What's new

Haze Breeders/Growers....

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran

Thanks, reservationlabs...

Got some more shots from this week at about 9.5 weeks 12/12 indoors.

picture.php

Group shot above

picture.php
picture.php

Slightly thinner leaf pheno

picture.php
picture.php

...and the slightly thicker leaf pheno.

These are supposed to run another 7-10 weeks, so still a ways to go. Just now putting on some resin, but no real smell as of yet.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
And here is what's on deck...

picture.php

Ace Pure Purple Haze IBL

picture.php

F3's of the Purple Haze x Meao Thai from Ace. These are from two different Mother's used in the 2012 release.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, reservationlabs...

Got some more shots from this week at about 9.5 weeks 12/12 indoors.

View Image

Group shot above

View ImageView Image

Slightly thinner leaf pheno

View ImageView Image

...and the slightly thicker leaf pheno.

These are supposed to run another 7-10 weeks, so still a ways to go. Just now putting on some resin, but no real smell as of yet.

Please keep us all updated as you go along. Nothing like a nice Haze outside, but you are doing a great job with your Haze's indoors that is for sure.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Please keep us all updated as you go along. Nothing like a nice Haze outside, but you are doing a great job with your Haze's indoors that is for sure.

Will do. My Green Haze outdoor run from a couple seasons ago was a great success. My favorite go to jar. Very unique effect.

Indoors is definitely a challenge with these Haze lines. Very difficult to recreate the suns effects and it shows on these tropical flowers. I'm seriously considering dropping the cash on a 300W Plasma to add to the HPS. Perhaps when I finally get a permanent place for indoor growing. I may run one of the Purple Haze IBL's outdoors this fall. We'll see. Indoors, these flowers have another 10 weeks give or take a few. Just hoping I can keep some green leaves on them that long.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will do. My Green Haze outdoor run from a couple seasons ago was a great success. My favorite go to jar. Very unique effect.

Indoors is definitely a challenge with these Haze lines. Very difficult to recreate the suns effects and it shows on these tropical flowers. I'm seriously considering dropping the cash on a 300W Plasma to add to the HPS. Perhaps when I finally get a permanent place for indoor growing. I may run one of the Purple Haze IBL's outdoors this fall. We'll see. Indoors, these flowers have another 10 weeks give or take a few. Just hoping I can keep some green leaves on them that long.

I am so glad that you mentioned the effort of trying to keep green leaves on them. I find that a lot of my pure Haze plants and Thai plants start to shed their leave way before the wispy buds are mature. I have a Haze Cross plant right now that is all brown in the middle but the stuff below that and the stuff above that are green. It is just choosing to suck nutrients from that section first.

You seem to have Haze growing pretty much to a science and could help so many others with a nice grow log.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
a Tom Hill Haze I've just tied over with some hemp line and a rock.......great vigor/branching.........also got Ace's Purple Haze f3 female kickin' strong.........

haze on................

Last edited:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I am so glad that you mentioned the effort of trying to keep green leaves on them. I find that a lot of my pure Haze plants and Thai plants start to shed their leave way before the wispy buds are mature. I have a Haze Cross plant right now that is all brown in the middle but the stuff below that and the stuff above that are green. It is just choosing to suck nutrients from that section first.

You seem to have Haze growing pretty much to a science and could help so many others with a nice grow log.

Thanks reservationlabs. I don't think it's so much science at this point (even though I am at my core, a scientist). I don't do as well of a job of documenting as I could. I mostly go by feel on these sativas. I should and will take more notes to share with the community.

In a very general sense, these old school hazes can be well maintained outdoors by anyone with proper conditions. Those being, somewhere less than 35 deg. latitude with a greenhouse, somewhere below 25 deg. without. A well worked (aged) organic soil and more than 6 hours of direct sun. I've had success at 32 deg. with a makeshift greenhouse and a fair dose of patience and positive vibrations.

I will also say my OTH Green Haze outdoor grow saw me out there on a daily basis the last few weeks with an alcohol swab on old calyxes where initial signs of mold had surfaced. Definitely not for the cash croppers looking for convenience.

Indoors, I'm still learning, though I do think that the spectrum/quality of indoor light plays a big role. That's why I am seriously considering the plasma light. If I get the indoor location stabilized, I will most likely pull the trigger. Then I think we can start to better simulate conditions favorable to growing these amazing sat's. Most hybrids do just fine under HPS but the hazes need more.

I personally have a fair bit of genetics from the various haze lines. I hope my pursuit is long and full of constant learning. These old lines deserve that of us.

bigherb

Veteran
a Tom Hill Haze I've just tied over with some hemp line and a rock.......great vigor/branching.........also got Ace's Purple Haze f3 female kickin' strong.........

haze on................

Nice start

The vigor an resistance is impressive the yield aswell

Im very curious to here your overall opinion of this haze stock compared to your experiences of the 70's ,Especially if this is your first

I look forward to your thoughts as you progress

Ps while sending some liikes recently on my phone i hit dislike by mistake we should be able to have an option to fix that

Much respect

1luvbigherb

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran

haze on................

Great to see, Mtn. Nectar. That THH is looking great. I've got a few Tom's Haze seeds stashed away for a future run. Show me that Ace P. Haze, please. Knowing the OTH line, with the two purples I have running, at least 2 will be female. I haven't met a male yet. In fact, even the crosses seem to be always female. Stud males in this line are like gold.

bigherb

Veteran
ur Humbl Nr8

Gorgeous ladies

Much props always always sits great too see you keepin this thread goin an that haze flowing

I hope you decide to run somthing (Phaze) out side

Best wishes

1luvbigherb

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
ur Humbl Nr8

Gorgeous ladies

Much props always always sits great too see you keepin this thread goin an that haze flowing

I hope you decide to run somthing (Phaze) out side

Best wishes

1luvbigherb

Much respect to you bigherb. I know what a haze cannaseur you are. We'll see about an outdoor run this year. Always hope.

F

Fluffy Clouds

that will be TREE! :biggrin: very nice haze! yoss33 :tiphat: good job.. keep us updated!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
yoss,

That is a true beauty. Are you equatorial? (edit...see you state SE EU) That is going to be an amazing plant, I think.

Last edited:

yoss33

Veteran
Thank you, people :) I like that plant a lot too, and it seems to like where it is. It has very delicate flexible branches and is so... hazy in leaf shape. I feel great when I stand next to it and look upwards to see what's shaking at the top :)
No, I'm not equatorial, but at 44 degrees north. But these are some 44 sunny degrees. We are far from oceans, and "behind" a mountain range where the rains fall in the critical autumn season. Last year I harvested without a drop of rain during the whole of flowering (Aug - Oct), amazing weather it was, I hope this year it will be similar. I also remember a season some 10 years ago when it rained the whole of September and it spoiled the whole of my crop. "Who doesn't play, he doesn't win" :)