for her. The smoke is more « savage », very hard to talk about taste, more potent than C5 most definitely. « Darker » in color but also in taste (imo, some weeds are fruity, other hashy, piney, citrus etc.... but I would define this one as « dark », maybe « sour » but not in the Sour Diesel way, maybe a bit leathery but not in the same way the third cut I have).''

And Jack terps are much more close to this description,than description to C5 haze......

https://mrnice.nl/forum/threads/a5-c5-5c122-another-thread-story.16884/ this is my source of qotes I posted...

So Jack is 100% A haze progeny...no mather what cut you smoked....grow some seeds and compare it to Mr.Nice SSH.....its not comparable at all.....

Even one breeder form this forum had find pheno in Jack that smell and taste like A5....so Ojd you are wrong....Jack has nothing to do with haze C.....Shanti hazes yes,but Sensi's are A haze dom.
When Nevile say they lost it before commercial production he mean that he and Shanti loosed it....When I see progeny from Jack in 2022 it is shure alive and kicking.

Petrochemical

Lets not argue and agree to disagree, because i want to hear all the info from every side.
But 1 thing you guys need to understand and is never talked about is if your from South of Holland then thats a different era Nevil was in , as after the bust Nevil made new selections in Amsterdam and run with those clones until he left Amsterdam .
Even pictures you can clearly see the C dominace in Jack Herer much much more than A Haze side
Lime/Lemon/Pine/Citrus dom terps and also some A influence but minimal and the taste smell is dominant on the C side.
Im talking about the Jack herer they would have available at High times Cannabis cups especially and at a few certain shops all year round.
Also the SSH cut from Amsterdam again was more leaning on the C Side of Haze , there is much more A leaning phenos of SSH that ive grown several packs over the years and sampled many in Amsterdam and from others in UK and Europe, but the famous SSH cutting run through Amsterdam for a many years was more leaning to the C side of Haze , again A was detected in there but id say 70% C side and 30% A leaning

The Jack your talking about now is not the exact Jack Herer made by Nevil the first time , you guys must know that ? , cuts get lost by breeders and 99% of them wont tell you they lost the Male or Female , they will just make the strain again with a different pheno ( as close as they have) but you will never make the exact same thing ever again without that exact cutting and Male , especially Male.
I dont need to prove this theory at all , as its clear to see with other seed co's who sell Nevil's old strains and are very different to the old strains and much much harder to find the old school phenos, you can come close if your lucky and if you knew what the old selections were like so you can select for those traits but like I said you will never get it exactly the same without the same exact Female and Male used to make the Original strain.

But the more Haze talk the better , the more info the better, we can agree to disagree and still all tell our sides of the story without arguing or ruining a good Haze thread.
What about before Neville? How about folks that have put a lot of work into these plants that didn't have that popularity behind them because I know for a fact here locally in Vermont there's a bunch of people that put a bunch of work into some cultivars back in the 70s and they left and went out west with them and became millionaires one gentleman named Soma used to live here in Vermont did quite well before he moved out to the Europe with a bunch of seeds he got from New England

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes but this thread is about Haze, and exotic Sativa's.
But yes anyone who has worked with special Haze's/Sativa's let's hear what info you have.

Soma produced some amazing strains , and flowers for Amsterdam back then , up there with the best.
Especially the NYCD Red Grapefruit cut , in my top 3 i ever sampled and id give anything i ever had to get that cutting ( i belive it is lost as people just call the Mandarin cut the Red Grapefruit cut) and ive not seen the cut of flowers for over a decade) but this is Haze talk so lets leave that for another thread.
But i cant not mention Soma's legendary G13 Haze Male and work he did with that cut) again i think that Male is gone to unfortunately)

Soma's G13 Haze male was made by Nevil in the late 80's or early 90's with the G13 clone and C Haze Male.
I think ed rosenthal gave Soma some seeds of the G13Haze from this vintage X at a High Times cup 1 year , Soma popped the very old seeds and only 1 seed popped producing the famous G13 Haze Male Soma used in his work , and spread the clone around to others.
Soma produced NYCD x G13 Haze and the Amnesia G13 Haze and many more X's of the G13 Haze x to his line up.
The first ever Amnesia Haze release in Amsterdam was i believe( guessing from experience and samples from Amsterdam)a G13 Haze x , but within a year or 2 that cut was lost and replaced with a much less Haze pheno , the first cut was far superior to what goes around as Amnesia Haze today.

I learned alot from this Male from making 100,000's of seeds with it when i had it in my stable years back, and i learned more about the C Haze also.
The G13 Haze Male was an amazing plant and up there with the best/famous Female Haze cuts our scene has ever seen.
Again what this Male cut produced in X's was very heavy on the Pine/Lime but also 30% spicy/leather/ Frankincense .
This Male is the most Thai influeced taste/High ive ever seen.
I grew landrace Thai seeds not from any seed co and was blown away by the similar Taste/High and growth to the G13 Haze Male progeny it produced.

E="Petrochemical, post: 18143562, member: 525972"]
What about before Neville? How about folks that have put a lot of work into these plants that didn't have that popularity behind them because I know for a fact here locally in Vermont there's a bunch of people that put a bunch of work into some cultivars back in the 70s and they left and went out west with them and became millionaires one gentleman named Soma used to live here in Vermont did quite well before he moved out to the Europe with a bunch of seeds he got from New England
[/QUOTE]

Petrochemical

Yeah I apologize ojd I just got 10 gentle in the middle of my post about so much I was something else was renting space in my head so I apologize. I didn't mean to imply in my message that Soma worked a bunch of lines of Hayes so I completely went on a tangent there, what I meant was from your area or anywhere else in the world where there are people that have work the lines to that may not have had access to she even picked taking pictures or an internet source to actually post up it'd be interesting at like you said in the beginning of your post if anybody knows I'm just trying to educate myself as much as possible not saying anything bad about Neville I don't know anything about Neville in regards to haze's like that. My post was not intended to deviate from haze's

OZZ_

Veteran
Wow that Tom Hill Haze x O Haze looks amazing 👏 , nice work to the breeder ( who made it) and yourself 👏 for the grow , love the calx formation, looks very special

Keep them pics/storys/ any Haze info coming guys/gals , already this is turning into a Haze lovers dream thread

Well you can give @elanius the credit there! The THH x Golli Ohz he posted is the mother plant I believe! Great work Elanius the cross came out great!

Petrochemical

When i saw pencils of calyxes like that i was chesire cat grinning. If i may ask how did super silver haze become so potent? Why is it so much harder to find uniformity in these lines as opposed toothers?

goingrey

When i saw pencils of calyxes like that i was chesire cat grinning. If i may ask how did super silver haze become so potent? Why is it so much harder to find uniformity in these lines as opposed toothers?

It's a hybrid of hybrids. Skunk, Haze, and Northern Lights. Hence the variability. All of them selected for potency over the years. First the parent lines in Colombia, Mexico, Afghanistan.. Then USA, then the Netherlands.

elanius

Veteran
The THH x Golli Ohz he posted is the mother plant I believe! Great work Elanius the cross came out great!

Thanks Ozz and Im happy you enjoy the smoke brother. This cross turned out really well, even though the phenotypes are all over the place, I did not find any hay in there.
Had another pheno, that was spitting image of the THH mother and she cured to cinnamon aroma which surprised me, never smelled that one before.

This is the THH mother plant of your seed, Im sure you can see the genetics come through in yours.
DSC_0524.JPG
DSC_0541r.JPG

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks Ozz and Im happy you enjoy the smoke brother. This cross turned out really well, even though the phenotypes are all over the place, I did not find any hay in there.
Had another pheno, that was spitting image of the THH mother and she cured to cinnamon aroma which surprised me, never smelled that one before.

This is the THH mother plant of your seed, Im sure you can see the genetics come through in yours.
View attachment 18717228 View attachment 18717229

Absolutely! Check this out:

18B607F6-7FFC-4F4D-B58D-727800AFA92A.jpeg

Very similar!

Although, and it pains me to say it very much, but I lost the mother and I had no other clones unfortunately, so she is gone. We went out of town and I was convinced I had watered her heavily enough but when I came back her snd three others were bone dry.

I tried to revive them by keeping them watered and hitting them with good ferts, rhizotonic, etc etc but she was toast.

On the bright side I still have more seeds of the cross so I’ll be hunting through them again at some point. It was very energetic smoke. Which I still have three jars of. Keeping it all to myself!

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil Feminized seed = Swiss Thai Nevil 1 clone ( Nevil Schoenmakers) RIP 🙏
X
SSSDH OJD cut Reversed.

The Swiss Thai Nevil 1 clone is 1 for the Frankie crew , heavy on the Frankincense , delicious taste like golden Dutch days when Nevi run things.
More pics on my page on this site

Attachments

• 20220531_203714.jpg
    20220531_203714.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 78
  • 20220531_203737.jpg
    20220531_203737.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love the dreadlock look on Haze crosses.
Zamali/ThaiXTHH These types seem to always be the best smoke for me. The jars always empty first.
View attachment 18717512 View attachment 18717513
Wow looks amazing, nice work to the grower and breeder .
lovely looking Thai/Haze running colas, looks very similar to the Swiss Thai Nevil 2 clone from Nevil's grail project seeds i run.

Man we got to arange a Haze cup or smokeout with these amazing Haze strains people throwing up , some mouthwatering samples , keep em coming.

xet

Wow looks amazing, nice work to the grower and breeder .
lovely looking Thai/Haze running colas, looks very similar to the Swiss Thai Nevil 2 clone from Nevil's grail project seeds i run.

Man we got to arange a Haze cup or smokeout with these amazing Haze strains people throwing up , some mouthwatering samples , keep em coming.
dude, stellar idea ..... i know just the person to contact about getting the ball rolling on that front

Latest posts

Latest posts