What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaiian Sativas

IndicaFarmer

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
what's the name for this elegant lady? what be the strain?
I love the sheen on the leaves and the long fingers spread out. really classy looking, great strain structure to it. Thanks for sharing.

RC_Colas

Veteran
I mean, it could be the same progenitor. Idk, gotta wait and see.
Do you know where i can find RC's68 Oax, or a thread on it?
Hola Thcvhunter,

I have a BOEL Oaxacan folder in my photo Galary however I do not know what year the stock is originally from. I was kindly gifted the strain by Olifant via Mr. A many moons ago and did a repro to keep it alive. Good specimens are in the population, solid potency, and old school flavours...here is one girl in my garden this year:)

View media item 18703757
View media item 18703758
View media item 18703757

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Does anyone here know of a seedbank that carries hawaiian strains? I grew out the mountain gold from GMG, which had federations version, but id love to find some new landrace genetics. I know theyre out there
hawaiians are not landraces... they are heirlooms at best... if you will read posts from old haole in this thread, you will understand...

you can get Molokai Frost seeds from Good Gear.

TPFTFW

Veteran
Far as i know BOEL never bred anything intentionally, if they really came from a legit BOEL source they are likely descended from either oaxacan, nayarit, or zacatecas seeds that came from loads my granddad was smuggling out of mexico.
They didn't take much care to separate things in those days so everything got kind of mixed up.
I can ask some of the brothers again more specifics about what they were growing in HI
Right

I’ve seen so many fucking BOEL tags in the past week shits getting ridiculous

Cool leaf
7967F2C3-1A04-4D8A-9947-A8C1622D1C30.jpeg

Last edited:

RC_Colas

Veteran
One of the BOEL chemists passed around 2014/15.
Once he found out his cancer was terminal, he passed off his seed vault. Stuff from 1960s-1980s.

Thats why there's a resurgence in BOEL stuff
Here is a lovely BOEL Oaxacan in my garden this year, and those woth some history will recognize this photo as a bit of homage to my mate bushy;)

View media item 18704296
View media item 18704296
Saludos

RC_Colas

IndicaFarmer

I'm playing with this line now. It was given to me, Old School ( Golden Voice x Hawaiian[ mid 80's on Maui] )x God Bud [crosses in 2011] I found a Old School dom. Also I'm getting a Old School cut in a few weeks. That was a complete surprise, thought she was gone. Sharing with people saves the day. Here is what I call GO-6 She has a strong Tropicana smell not sweet. A for sure old sativa smell. Smoke report in a month.
Aloha DB
Amazing structure, very beautiful in my eyes.

Plookerkingjon

I used to get some gear from out west from a company called classic seeds, the gentleman I'll call him t took very good care of me and he always used to claim that he had a stable of Hawaiian that he uses in his crosses and I always loved his gear. I really don't know what he had but I do know that this thread has me mesmerized

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Mighty fine pictures in this thread. Put's my crappy camera to shame.
Tryin' to get a decent snap of my Thai lady is frustrating.
DSCF9156.JPG
DSCF9155.JPG

She was a gift. Just kept vegging when she went outside. Just started to flower about 2 weeks ago and it's slow.
Now has hundreds of wee buds with almost no visible trichs.

My first pure Sativa kine. Don't know enough about it yet. All comments/suggestions welcome and appreciated.
Mahalo,
Weeze

grayeyes

From what I have heard a 22 week flowering is about right for that one. Takes forever but you know what the result will be. Some people have the patience and some don't. I once grew Malawi Gold and let it go for 22 weeks. Excellent results but the wait was killer.

Please take a picture right before you chop it.

RC_Colas

Veteran
Mighty fine pictures in this thread. Put's my crappy camera to shame.
Tryin' to get a decent snap of my Thai lady is frustrating.
View attachment 18771975 View attachment 18771976
She was a gift. Just kept vegging when she went outside. Just started to flower about 2 weeks ago and it's slow.
Now has hundreds of wee buds with almost no visible trichs.

My first pure Sativa kine. Don't know enough about it yet. All comments/suggestions welcome and appreciated.
Mahalo,
Weeze
She looks outstanding, so assuming you are in Hawaii I would expect her to finish late December and the trics will start to show about 8weeks into flower:) Any details on the Thai region she is from, structure is lovely and upright?

Latest posts

Latest posts