What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Haze Discussion Thread continued

William76

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I have a couple of hazey questions that have bugged me for a while. I might have read or remembered things wrong.

Sam, I think said that original haze was a 3 way Colombian or South American hybrid. Is that correct or is my memory hazy? If that's the case when did the Thai come into it, because Tom seems to suggest he's breeding toward Thai phenos? I thought Tom's haze came from Original Haze, or am I incorrect?

I came across an old haze argument in a thread from 2009. I won't say who was involved! Anyway it was essentially someone arguing that ACE Oldtimers Haze was not a real haze as it did not originate from the haze brothers. As someone who has grown Oldtimers years ago alongside NL5 x haze, the two varieties were so similar as to seem very related to me. I also thought I read that Oldtimers has been shown to be Colombian? Anyone have any thoughts or info to add?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I have a couple of hazey questions that have bugged me for a while. I might have read or remembered things wrong.

Sam, I think said that original haze was a 3 way Colombian or South American hybrid. Is that correct or is my memory hazy? If that's the case when did the Thai come into it, because Tom seems to suggest he's breeding toward Thai phenos? I thought Tom's haze came from Original Haze, or am I incorrect?

I came across an old haze argument in a thread from 2009. I won't say who was involved! Anyway it was essentially someone arguing that ACE Oldtimers Haze was not a real haze as it did not originate from the haze brothers. As someone who has grown Oldtimers years ago alongside NL5 x haze, the two varieties were so similar as to seem very related to me. I also thought I read that Oldtimers has been shown to be Colombian? Anyone have any thoughts or info to add?
hey chi ,
yes thats correct on what sam said about the original haze , 3 way colombian,
he did also say some was like thai , some of that 3 way colombian ,
and he also bred some with thai ,
so either tom has some that leans towards the thai , but is colombian,
or some crossed to thai ,
id believe either having grown thh , i found what i grew to be quite similar to thai i have grown ,in fact hard to tell apart from our local mango thai , aka mango heads , with an unripe mango aroma , and quite potent to toke ...

CreeperStipule

Burning bush had Thai in it and SamS refers to it as an OH, the later OH posi released in circa 96 seemed vastly different to the earlier stuff and the flowering time was vastly reduced from 16 weeks to 10, it would seem the haze either was various divergent lines or Thai was added at some point.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
99F3E4EA-FDAA-4827-A223-E305F0EE9734 (1)_2.jpeg

Chi13

ICMag Donor
hey chi ,
yes thats correct on what sam said about the original haze , 3 way colombian,
he did also say some was like thai , some of that 3 way colombian ,
and he also bred some with thai ,
so either tom has some that leans towards the thai , but is colombian,
or some crossed to thai ,
id believe either having grown thh , i found what i grew to be quite similar to thai i have grown ,in fact hard to tell apart from our local mango thai , aka mango heads , with an unripe mango aroma , and quite potent to toke ...
Thanks for that. It is a mystery how you get Thai from 3 way Colombian. :dunno:
I don't have enough experience with Colombian, although we did get some here and I found it quite different from Thai. I keep thinking I am maybe missing something with THH, but if it is similar to the mango Thai, then maybe not?

Ur Humbl Nr8tor, beautiful non haze OT haze. I have some seeds of OT Haze that is a reproduction of ACE's and likely quite old. I am tossing up whether to grow them or not? Every time I see your plant I feel the need.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Ur Humbl Nr8tor, beautiful non haze OT haze. I have some seeds of OT Haze that is a reproduction of ACE's and likely quite old. I am tossing up whether to grow them or not? Every time I see your plant I feel the need.
Thanks Chi. I love the effects of pure green OTH. Don’t get me wrong, the purples are nice as well. But as has been stated many times regarding the darker hazes (whether Sam’s, Tom’s, OTH’s…) those effects are muddier and form a bit of cob webs in the mind. The green effects are caffeinated, day brightening and soaring. Higher and higher with each toke. I’ll be keeping an eye out if you decide to give them a try. For this year, I may try some 12+ year old OTH that came to me from dubi labeled ‘tall and long’. I’ve also got a few pure purple haze seeds that I wouldn’t mind finding a solid male of. Would love to knock up a bunch of these generic yet beautiful California clones to amplify their effects.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Thanks for that. It is a mystery how you get Thai from 3 way Colombian. :dunno:
I don't have enough experience with Colombian, although we did get some here and I found it quite different from Thai. I keep thinking I am maybe missing something with THH, but if it is similar to the mango Thai, then maybe not?

The histories suggest the original work was done with the Colombians and Indian crossed in one year and Thai a following year. So depending on when you got your hands on the seeds, and how you selected, it seems plausible that Thai influence could be found and bred towards (THH). I was a twinkle in my old man’s eye late 60’s, a babe in the 70’s and didn’t start really experimenting with cannabis until the earlier part of the 80’s…but I remember getting the catalog with all of the haze crosses including Christmas haze. Ahh to have a time machine. To me, the OTH and THH lines are sort of like that. Time travel…

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These N-Haze x O-haze are gonna smoke well. Nice Sandlewood spicy aroma. 1st run with these. I def made some mistakes with the lighting schedule. I noticed the timer was not set properly on 1 day.. Instead of it being 11on 13off.. It was 13on 11off. So 6 days it was set right, with 1 day set in the reverse. It can only get better :D.
DSCN6112.JPG
DSCN6114.JPG
DSCN6115.JPG

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
These N-Haze x O-haze are gonna smoke well. Nice Sandlewood spicy aroma. 1st run with these. I def made some mistakes with the lighting schedule. I noticed the timer was not set properly on 1 day.. Instead of it being 11on 13off.. It was 13on 11off. So 6 days it was set right, with 1 day set in the reverse. It can only get better :D.
View attachment 18809267 View attachment 18809268 View attachment 18809269
Thats the smell of old school haze spicy sweet sandalwood. Nice grow. Great job.

Sub24ox7

They were great, I had 3 females and 5 or 6 males. I froze the pollen from the males and dusted a thunk, seedsman o. Haze, Punto rojo x Congo, mm x thai78, and finally the 3 female thh. They were potent and metallic, lemon line with some hints of camphor. My wife said to grow more of it lol. I plant to grow the octopus thh soon and some of the mint I made another gen of.
IMG_1478.jpeg
IMG_1477.jpeg
IMG_1475.jpeg

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
They were great, I had 3 females and 5 or 6 males. I froze the pollen from the males and dusted a thunk, seedsman o. Haze, Punto rojo x Congo, mm x thai78, and finally the 3 female thh. They were potent and metallic, lemon line with some hints of camphor. My wife said to grow more of it lol. I plant to grow the octopus thh soon and some of the mint I made another gen of. View attachment 18908814 View attachment 18908815 View attachment 18908816
Awsome, that looks alot like the mint mom! Thanks for sharing and good growin!

Latest posts

Latest posts