Votes: 13 68.4%
  • California

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you don't mind a cooler climate, move to Western CO.

You could possibly find acerage w a house w your budget. There's a full section (640 acres) for sale near me but no house on it. It's listed at $500k. Same property owner has another 120 acre parcel for sale for $100K just down the road. Again, no house. These are both zoned agricultural & are possibly under CRP contract. Only permits needed to build are septic & electric. Property owner is not negotiating the price of $750/acre. As a matter of fact, they just refused an offer for $700/...

soserthc1

Do both and rent the Hawaii crib .

That way you see which you like best and at very least have a investment property. Or do what your ultimately gonna do anyways ( ask the wife)

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Lightweight is right. If you are in bad health, the medical facilities here are not as good as the ones on Oahu, and Oahu is a total mess. On the flip side, there are plenty of outdoor activities that will help to rebuild your own health.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Then again does anyone foresee legal weed in say Floriduh? If so then that's the spot.

Far as island fever I lived for a year+ on Koh Samui in Thailand ( never again ). Never got island sickness but I sure got sick of Thailand in general even after the ambassador kissed my ass in front of a roomful of people and personally authorized a multi-year-come and go anytime visa's ( this is 15 years ago, don't know what it's like now. Don't care either ) without any of the having to leave the country like so many expats there do ( lol )

Now I've been virtually guaranteed to be like the Irv Rosen ( name sp? ) of Fla ( cept I'd have to supply my own ) if I decided to retire in Vietnam but that's because of certain inlaws who have some clout there and I am considering it but not very seriously mostly because of the lack of healthcare that's up to grade. I loved living there which I did for several years and having a private house on the ocean ain't too tough to live with.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Then again does anyone foresee legal weed in say Floriduh? If so then that's the spot.

Far as island fever I lived for a year+ on Koh Samui in Thailand ( never again ). Never got island sickness but I sure got sick of Thailand in general even after the ambassador kissed my ass in front of a roomful of people and personally authorized a multi-year-come and go anytime visa's ( this is 15 years ago, don't know what it's like now. Don't care either ) without any of the having to leave the country like so many expats there do ( lol )

Now I've been virtually guaranteed to be like the Irv Rosen ( name sp? ) of Fla ( cept I'd have to supply my own ) if I decided to retire in Vietnam but that's because of certain inlaws who have some clout there and I am considering it but not very seriously mostly because of the lack of healthcare that's up to grade. I loved living there which I did for several years and having a private house on the ocean ain't too tough to live with.

I'm from Orlando. I spent most of my life there. Florida is great in general except for the weed laws. Housing is cheap, taxes are low, and the beaches are beautiful. It's just hot all the time.

Florida will probably be the first state in the South to legalize it. I have high hopes for next year, but I'm not that confident it will happen. I might move back at some point when it's legal. My whole family is there.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
florida has harsh laws reguarding mj...and its hot and humid...I lived in several places there...if you get caught buying a bag in your ride they can and will take it and auction it off....I suggest riding a bicycle if scoring anything....yeehaw...I like miami and south the rest of florida can feck off!!!!!!