What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaiian Sativas

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Maui Wowie from the past

picture.php

picture.php
Maui Wowie Sativa buds from the present that I was fortunate to score......:smoker:

Maui Wowie.jpg
Maui Wowie c.jpg

Maui Wowie b - Copy.jpeg
Maui Wowie a.jpeg

Operation Wipe Out Patch.jpg

RMS

:smoweed:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The modern Maui is another animal entirely. I want the old one. I would guess the original was just a high quality Mexican line grown in Hawaii.

I had Hawaiian in '85 that would make solid lines like the edge of a door, look like it was moving slightly. Tripped out on 1 hit, for real. Did about 6 hits one time and felt as if I was a surfer that got pounded down into the ocean floor and held there by a 30 foot wave. Could not move and barely think.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
as far as potency of these older "hawaiian" goes, it is not really bad, potency is nice, but I can see why growers from Hawaii would jump on diesel/kush or widow... dictate of market is strong.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
also used a kona male onto Mac Congo/haze mother…

no comparison as yessum said…….gear of yesteryear grown outdoors on dry side of island….pounded one into submission …..
ganj on…
okay, past is past and nowadays?

much respect, but could I have one little question? what is the reason for crossing it with congo haze? kona should not need it, when it pounds you into submission, no? maybe it is just pollen chucking, but I have suspision you want to increase potency with blending haze into it....

Last edited:

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Always wanted a pure Hawaiian Sativa and ordered some Maui Wowie (Hawaiian) from TLT.

Will do a grow and show on them. Maybe trade/sell seeds later. See how it goes.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
Kona used is from ‘modern’ day genetics… from a local … from what I sampled was nice ….
used heavy branched stud onto skimpy weak branched C/H to improve physically….a trifecta of sorts for more commercial minded sat grower/friends in north valley…and from last I heard liking the blend…

ganj on…

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks for the input guys,
I'll try to get both and grow them together like 2+2 side by side in the same space. One day :)

Cheers